Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it pretty in autumn where you are?

It's not quite autumn here, but it's slowly getting there.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, its nice autumn going on. The leaves has red-yellow colour already.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The leaves haven't really started changing color here.

This is a couple of pictures taken some time in the past near where I live (it's part of a scenic highway run by the National Park Service). There will be all sorts of colors in the woods in October.

Natchez%20Trace%20Parkway_24577.jpg

Autumn%20Along%20The%20Trace_24595.jpg

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. So I found out half an hour ago that the retail job I had lined up has changed ever so slightly.

So instead of working in my local shopping centre, I'll be working somewhere else that will take 2 buses (at least) to get to. It's not the one way out in the country (thankfully!) but I'd still prefer to work in the close-by one.

*sigh*

My theory is that I was so great in the interview that they decided to move me to a high-profile location. Or maybe not...

But it is a BIG shopping district, that happens to get a lot of tourists. It seems someone pulled out of their being assigned to that store, so it fell to me to fill the gap.

Cest la vie. It's still money.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and the upshot is that that shopping area actually has a bookstore (or is it 2?) whereas my local centre's book store closed down over a year ago.

So I can spend my money on books! Woo! (Not that I need any more books... I could probably do with another book case though. :tongue)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need more bookcases too. I really don't want my house to look like a library, but it's coming close.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Well, good luck with the job, Cliff. I would need a bigger bookcase.

I'm stuck on next problem, Estimate and financial plan. >.> Ugh.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm. Mum has 2 giant bookcases full to the brim. I have a big one and a small one nearly full to the brim...

It was even more like a library when my sister lived with us. Us 3 are the big readers in the family (well, and nanna) so when she was here there were books EVERYWHERE.

A goal of mine is to build a house (well, pay someone else to build it, but still...) with a hallway purposefully made larger than normal, and then have built-in bookcases all along one side of the hallway.

It's a nightmare trying to design a floor plan that allows access to all areas of the house lying off the hallway, but also with enough wall space in the hall for bookcases to be built in...

It might be a pipe dream, unless I get 2 hallways... Hmm... Interesting idea. :D

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
I have only small bookcase, but it's not fully book case. I'd need also a bit bigger flat then bigger bookcase. :D I wish I had money to buy a house where is small library!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have four large bookcases (full height), four medium bookcases, two small bookcases, and one cabinet with a wine rack underneath that I've turned into a magazine rack. Plus I pile stuff in the closets and back bedroom.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh, AC. Maybe you should start a book store! You could take one shelf from each case and bam - you've got an aisle in a second-hand book store.

Although I could never bear to sell my collection, even if it meant having my own store.

:)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I had a large almost wall to ceiling bookcase full and a small one full and several books in boxes, on the desk, on the bed, in the closet. Now they're all packed up and gone.

And on that note, my son said that he was bringing it all back. :Wha: He said that even with him and his wife working full time, that they still couldn't afford the rent, bills, kid's expenses, food etc. So, they have to move out and maybe get a one bedroom. *sigh*

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. Sorry, NF. That blows and sucks.

Cliff. Forget the bus. You need a Harley.

I've been in a meeting with a music professor all morning. I think he was intimidated by my jazziness.

ROAR :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
agrees with you there, muppet.

your jazz hands can be very intimidating. :scared: especially with the bedazzled gloves on.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Waiting for father to pick me up then to parents. Also! Waiting for serviceman to fix my doorbell, even I hate doorbells, it need to be fix'd.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the "I give up on mankind" story department.

A local 25-year-old single woman gave birth to twin boys a day or two ago. No one even knew she was pregnant. She didn't want her parents to find out . . . so she strangled the two babies with her bare hands and hid the bodies in her closet. Her father found the bodies and called the police.

Sheesh, we have a "safe harbor" law here. If someone doesn't want their babies they can take them to any number of places and the facility has to take them; basically, no questions asked. The mother then has 30 days to change her mind.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. Sorry, NF. That blows and sucks.

Cliff. Forget the bus. You need a Harley.

I've been in a meeting with a music professor all morning. I think he was intimidated by my jazziness.

ROAR :D

Actually, my cousin has a Harley. But he lives in England... Maybe he'd lend it to you? :D

I don't trust myself to control ANY vehicle. If I were to ever get my license, I'd need an actual tank just to convince myself it's safe for me to drive on the roads.

:)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score

A local 25-year-old single woman gave birth to twin boys a day or two ago. No one even knew she was pregnant. She didn't want her parents to find out . . . so she strangled the two babies with her bare hands and hid the bodies in her closet. Her father found the bodies and called the police.

Sheesh, we have a "safe harbor" law here. If someone doesn't want their babies they can take them to any number of places and the facility has to take them; basically, no questions asked. The mother then has 30 days to change her mind.

That's horrible!

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
agrees with you there, muppet.

your jazz hands can be very intimidating. :scared: especially with the bedazzled gloves on.

There's no need for you to be fearful, NF.

I'm a trained jazz professional!

PS. I lied about the training.

PPSS. And the professionalism.

PPPSSS. ROAR :D

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That's horrible!

Seconded. That's really horrific.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, we'll all intimidated by your jazz playing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.