Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Publishing > Book Promotion Ideas and Advice
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
mdin
The late, the great XThe NavigatorX

mdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Silly question about bookplates

My editor just emailed me and said they were mailing me 60 bookplates to sign and return.

Should I do anything other than just sign my name? You know, like something cheesy. "Thanks for reading, huh-huh-huh." I hate doing that stuff. My penmanship is horrendous, and I feel like a tool anytime I put pen to paper.

However, I'm afraid he's going to take one look at my signature and not know which way to place it in the book. (Yes, it really is that bad. Worse than you think.)

What would you do?

My Art
mdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
sgtsdaughter
Nearing the end of an era

sgtsdaughter has earned our admirationsgtsdaughter has earned our admirationsgtsdaughter has earned our admirationsgtsdaughter has earned our admiration
you could put a short quote, a doodle, or something along those lines on the bookplates.

And we already know that I can't spell. Stop your snickering now.
sgtsdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
Ella
practical experience, FTW

Ella is a shiny, shiny jewelElla is a shiny, shiny jewel
Not a silly question.
I'm not sure stamping would be the way to go, as the point is to have an original signature.
I agree with giving it a bit of practice, and I think the extra note is a great idea, as it shows a bit of that 'extra' for the reader, instead of just "look, it's me, and I signed it."

You could come up with a happy face, or a short Thank-you, or Welcome, or Enjoy - one word that is barely discernable would work.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:20 AM   #4
mdin
The late, the great XThe NavigatorX

mdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks people! I had forgotten where I posted this thread.

I just got the bookplates in the mail, and it turns out there's no room for me to do anything but sign on the line. They're preprinted and numbered, so I worried for nothing.

My Art
mdin is offline   Reply With Quote