Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #12351
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
Not any more dangers and definitely less common than Javelina -- which are huge pigs and can/do gore people to death.
Yes, but they're real party animals.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #12352
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince524 View Post
Huh? I'm not following you here.

Javalina kill people and their pets here almost annually. Coyotes don't, it's rare that they do anymore than eat someone's cat [and that's usually a GreatHornedOwl, not a Coyote].

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #12353
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

onesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The only killer animal I've got to worry about is my fluffy wee cat. She's all sweet and lovely 99% of the time, except for that 1% where she's entirely composed of teeth and claws. Bless.

Managed to get to Scotland - flight wasn't delayed. So that's a nice thing.

I write music. | I gave in and joined twitter. | And I have a blog too.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #12354
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Huh? I'm not following you here.

Javalina kill people and their pets here almost annually. Coyotes don't, it's rare that they do anymore than eat someone's cat [and that's usually a GreatHornedOwl, not a Coyote].

Just me being a stupid, dumbass. Nothing to see here, just move along.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #12355
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not, not stupid, not dumbass -- I just didn't get it [which is quite common, ask the Comedy Cabaret]

Goodreads

Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #12356
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Where is that thread? Haggis has told me I need to stop by there.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #12357
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

I sent you a PM - it's quicker

Goodreads

Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #12358
Myrealana
I aim to misbehave

Myrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputation
I love Wednesdays that feel like Tuesdays.

"When it comes down to it it’s always, always you and the white page. At the end of the day if the page is blank, it’s won.
Don’t let the page win."
Alasdair Stewart
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #12359
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

onesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's Wednesday?

I write music. | I gave in and joined twitter. | And I have a blog too.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #12360
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince524 View Post
Mmmmm, pig roast.

Haven't been to one of those in far too long.

*drools*

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #12361
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I just didn't get it [which is quite common, ask the Comedy Cabaret]
Can I keep this for future use?

Please?

FleasTwits
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #12362
Neurotic
Militant apathist

Neurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You're asking permission?

Rhinovirus: The leading cause of rhinos.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #12363
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Looks like you already did, Bos. Just don't lose it now.

Heard you got some of the white stuff recently. Saw a picture of 79 where 79 wasn't even visible for all the white stuff. Glad it was you and not me, though. The 7 degree weather last night is enough here. And the furnace died at work for most of the night last night. It didn't quite get to the point where the cooler was the warmest place in the store, but we were starting to wonder. Had to do most of the outside work in shifts, it was so bad. And the hose on the kerosene pump froze stiff, so all the poor people who needed kerosene for their heaters were SOL. It was quite a night.

Adventures in Workland, coming soon to an ebook seller near you, if this keeps up.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #12364
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

80 degrees here for about a week. Had to break out my summer clothes.

Goodreads

Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #12365
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I hate you.

My PEKINGESE has to wear a coat to pee.

I just hate you.

It'll last as long as it takes to potty the dogs, y'know.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #12366
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleyanLee View Post
Looks like you already did, Bos. Just don't lose it now.

Heard you got some of the white stuff recently. Saw a picture of 79 where 79 wasn't even visible for all the white stuff.
That would have been Monday, when I wasn't out.

And yesterday, when I was.

And today, when I shouldn't have been.

But it has stopped now. Not even all that much accumulation where I am, though in town they got 16" on Monday alone.

FleasTwits
Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #12367
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
You're asking permission?
After the fact.

As always.

FleasTwits
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #12368
Neurotic
Militant apathist

Neurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
After the fact.

As always.

Pfeh. You don't even ask for -after-the-fact permission when hoarding the ill-advised things, I say. There's some sort of -ism involved here, I'm sure of it. Maybe even a -phobia or two.

Rhinovirus: The leading cause of rhinos.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #12369
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleyanLee View Post
I hate you.

My PEKINGESE has to wear a coat to pee.

I just hate you.

It'll last as long as it takes to potty the dogs, y'know.
Well don't hate me yet, I'm concerned how hot summer is going to be with warm temps like this in the winter. The way it's going it'll be in the 90s by March and 100 days over 100 degrees again for the summer - Blah

Goodreads

Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #12370
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
PD, I will gladly switch places with you. I loves me some 100 degree temps! I would live on the sun if I could.

It's so cold here right now, my eyeballs hurt.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #12371
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixKiddo View Post
PD, I will gladly switch places with you. I loves me some 100 degree temps! I would live on the sun if I could.

It's so cold here right now, my eyeballs hurt.
Aww-- well we have a cold front coming in next week. Back down to 50 as a daytime high. I am enjoying the heat while it lasts!

Goodreads

Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #12372
slcboston
word-slinger

Morning Reppers.

Snow has finally stopped.

More or less.

FleasTwits
Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #12373
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

It's freezing here, Drove daughter 1 to school for midterms. Daughter 2 is done for midterms.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #12374
Myrealana
I aim to misbehave

Myrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputationMyrealana has a double-platinum reputation
See, this is one of the reasons I've always liked Colorado. We get snow and cold, but it doesn't last long. The week after Christmas, it was in the teens, but for the last week, it's been in the 60s every day.

Plus, I don't have to deal with 120 degrees in July.

"When it comes down to it it’s always, always you and the white page. At the end of the day if the page is blank, it’s won.
Don’t let the page win."
Alasdair Stewart
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #12375
slcboston
word-slinger

I *like* the snow and cold.

I'm not complaining.

FleasTwits
Closed Thread