Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Erotica
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Sakamonda

Sakamonda is well-respected
Call for Erotic Short Story Submissions (This is a paying market)

Erotica author Jamaica Layne is editing a "Sex and Politics" anthology for Ravenous Romance. Seeking short erotic stories, 2000-4500 words in length (flexible) on the convergence of sex and politics. Sex and politics go together like wine and cheese, after all, so let's see those stories! Any and all interpretations of the "Sex and Politics" theme considered-----from a local election for the wastewater-treatment department all the way up to the President of the United States. International political settings are welcome too!. We'll even consider office politics! Male-female, male-male, female-female, menage, BDSM, all are welcome. Quality writing is what matters most. Submission deadline is December 1, 2008; the anthology will be released on Inauguration Day 2009, just in time for our new US president! Advance paid, plus split of royalties. Submit your stories to jamaicalayne@yahoo.com in MS Word format.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: SEX AND SCIENCE

Erotica author Jamaica Layne is editing a "Sex and Science" anthology for Ravenous Romance. Seeking short erotic stories, 2000-4500 words in length (flexible) on the convergence of sex and science. Interpretations of the "Sex and Science" theme are wide open------it can mean erotic science fiction, sex in a science lab, cybernetic sex, holographic/virtual sex, sex therapists doing experiments, sex in a medical setting, you name it! Show us how creative you can be with this theme! Male-female, male-male, female-female, menage, BDSM, all are welcome. Quality writing is what matters most. Submission deadline is January 1, 2009. Advance paid, plus split of royalties. Submit your stories to jamaicalayne@yahoo.com in MS Word format.

MARKET FOR LOVE now available; Buy it here.

[Jamaica Layne] has built a multifaceted writing career, in genres ranging from theater to erotic fiction"---Chicago Tribune

"Layne sucks you in and doesn't let go until the last page."--Love Romance Passion.com

"Once you read Jamaica Layne, she will be on your auto-buy list."----Dirty Girl Reviews, on MARKET FOR LOVE

4 Stars!----Romantic Times Magazine
Sakamonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
ELMontague
AW Moderator

ELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Point of Information: Why do the pieces go to Jamaica Layne instead of Submissions@RavenousRomance?
ELMontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
Sakamonda

Because Jamaica Layne is the editor for this anthology. Ravenous hired me to edit the anthology, collect and review submissions, etc. This is what they do with most of their anthologies.

[Jamaica Layne] has built a multifaceted writing career, in genres ranging from theater to erotic fiction"---Chicago Tribune

"Layne sucks you in and doesn't let go until the last page."--Love Romance Passion.com

"Once you read Jamaica Layne, she will be on your auto-buy list."----Dirty Girl Reviews, on MARKET FOR LOVE

Old 11-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
ELMontague
AW Moderator

ELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudgeELMontague is better than ice cream with hot fudge
fair enough. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Sakamonda

Please note that we can only accept original stories for this market. Previously published stories are not eligible.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #6
ELMontague
AW Moderator

Sakamonda - I will submit a piece to you. Should finish it tonight, a week with the readers and edits. You'll have something mid-month.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
MargueriteMing
practical experience, FTW

MargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewelMargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewel
Is there a link to a web site with submission guidelines, taboo list, rights of ownership and such? Are those the only anthologies open?
MargueriteMing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
Sakamonda

www.ravenousromance.com
ravenousromance.blogspot.com

Old 11-06-2008, 01:53 AM   #9
Calla Lily
Formerly known as callalily61
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Alas, I'm--pun intended--screwed.

I decided to jump in with both feet last night and subbed an erotic horror with a non-HEA.

Oh, well. Good luck, everyone else!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 AM   #10
Sakamonda

I'll still take a look at it Callalilly. Or you could rework the ending and resubmit if you like.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:40 AM   #11
Calla Lily
Formerly known as callalily61
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thank you! Please look at it as-is and let me know. I can see my way to a possible different ending, but it's your call.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
cameronknight
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

cameronknight is on a distinguished road
How interesting! I'm always looking for additional publishers to throw my stories at. I'll have a browse around!

A.J.
cameronknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #13
ELMontague
AW Moderator

Submission sent for "Sex and Politics."
Old 11-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #14
ELMontague
AW Moderator

OK - So, I meant to wait for feedback on the Sex and Politics piece, but I enjoyed myself enough with that one, that I'll have one for Sex and Science too.

I hope they are well received.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #15
Sakamonda

Thanks, I look forward to reviewing them.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #16
princemamuwaldi

Kindly let me know if the story entitled "Beef Stew" meets your criteria

Thanks

http://shadez.vox.com/
Old 11-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #17
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sent mine today, in a 30-second window of thinking it was good enough. Of course, now that window's closed again and I'm imagining you slapping your forehead over having to read it.

Sorry!

Maryn, not really sorry
Maryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:29 AM   #18
damiriji
figuring it all out

damiriji is on a distinguished road
Sent "Marital Bliss" your way.
damiriji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #19
Sakamonda

Sex & Politics submissions will be closed as of midnight tomorrow (US Central Time).

Sex & Science submissions still open, through January 1st.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #20
Sakamonda

Sex & Science Submissions are closed as of midnight tonight (January 1), USA Central Time.

Have received oodles of subs from many top erotica authors from all over the world, so getting into this anthology will be super-competitive.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #21
nkkingston
Bemused Girl

nkkingston has a spectacular aurankkingston has a spectacular aura
Are there likely to be any more anthologies along these lines on other themes? If so, is this the best place to look for sub guidelines, or on the Ravenous Romance website?

Hungry? Check out my other half's blog Colonel Mustard in the Kitchen.
nkkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #22
Sakamonda

You can look at the Ravenous Romance blog for the latest anthology guidelines:
ravenousromance.blogspot.com. There are a few new calls for subs there. I post guidelines here when I'm editing an anthology, but not all the editors do that.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #23
nkkingston
Bemused Girl

nkkingston has a spectacular aurankkingston has a spectacular aura
Thanks for the info. I admit, I didn't find the sub guidelines at first glance, but I just missed them on the About page.

Hungry? Check out my other half's blog Colonel Mustard in the Kitchen.

Last edited by nkkingston; 01-08-2009 at 09:25 PM.
nkkingston is offline   Reply With Quote