Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
basilsands
figuring it all out

basilsands is on a distinguished road
Alaska thriller writer joining the conversation

Howdy from the GreatLand, Alaska.

I am Basil Sands, author of several novels that have become a pretty good hit on the web in their serialized podcast audio version (over 10,000 listeners). That having been said, I have yet to sell a thing. Hopefully this board can help me along that journey.

Regardless, I am looking forward to great information, conversation and whatever else happens here.

Looking for a high action thrill? Download my free podcast novels .

Who Dares, Wins
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
alleycat
I make my own fun.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
SherriC
figuring it all out

SherriC is on a distinguished road
Welcome, Basil! Congratulations on your success so far. Having a fan base sure can't hurt your chances at traditional publication.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
auntybug
teh other evil broad

Location: I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing myself.
auntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
to the cooler. I'm one of the "whatever else happens here". Nice to meet ya
auntybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
Elonna
I'm a dork

Elonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolness
Welcome, Basil

Elonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #7
joyce
I'm really shy...

joyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjoyce is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Cooler.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #8
angelgirl
practical experience, FTW

angelgirl is on a distinguished road
Welcome from a former Alaksan.
angelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #9
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW!

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
melaniehoo
And thus we begin the edits

melaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW & good luck!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #11
basilsands
figuring it all out

Wow you're all so nice! Hello back at ya.

Angelgirl: Where ya from? Why'd ya leave?

Who Dares, Wins
Old 09-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #12
Phot's Moll
practical experience, FTW

Phot's Moll is well-respected
Hi
Phot's Moll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #13
smoothseas
Life sucks... Then ya die...

smoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssmoothseas is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ahoy there, Basil, and welcome aboard....

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Dorothy Parker

Boredom is just the reverse side of fascination: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other. - Arthur Schopenhauer

I fell asleep reading a dull book and dreamed I kept on reading, so I awoke from sheer boredom. - Heinrich Heine

It is only a step from boredom to disillusionment, which leads naturally to self-pity, which in turn ends in chaos. - Manly Hall
smoothseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #14
willfulone
I am a zebra...

willfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome Basil!
willfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:35 AM   #15
donroc
Historicals and Horror rule

donroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome and enjoy.

House of Rocamora, sequel to Rocamora and a novel of 17th century Amsterdam, now available in soft cover, Kindle, and assorted ebooks.

"Chronology is not destiny"
Donald Michael Platt

"If, as Napoleon said, History is a myth agreed upon, let mine be the definitive myth."
Donald Michael Platt

www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6OtI&feature=channel_page
donroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:39 AM   #16
regdog
Kreon Prowl
AW Moderator

Location: Protecting, Serving and well he's a Kreon so who knows what he's up to
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Greetings and

My Blog-Updated on 7/18/14 Food Allergies

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:07 AM   #17
Appalachian Writer
Somewhere in the hills....

Appalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
All are welcome here. I've always wanted to go to Alaska. How's the weather this time of year?

http://wkeverhart.blogspot.com
http://raphaelsvillage.com/
working revisions:
book 1...now at 97,702 complete! finished.
book 2...now at 40,551
Appalachian Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #18
smcc360
I've Got An MFA In LEO

smcc360 is a glorious beacon of lightsmcc360 is a glorious beacon of lightsmcc360 is a glorious beacon of light
Hi, and welcome. And thanks for lending us your governor.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #19
C A Winters
Never say "I can't."

C A Winters is a splendid one to beholdC A Winters is a splendid one to beholdC A Winters is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to AW forums.

-Carol-

C A Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 AM   #20
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Greetings and hallucinations!

Welcome to the Cooler.

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #21
Don Allen
Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence

Don Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey we need you in the p&ce threads....welcome
Don Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #22
basilsands
figuring it all out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Writer View Post
All are welcome here. I've always wanted to go to Alaska. How's the weather this time of year?
Well, we seem to have missed summer this year. And now the rain season has started in earnest...bummer, because we didn't have our beautiful green and sunny season at all...so much for global warmin.

It is already autumn, and in three weeks or so will be leafless and cold. But that means snow is just around the corner, and that's not too bad.

Who Dares, Wins
Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #23
basilsands
figuring it all out

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcc360 View Post
Hi, and welcome. And thanks for lending us your governor.
No problem...we'll miss her, but hey it's a major shot in the arm for us to have someone in the national big four.

Who Dares, Wins
Old 09-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #24
basilsands
figuring it all out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williebee View Post
Greetings and hallucinations!

Welcome to the Cooler.
Hallucinations to you too, kind sir.

Who Dares, Wins
Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #25
basilsands
figuring it all out

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Allen View Post
Hey we need you in the p&ce threads....welcome
see you there...

Who Dares, Wins