Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
crimsonnyx
Werewolves & Vampyres Lover

crimsonnyx is on a distinguished road
What is your favorite movie of all time?

Mine is definitely Pride and Prejudice...
I absolutely love Mr. Darcy *sighs a romantic sigh*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . huh? what? did you say something?

Last edited by crimsonnyx; 11-19-2008 at 03:23 PM.
crimsonnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
maestrowork
Fear the Death Ray

maestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cinema Paradiso. That movie puts a lump in my throat every time -- probably because I also left my hometown when I was a teen, and I also love the movies, and I also never saw my first love again...

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
-- Agatha Christie

The Pacific Between • A Bunch of Stories
(2006 IPPY Award)

WIP: Beyond the Banyan Tree - draft 9, 125,000 words

Home Page | Blog | Reviews
maestrowork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Lion In Winter, especially the original version. The dialogue and character interaction is just spectacular and it's one of my favorite historical times and people.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
James81
Great Scott Member

James81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Conspiracy Theory
Old 11-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gone with the Wind, although Gladiator runs it a very close second.
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
CatSlave
Mah tale iz draggin.

CatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthood
Dr. Zhivago and GWTW running a close second.

How PA treats its authors: Oh, stop the whining and contact support@publishamerica.com like everyone else.

PA authors CAN fight back. File a complaint with your credit card company.

Have a question? Who can you trust? Absolute Write, Writer Beware and Preditors & Editors
CatSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
kristie911
Happy to be here

kristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
American History X
Old 11-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Natural
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
jennontheisland
the world is at my command

jennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Starship Troopers

Eat This.
jennontheisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And awwwwwwwaaaaay we go to the 'Movies and Television' forum...

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Ol' Fashioned Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
Jcomp
"Upgrade your gray matter"- Deltron

Jcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Dark Knight. Big surprise there...
Old 11-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
dclary
Survivor

dclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The 11 hour spectacle that is all three LOTR-Extended Edition films shown back-to-back-to-back.

2nd place is Highlander

3rd place is Bloodsport

Those three films mark the highwater mark of all cinema. The greatest fantasy ever, the greatest movie involving immortal scotsmen beheading people with katanas ever, and the greatest martial arts arena movie of all time. It simply does not get better than that.
dclary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #13
dgiharris
Disgruntled Scientist

dgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgiharris is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Have to go by category. No way I can pick a favorite

Drama: The Shawshank Redemption, Antwone Fisher, Leaving Las Vegas
Comedy: I'm Gonna Get Ya Sucka, Airplane, Super Troopers
Action: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero (Jet Li)
Sci-Fi: Star Wars, The Matrix, Back to the Future
Fantasy: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Princess Bride
Modern Fantasy: Sin City, Constantine
Musical: The Little Shop of Horrors
Suspense/Thriller: Silence of the Lambs, The Sixth Sense
Horror: The Exorcist , The Ring
Mystery: Clue
Romance: Made in Heaven
Romantic Comedy: Defending Your Life, 50 First Dates
Urban: Menace II Society
Animation: The Incredibles
Anime: Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll
Foriegn: Life is Beautiful, El Mariachi
Avant Garde: The Blair Witch Project

and there you have it

Last edited by dgiharris; 11-20-2008 at 12:08 AM.
dgiharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #14
Sophia
AW Moderator

Sophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
TRON, if you insist on only one.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #15
Clio
In the mind warp pavilion

Clio is a shiny, shiny jewelClio is a shiny, shiny jewel
If I was locked in a room for the rest of my days with a DVD player and had to choose just one....ooh - I still couldn't choose between 'A Room with a View' and 'Some Like it Hot'.

The adverb is not your friend - Stephen King

Those who feel me near, pull the blinds and change their minds... - Bowie
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #16
mscelina
Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you

Location: Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
mscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleyanLee View Post
The Lion In Winter, especially the original version. The dialogue and character interaction is just spectacular and it's one of my favorite historical times and people.
One of my favorite plays and IMHO the all-time greatest on screen performances by both Hepburn and O'Toole.

But my favorite all-time movie? Hmmm...it's a toss-up. I'm taking Star Wars by a nose over Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and Glory.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #17
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Horror-- evil dead
Drama-- little big man
Funny-- happy gilmore
Sci-fi-- all of them
Singing and dancing flick-- little shop of horrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.
crash boom girl, the original.
FB book page
Outside of the box with Girl in a Coma.
My music column
The Airborne Toxic Event, if it feels good
DL Hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #18
Barber
Timing is everything...

Barber has earned our admirationBarber has earned our admirationBarber has earned our admirationBarber has earned our admiration
Beetlejuice.

And don't even get me started on the cartoon. SIGH, those were the days!
Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #19
PattiTheWicked
Unleashing Hell.

PattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. Gladiator
2. Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version)
3. The Princess Bride
4. Fight Club
5. The entire LOTR trilogy (yeah, I'm calling it as one movie!)
PattiTheWicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #20
Dale Emery
is way off topic

Dale Emery should run for PresidentDale Emery should run for PresidentDale Emery should run for PresidentDale Emery should run for PresidentDale Emery should run for PresidentDale Emery should run for President
Red (Kieslowsky)
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #21
williemeikle
The force is strong in this one.

williemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputation
If there can be only one, then its The Maltese Falcon

(A Night at the Opera is a close second.)
Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #22
Varthikes
Dragon Writer

Varthikes is well-respected
Disney animation = Dinosaur
Disney live-action = Flight of the Navigator
Fantasy = Dragonheart
Comedy = Short Circuit
Science Fiction = FarScape: The Peacekeeper Wars
Action/Adventure = Transformers
Family = The Ant Bully
Western = Dances With Wolves

Draconia: Fractured Dream (112,405; complete)
Draconia: Rehatching (119,465 words; complete)
Final Frontier (3030 words; 1 chapter complete)

Now Available:

In print and electronic formats.
Varthikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #23
Mrs. Strange
Water resistant

Mrs. Strange has a spectacular aura
Today it's Run Lola Run
Twitter: siabra
Mrs. Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #24
CaroGirl
Living the dream

CaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
To Kill a Mockingbird.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #25
Shadow_Ferret
Ferret Untombed

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Conquerer. I mean, how can you not love John Wayne as Ghengis Khan? "Share the booty, pilgrim."

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote