Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #51
Jess Haines
Boldly going nowhere in particular.

Jess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie View Post
The title Snakes on a Plane is my entire motivation for even watching that movie.
Same.

I've always been fond of Manos: The Hands of Fate. Rubber was another oddity. I'm sure I can think of more, but they're not coming to me at the moment.

"It doesn't get much better for pure urban fantasy than Jess Haines." --All Things Urban Fantasy

Forsaken by the Others: Coming July 2, 2013
Jess Haines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #52
Yeasayer
see you on a dark night

Yeasayer has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
B.A.P.S.--A movie which made Halle Berry look bad--before Catwoman practically destroyed her career.
No way! B.A.P.S. is a cult classic.
Yeasayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #53
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The title "Snakes on a Plane" is likely the only reason most people saw that movie...

Btw, I worked with Sebastian Gutierrez(who wrote it), and he's a great guy.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
kenthepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #54
MRevelle83
Complication

MRevelle83 is on a distinguished road
A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell
Tammy and the T-Rex
Death Bed: The Bed That Eats
Attack of the Killer Refrigerator
Monsturd
I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle
Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and find True Happiness?
The Perils of Gwendoline In the Land of the Yik-Yak
Ssssssss
Wheels of Terror
Terrorvision
I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave
The Stuff

I've seen a lot of b-movie crap.

Also, there is one that I won't type here as it is offensive. But, link to IMDb page:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
MRevelle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #55
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeasayer View Post
No way! B.A.P.S. is a cult classic.
YAH! showed her versatility

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm gonna say SPACEBALLS.

I like the movie, but that title just came to mind for the thread. Idk

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Jehhillenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #56
J.S.F.

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehhillenberg View Post
YAH! showed her versatility

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm gonna say SPACEBALLS.

I like the movie, but that title just came to mind for the thread. Idk
---

Boy, you and Yeahsayer are not to believed!

Other tremendously bad movie titles.

Avenging Disco Godfather

Fertilize the Blaspheming Bombshell. Yeah, I can just imagine a kid saying, "Mom, we were just playin' around!"

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians--this would turn ANY kid off Christmas.

Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter--I actually sat through this turkey. Fun trivia fact. One of the actors in this rotten flick--can't remember if it's the muscular dude who becomes the Monster or one of the fighters at the beginning of the flick, had a part in a Star Trek episode, the one where McCoy helps a pregnant woman give birth. (Forgot the title, sorry). He plays one of the fighters who throws a kind of a spinning disc and kills the Klingon at the end.

See, trivia can be fun!
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #57
ArachnePhobia
Eight Legs, All Holding Pens

ArachnePhobia has earned our admirationArachnePhobia has earned our admirationArachnePhobia has earned our admirationArachnePhobia has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRevelle83 View Post
A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell
Tammy and the T-Rex
Death Bed: The Bed That Eats
Attack of the Killer Refrigerator
Monsturd
I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle
Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and find True Happiness?
The Perils of Gwendoline In the Land of the Yik-Yak
Ssssssss
Wheels of Terror
Terrorvision
I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave
The Stuff

I've seen a lot of b-movie crap.

Also, there is one that I won't type here as it is offensive. But, link to IMDb page:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Where's Surf Nazis Must Die?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #58
Jess Haines
Boldly going nowhere in particular.

Jess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for President
Oh, did anyone mention Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter yet? Heh.

"It doesn't get much better for pure urban fantasy than Jess Haines." --All Things Urban Fantasy

Forsaken by the Others: Coming July 2, 2013
Jess Haines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #59
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Orgy of the Dead

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Jehhillenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #60
J.S.F.

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehhillenberg View Post
Orgy of the Dead
---

Another classic.

One of my students told me about D.E.B.S. Not as bad as I thought it would be...not as good, either, but it had some funny moments.

RIP, Michael Clarke Duncan.
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #61
Capeless
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Capeless is on a distinguished road
I really dislike the current Hollywood practice of using common single words as titles:
  • Drive
  • Faster
  • Taken
  • Moon
  • Orphan
  • Paul
  • Salt
  • Nine
  • Buried
  • ATM
  • Priest
  • and so on...