Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
hexseraph

Red face Ready... set... write!

Hey all,

An English teacher asked me to join the writers group in high school, and I found that it really inspired me to get something on paper before Tuesday after school. I also found that other opinions really helped my work (as much as anything can help bad high school poetry). Now I am a "trailing spouse", someone who follows their spouse to a foreign country, and I have committed myself to use this opportunity to seriously do some writing. I would join a local writers group...but I don't speak the language yet!

Hopefully I will get some of that community here.

Best,
~hexseraph
Old 10-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
aadams73
A Work in Progress

aadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome, Hexseraph! We've got a great group of people here and there's plenty to read and do. Just jump on in
aadams73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
TeddyG
The Other Shoe Will Fall!

TeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for President
Welcome and enjoy!
& Win $50 Amazon GC In The Great Cake Recipe Contest

TeddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
alleycat
I love to do down to the sea . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi hex,

Welcome to AW.

ac

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Cath
Rawr
AW Moderator

Cath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

"Many and various, strange and multitudinous are the friends that befriend me in this world, yet I never found one false or that did not surpass me in some virtue."
Wilfred Owen in a letter home.
Cath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
oarsman
Salt water is the cure

oarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Hexseraph!

Glad you found your way here! I wrote some awful poetry in high school. I couldn't even get it published in the school's annual literature journal (and I happened to be one of it's editors). They(I) did publish one of my short stories, though.

Welcome to your new writer's group!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
Freckles
Oooh, the Rainbow Connection

Freckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputation
Welcome, Hex!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #8
MidnightMuse
Midnight Reading

MidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW, hexseraph
Old 10-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Hi there Hexseraph, and welcome! Whereabouts in Belgium are you? I live in Dendermonde (province of East Flanders).

Nickie
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
ChaosTitan
Around
AW Moderator

ChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Cooler!!!

"Holy f*ck!" --Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks, on CHANGELING.

The public doesn't trust them. The government wants to control them. Being a superhero has never been this hard, especially for Tempest.--Coming April 22, 2013 from Pocket Star.
ChaosTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:32 AM   #11
L M Ashton
crazy spec fic writer

L M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputation
Welcome, Hexseraph!

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Walking the World | Chilli & Chocolate
L M Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:35 AM   #12
Carrie in PA
Back on Track

Carrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome!!!!
Carrie in PA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #13
c2ckim
practical experience, FTW

c2ckim is on a distinguished road
welcome to the cooler This is a great place to find whatever you need and the people here are great!
Meghan's Legacy- Sept.1, 2009; Shadow Chaser- Jan 2010- Witness- Feb 1, 2010 ;Legacy of Murder- April 2010; Secrets and Lies, July 2010; The Prophet out in Oct- Bucks County Publishing; The Unknown Son- Rogue Phoenix Press- out in Oct.
Avalon Books- No One To Hear You Scream coming out Dec 2010
Web page: www.kjdahlen.com
c2ckim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #14
writerterri
It's a dorky day!

writerterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW! Hope to see you around.

Terri

Check out my etsy shop!
Awesome new stuff just posted! TerriberriOriginals.etsy.com

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, the easy stuff should be all up hill. TL Wies

The tallest mountain you will ever climb is getting over yourself.

writerterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:18 AM   #15
san_remo_ave
Back at it

san_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Hi Hexseraph!

Welcome to AW! The best part about joining the onling group is that no matter where you go, there we'll be!

FORTNEY FOLLIES, a Regency romance series from Harlequin Historical Undone!
san_remo_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #16
jdkiggins
Troubled-Talks with animals.

Location: The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and nowhere to go.
jdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
to the Cooler, hexseraph.

Poise--the art of raising an eyebrow instead of the roof.
jdkiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #17
sthrnwriter
A New Year to Admire

sthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputationsthrnwriter has a golden reputation
Hi and welcome to aw, Hexseraph!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #18
Lady Cat
Cat slave extraordinaire!

Lady Cat is a glorious beacon of lightLady Cat is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Hexseraph and to the Water Cooler!

My Blog: http://randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.ca
Find my books here: http://randomwriterlythoughts.blogsp.../my-books.html
Lady Cat is offline   Reply With Quote