RIP Michael Crichton, author

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Super Member
Registered
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
9,090
Reaction score
2,165
Location
Lost Angeles
http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/11/67369/

Prolific novelist and "ER" creator Michael Crichton has passed away. He was 66.


Perhaps best known for being the author of Jurassic Park and its sequel The Lost World, which were turned into a hugely successful movie franchise, his numerous books have sold over 150 million copies worldwide.


In what his family calls an unexpected death, it was revealed that he was waging a private battle against cancer.

RIP. His stories will continue to be enjoyed for generations.
 

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
3,379
Reaction score
1,404
Age
58
Location
following the breadcrumbs back to AW
Wow. Yep, his writing will be missed. Since I never met him, I can't say that I'll miss him, but I'll definitely miss reading anything new from him.

My condolences to his friends and family.
 

vixey

C'est la vie!
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
3,020
Reaction score
3,403
:( Yes, condolences and prayers to his family.
 

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
43,746
Reaction score
8,654
Location
Los Angeles
Website
www.amazon.com
WOW. Just WOW.

RIP. You're one of my favorite writers. Thank you for all the great works you've given us. And on top of it, your gift of imagination.
 

Cybernaught

Decker
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
185
Location
Philadelphia
Jurassic Park was just one of those books that really sparked my imagination as a kid. I owe a bit of my influences to him.

RIP.
 

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
1,153
Location
The Void
Wow- just wow! Loved his work, his creativity will not be forgotten.
 

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
8,368
Reaction score
2,327
Location
Bookstores
He gave us all so much. I'll miss his creativity and imagination, and wonder what might have been had he been granted a few more years with us.
 

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
14,413
Reaction score
11,181
Location
Albany, NY
It was reading the Andromeda Strain as a kid that made me think about writing. He was one of my major influences. I am a huge fan of Mr. Crichton and am, frankly, devastated by this news...
 

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
7,153
Reaction score
4,142
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
This is the first time I've genuinely felt grieved about a "celebrity death."

It feels like a piece of my childhood was just ripped away.

RIP, Mr. Crichton. I'll be handing my wornout paperback copies of Jurassic Park and Sphere to my future kids.
 

selkn.asrai

Rawr.
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
477
Reaction score
143
Location
New England
God rest him. I couldn't put Jurassic Park down for more than 5 minutes without compulsively picking it up again.
 

Jimmyboy1

Banned
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
510
Reaction score
125
Location
CT
RIP Michael Crighton, author

Wonderful man, only 66.
The good always go too young.

Good on you, Michael!