Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Ralph Pines
In Search of the Throne of Stars

Ralph Pines has a spectacular auraRalph Pines has a spectacular aura
Smile Hello Folks!

New to this forum, working on my first novel (novella). Think I have something that might, just might be publishable, then again maybe not. Will see. Now working on the second draft.

You can find my first draft (yes the first rough draft) here:

http://ralfast.wordpress.com

Thank You all!
Ralph Pines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
writerterri
It's a dorky day!

writerterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW Ralph! I find all you need to know about your WIP here at the cooler.

Check out my etsy shop!
Awesome new stuff just posted! TerriberriOriginals.etsy.com

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, the easy stuff should be all up hill. TL Wies

The tallest mountain you will ever climb is getting over yourself.

writerterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ralph! Welcome.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
crimsonlaw
Roll Tide Roll!!!

crimsonlaw is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Enjoy exploring this place! You may want to post your request in the beta reader forum. There are lots of folks there who are ready and willing to help everyone in reviewing their work. You'll be impressed by the quality of feedback you'll get from folks there. Again, enjoy yourself here!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
willfulone
I am a zebra...

willfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillfulone is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome.
willfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
oarsman
Salt water is the cure

oarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome, Ralph! Glad you joined.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #7
Ralph Pines

Thank you all. I'll probably post something as soon as I start my second draft. I got at least one good review of sorts but it was biased, she is an ex-girlfriend of mine.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #8
mchl41
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

mchl41 is on a distinguished road
Wecome to AW! Don't worry about writing it over again and again. Thats a good sign, your recognizing improvements you need to make. I had to rewrite my first two chapters twice. Its a labor of love. Have fun and keep writing. There are great people here to help you. Have to go, my kids are tearing up the living room.
mchl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #9
Arisa81
Benefactor Member

Arisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArisa81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome

Arisa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #10
jamiehall
Bereaved Snarkling

jamiehall has earned our admirationjamiehall has earned our admirationjamiehall has earned our admirationjamiehall has earned our admiration
If you want critique, try posting it (one chapter at a time) in the "secret" forum here that is called "Share Your Work" (scroll down, it's password protected but the password is right there).

jamiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #11
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #12
Chrisla
practical experience, FTW

Chrisla has a spectacular aura
Welcome and congratulations on finishing a first draft.
Chrisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Mumut
Well begun is half done...

Mumut should run for PresidentMumut should run for PresidentMumut should run for PresidentMumut should run for PresidentMumut should run for PresidentMumut should run for President
Welcome and keep working on your novel. While you're not convinced it's ready it most probably isn't. But don't worry. There's stacks of help here.
Mumut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #14
donroc
Historicals and Horror rule

donroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome and enjoy.

House of Rocamora, sequel to Rocamora and a novel of 17th century Amsterdam, now available in soft cover, Kindle, and assorted ebooks.

"Chronology is not destiny"
Donald Michael Platt

"If, as Napoleon said, History is a myth agreed upon, let mine be the definitive myth."
Donald Michael Platt

www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6OtI&feature=channel_page
donroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
Robert Toy
FOB and Slayer of windmills

Robert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW!

“You're not.”

“It's so tough to be PC! You need to be respectful and tolerant, and use your brain.”

“Reported. Try getting your head out of your ass before posting.”

“Because of assholes like you who justify racism.”

“Honestly, just stop posting. Every time you do, you just end up being more of a racist asshole.”
Robert Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
GordonK

GordonK is on a distinguished road
Welcome Ralph.
GordonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
Ralph Pines

Yeah it is going to take some work. I left a few things out the first time around. As for my popcorn, hot, light on the butter with healthy amount of salt!

:-)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #18
Round John Virgin

Round John Virgin has a spectacular aura
Hey, Ralph! Welcome aboard!
"England, get out of Scotland!" (anonymous)

To read the first three chapters of Medusa's Daughter, visit:
http://lulu.com/content/690706

Round John Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #19
Ralph Pines

Posted the intro to my novel in the pw locked section. It is very short. Right now I am re-reading my novel and cleaning up the adverbs and trying to get rid of all that passive voice.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:33 AM   #20
ima_brat93
In a World of her Own

ima_brat93 is well-respected
Hello, Ralph! ...So....what do you write? ^^ I write paranormal, myself.

-Sam
"The trees cry out as they die, but you cannot hear them. I lie here. I listen to the pain of the forest and feel the ache of the bullet in my chest, and I dream of the day I will finally crunch that gun-woman's head in my jaws." - Moro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
So...run with it! Run with it, naked and screaming Nordic battle cries. That normally works for me.
Ha. Woot, Zoombie. :P
ima_brat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #21
sthrnwriter
A New Year to Admire

sthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputation
Ralph! Welcome to AW.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:58 AM   #22
Ralph Pines

Fantasy/Sci-fi although my first novel falls in the general fiction category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_brat93 View Post
Hello, Ralph! ...So....what do you write? ^^ I write paranormal, myself.

-Sam
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #23
JenUK24
Jess aged 15 months

JenUK24 is on a distinguished road
to AW.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Good luck with your Novel.

J x

JenUK24 is offline   Reply With Quote