Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_G

Sir Brian the Fabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
Illinois, where our governors make our license pla
It's really close. THeir neighbors can't be happy about it. The first house built for an 'unobstructed view', and now their neighbors are going to be right in part of it. :) Ah 'getting to know the people next to you' *snerk.
Their neighbors forgot a very important rule about building for an unobstructed view... you have to also own the property that is between you and the view.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Well it won't be too bad - they still have about 120 degrees unobstructed, just lost the last 60 :D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And it's still snowing. We've gotten another inch or so overnight. Not much. The roads are still clear, though.

Girlchild has a camera in her phone and took a picture of my Peke being a foo bat:

FooBat.jpg

No flippers, but hopefully you can see him in his happy foo bat state :D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:D He loves to lay so he can hang his head over the edge. He's a weird dog. So very mine. LOL!

LilGreenBookworm

I write with crayons.
Registered
Reaction score
Weird dogs are the best! My puppy had so many random little quirks that made him awesome. I miss him a lot. Best dog ever. :)

LilGreenBookworm

I write with crayons.
Registered
Reaction score
No worries, he passed on almost two years ago now. The cowboy hat picture is only one of many dress-up times we had. One time he wore the Energizer Bunny Ears. How that poor dog didn't hate me I'll never know. :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Their neighbors forgot a very important rule about building for an unobstructed view... you have to also own the property that is between you and the view.

Words of wisdom.

Only reason my parents house still has an unobstructed view is because they were at the top of the hill, and all the neighbors were down the slope.

Of course, some of the neighborhood trees have kind of grown up in the meantime, but it's still not a bad view.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
@Lil - My mom got this cat when I was 4yrs old and it loved me from the very first day. Totally my cat. Eventhough I would wrap it up like a baby and stick it in my baby buggy - rolling it around the house as it fussed. :)

She loved me for 21 years, that cat did. She died 2 summers ago. *sighs*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And it's still snowing. We've gotten another inch or so overnight. Not much. The roads are still clear, though.

Our roads up north *sucked* yesterday. I swear, not only does everyone forget how to drive in it, but the road crews forget how to deal with it. So glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

Though I shoveled out my drive anyway, lest it build up. We've got more than an inch or so and it's still snowing.

snow_shovel_smiley.gif

Girlchild has a camera in her phone and took a picture of my Peke being a foo bat:

For a moment I though a "foo bat" was something like a "Fu dog," which would have been appropriate of course, but then I realized that probably isn't what you meant.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to lose a pet. :( But at least we have lots of memories and pictures of them! :)

Or you can be like one of the people on the new Animal Planet show and have them stuffed by a professional taxidermist and keep them around forever and ever.

... A concept which I find both ghastly and extraordinarily creepy.

:eek:

LilGreenBookworm

I write with crayons.
Registered
Reaction score
Or you can be like one of the people on the new Animal Planet show and have them stuffed by a professional taxidermist and keep them around forever and ever.

... A concept which I find both ghastly and extraordinarily creepy.

:eek:

I can understand the sentiment behind doing something like that, but it isn't for me. My puppy was never still in life, it would be weird to see him frozen like that.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
My wife has joked that should I die, she might have me stuffed and put me in my recliner so she can pretend I'm still with her.

She's kidding of course.

I'm pretty sure.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Whenever we've lost a dog, since married, my wife has me dig a hole in the backyard and we bury them back there. I had to do the same for my SIL's dog and my MIL's dog. They didn't have yards at the time. So right now I have 4 dogs (2 are mine) buried back there. (3 boxers, 1 collie.)Plus a bird. And whatever frogs my kids have pulled out of the pool.

Now my SIL has her own yard, so when either of her 2 pass, she can bury them there.

My MIL doesn't. However, she has small dogs now. While I would never get a small dog, nothing smaller than a bulldog which I've never had, but would love, I'm glad she has small ones.

My wife grew up loving boxers, so we'll always have one.

I will never not have a dog in the house.

A) We love them too much and

B) when there's no dog, my wife makes me get up and check the house in the middle of the night every time she hears a noise. Any noise. Even if she's the one who made it.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
BTW, I'm back for now. I just got home a little bit ago. Took child # 2 to ice skating & did the grocery shopping.

Will be leaving in an hour to take child #1 to basketball, then probably out to eat with everyone.

LilGreenBookworm

I write with crayons.
Registered
Reaction score
My puppy was the only one I have had that I remember. He was part of our family for 15 years. We haven't had a dog since, and I definitely miss the companionship, especially with the hubby away all the time.

Love the part B, Vince, sounds like my mom and dad. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.