• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Truth Magazine

Frumious B

Registered
Reaction score
From their website:

All contents of this website are copyrighted by The Truth Magazine or it's authors.

Someone get them an editor stat!

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Frumious B said:
Someone get them an editor stat!

Beep... beep... beep... flatline!

They also have text that says "The best new fiction straight from our writer's hearts..." Does that mean there's only one of them? ;)

But then, I don't hold out much hope for a site that whines "There must be an alternative to the formulaic literature being produced nowadays." Often, that translates to a couple of possibilities:

1) Waah, I can't write interesting stories, so I will convince myself that people who can write them must be hacks.

and

2) Waah, I hate stories with (ewwww) plots. I want to read and support really cool hip stuff with experimental writing techniques, no plots, and characters nobody can relate to. That's odd. Why doesn't anyone want to pay for my magazine?
:Huh:

Last edited:

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the design is a, um, statement on... jeez.

No, it's just awful.

Random capitalizations, misused apostrophes, missing punctuation.

They seem to be pretty honest about the whole "not paying anything" thing, even if it does take the site owner three sentences under "What We Pay" to get to it.

The big 'red flag' for me is that there doesn't seem to be any advertising going on -- how is anyone going to find this magazine? And how does the site owner plan on getting any money for it or to build any kind of readership?

If it were a forum to display works for publicity or prestige (or, heck, just to showcase personal works or friends' works), I could see potential, but as a commercial venture, I don't see much future for it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still non-paying, but they've cleaned up their act site considerably.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's down ... the last Google cache (12/30) has it reading
Hey all, having some issues with the mag right now, so we are taking a break and will be returning for the May issue. Look for it May 1st!

-The Eds
We'll see if it returns.