The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I went to a playdate this morning, was a bit late so there were about 7 ladies there when I showed up. They all turned around simultaneously and said "CONGRATULATIONS!"

I had this moment of complete confusion thinking, "OMG how do they know? WTF????!?!?!?!"

Then I realized they meant getting pregnant.

Oh, this baby thing? Pssh, whatever.

I love your priorities. :D

HA! I fell asleep revising once and woke up with 200 PAGES of “d”s.

:roll:

Jo, oh are we ar the rep stage? Me, please!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
First things first!

WHOOO HOOOO, JO!!!!!

:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

(having read the book, I can't say that I'm entirely surprised... ;))

CONGRATULATIONS, Amarie! That is wonderful news!!!

Noompsy, so glad to hear that your school system is so awesome and that your kidlet is doing well!

I must have miscommunicated some. My folks live in San Diego. My sis lives in SF. I have cousins and such in Sacramento. But I was born and raised in SD, and I've lived in Venice longer than I've lived anywhere -- so, roots-wise, I'm pretty rooted where I am.

I mainly don't want to leave California, because yeah, it's my home. And I'm not at a place in my life where I think it's a good idea to go someplace that isn't "home."

Oh dear, poor Rickette! I have no idea what to suggest...

Howdy, JennW!

There is no greater awesome than bears dispatched to protect the Olympic torch.

Oh, perhaps there is! Thirteen Bears and a Newsreader on Marijuana!

Last edited:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay, so, after another chat with the agent, etc. it looks like we're taking this offer. Nothing signed yet, but I shall start attempting to go back and rep...

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please include me, Jo. Gracias!

Maryn, suddenly Spanish

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
i mainly repped everyone so very little left to say here.:)

but, jo, i wants a rep!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Now that I'm home, I can show off the cool thing AW's williebee made me into:

Ath_Hz3CMAAxcbs.jpg

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Crazy busy weekend - including driving 2.5 hours, doing a 3 hour workshop, then driving 2.5 hours back on Saturday. All day errands on Sunday. I was soo disoriented Monday thinking it should have been Sunday...

I repped as I went, but it should be repeated:

WooHoo!!!!! Jo, I'm so excited for you! Rep me!!!

Hi, JennW! Lovely to see you!

Lwalker - you can do it - just write, and revise, and worry about pacing after you make the changes you would like to make - ie, finish, then review the pacing. But trust your instincts :)

Blond - you can do it - I know you can - and rest, once in a while, is necessary. ;)

I know I'm missing stuff...hugs and high fives as needed.

~suki

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Minor mememe moment: I sent The Agent my all-over-the-place brainstormy book pitch. His question: Does it have series potential? (I love this man.) He also wanted to make sure there was no potential for paranormal bestiality. I said definitely not. ew. ew.ew.ew.

Now I get to do all kinds of fun research and brainstorming and outlining. :banana:
/mememe

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo, awesome!!!!!!!!:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Yay, Lily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much good news today!!!

I likes it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Jo - I needs a rep!:)

Lily - Yay for new ideas. Good luck.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
So I went to a playdate this morning, was a bit late so there were about 7 ladies there when I showed up. They all turned around simultaneously and said "CONGRATULATIONS!"

I had this moment of complete confusion thinking, "OMG how do they know? WTF????!?!?!?!"

Then I realized they meant getting pregnant.

Oh, this baby thing? Pssh, whatever.

:roll: Only a writer would react this way! Love it.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay so I guess my question is, what is considered bestiality in the paranormal realm? Like is a human and a demon bestiality? Or a human and a... uh... I dunno, I don't get into this genre much so... um... a zombie? Or a centaur?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The FMC is a shifter, so yes: centaur, wolf, lightning bird, dragon, etc. There will be smex in this, so the shifter must be in human or humanoid form when doing the nasty. :e2brows:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Okay so I guess my question is, what is considered bestiality in the paranormal realm? Like is a human and a demon bestiality? Or a human and a... uh... I dunno, I don't get into this genre much so... um... a zombie? Or a centaur?

It can be tricky because some characters are semi-human or mostly-human or can transform along a spectrum of human to animal. For me, a centaur would be over the line. Physically, that's an animal.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
By the way... I know nothing is written in stone on my contract yet and we've got all that to go through. But I do just want to take a moment to tell the unpubbed folks in here to NEVER GIVE UP.

I started writing my first complete novel when I was 15, finished when I was 16, failed to get it published. I've written several more since then, none of which went anywhere. I'm 30 now. So I've literally spent half my life pursuing this dream.

I joined AW five years ago, and I've seen person after person (many in this thread) land publishing deals. I often thought, "When is it going to be my turn? Will it EVER be my turn?"

This particular novel was one of many I've written, and it certainly was not the most marketable. But it's the one I truly believed in. I've spent roughly 10 years working on the manuscript, on and off. I did multiple rounds of queries for several different revisions of the book. This last round of queries racked up well upwards of 300 rejections. (Actually more like 350.) The agent I now have rejected the first query I sent him. He asked for the MS a few hours after I sent the second. He was the only agent to offer representation.

I guess my point here is that, while Blond is right when she said publishing is more chaos theory than skill - it's also not quite random. Maybe you won't hit the "jackpot" the first time or the second time or the 349th time. But if you keep working at it, if you keep striving to be a better writer, keep improving your craft, and just KEEP ON PERSEVERING, it will happen.

It might not happen for another decade, but if you want it bad enough, it will. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.