Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Blogging and Social Networking
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #5651
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I blogged about Blue Monday, and I have pretty pictures.

http://www.cranehanabooks.com/blog/?p=584
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #5652
Amanda R.
She who must be obeyed

Amanda R. is well-respected
I just couldn't accept that offer. Am I crazy?

"Literature is the most noble of professions. In fact, it is about the only one fit for man." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Read about my adventures in China.
Amanda R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #5653
Bloo
Roofied by Rylan

Bloo has a spectacular auraBloo has a spectacular aura
I did an Author Interview re: an upcoming Blog Tour

Based On The...-Black Box Theatre Publishing

Allie In Wonderland and The Absolutely True Story of Tom Sawyer as Told by Becky Thatcher-Heartland Play Publishers

Blogging AT
Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #5654
sennydreadful
X-Box Fancier

sennydreadful is on a distinguished road
Mainly of interest to gamers, I suppose: the first post in a series about re-playing my favourite video game trilogy, Mass Effect.

http://sennydreadful.com/mass-effect...me-calibration

sennydreadful.com

Represented by Juliet Mushens of the Agency Group
sennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #5655
ap123
Twitching

ap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Musings, mornings, and alone time.

Try it, you might like it. Blogging life in the big city with Mrs Fringe.
ap123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #5656
MichaelP
Keep on keepin' on...

MichaelP is on a distinguished road
First post in my "What is Horror?" series: "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
MichaelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #5657
williemeikle
The force is strong in this one.

williemeikle is a candidate for sainthoodwilliemeikle is a candidate for sainthoodwilliemeikle is a candidate for sainthoodwilliemeikle is a candidate for sainthoodwilliemeikle is a candidate for sainthoodwilliemeikle is a candidate for sainthoodwilliemeikle is a candidate for sainthoodwilliemeikle is a candidate for sainthood
Details of three forthcoming anthology appearances... in one of which I get to share page space with the likes of Neil Gaiman, Jim Butcher and Charlaine Harris.

http://www.williammeikle.com/latest.html

williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #5658
Smiley0501
Lurker, now activated. :-)

Smiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for President
I wrote about fan fiction today and how it has helped me. and No not for money
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #5659
PortableHal
Not-so-new

PortableHal has a spectacular aura
Ready for a bogus cancer cure?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #5660
Amanda R.
She who must be obeyed

Amanda R. is well-respected
How does one live "authentically?"

"Literature is the most noble of professions. In fact, it is about the only one fit for man." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Read about my adventures in China.
Amanda R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #5661
profen4
Monkeys are evil

profen4 has earned our admirationprofen4 has earned our admirationprofen4 has earned our admirationprofen4 has earned our admiration
Marshmallows and Red Bull, microwaves, internet trolls and why hearing aids =/= disability! All that in just a couple well ranted paragraphs HERE
quan lot nam dep do ngu cao cap do dung cho me vay lien cong so quan ao ban buon cho thue trang phuc

Last edited by profen4; 05-14-2013 at 05:59 PM.
profen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #5662
JeanneTGC
I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
WPR Dominatrix

JeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CONTEST: Tidy My Office,Week 2 - http://ginikoch.blogspot.com/2013/01...ien-tango.html

Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
Coming May 5, 2015, Alien Separation -- Preorder NOW!

--Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!

JeanneTGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #5663
slhuang
Shrimpy Jiujitsu Warrior

slhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslhuang is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Support Aaron's Law

Quote:
You know those license agreements you always click the “I agree” box next to on every piece of software ever? Right now if you accidentally break one of those, it’s a felony. The proposed law would decriminalize such violations; instead those agreements would be treated as contracts, with any disagreements handled in civil court (as they should be).
(There's a link to where you can register support for the new law with one click.)

Half Life is out now!!!! YAYYY!!

Website *
Blog * Twitter * Mailing list
slhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #5664
Sunflowerrei
practical experience, FTW

Sunflowerrei is a shiny, shiny jewelSunflowerrei is a shiny, shiny jewel
A post about a setting I'm looking into for my book--and maybe a place I'd like to use as my warm weather mental escape now that the cold has set in here in New York: Barbados.

Novella, from the dregs of The Keegans of Banner's Edge

The Keegans of Banner's Edge WIP: Historical fiction. 1799 Barbados, 1800-1801 Britain.
96,000 words. Trunked.

Blog: The Sunflower's Scribbles

Twitter

Facebook
Sunflowerrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #5665
ap123
Twitching

ap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Winter in the city.

Try it, you might like it. Blogging life in the big city with Mrs Fringe.
ap123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #5666
sbclark
figuring it all out

sbclark is on a distinguished road
January Update - a general update on how the writing is going and some thoughts on all that, plus a pic of my little personal assistant that can't be missed.

Website/Blog Twitter
sbclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #5667
egoodlett

egoodlett is a glorious beacon of lightegoodlett is a glorious beacon of lightegoodlett is a glorious beacon of light
2013 Resolutions (yep, they're a bit late, shush!)

On Sub: Stray, YA Sci-Fi
WIP: The Quiet Ones, YA Thriller
egoodlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #5668
MichaelP
Keep on keepin' on...

MichaelP is on a distinguished road
Blogged on the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest.
MichaelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #5669
writingismypassion
~Charity~

writingismypassion is on a distinguished road
Sharing the musical inspiration for my current wip SHARDS OF GLASS.

THIS IS LIFE (My Blog)
Sharing God's Truth (A Devotional Blog)

And I Tweet.
writingismypassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #5670
Haupe
Mad Thread Killa

Haupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Victim of My Own Social Media Sting

"When writing a novel, that's pretty much entirely what life turns into: House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day." ~Neil Gaiman

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he's a little bit of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties." ~Ze Frank
Haupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #5671
wonderactivist

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
I posted on the randomness in writing: "Twist and Shout"
http://luciesmoker.wordpress.com/201...ist-and-shout/
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #5672
BBBurke
Along for the ride

BBBurke is a shiny, shiny jewelBBBurke is a shiny, shiny jewel
I've started a series on what (I think) makes for a good story. The second post, on character arc, is up today:

http://awritersprogression.blogspot....acter-arc.html

My blog:
BBBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #5673
SRHowen
Erotica is not a four letter word!

SRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputation
I'm doing a giveaway today at It's Raining Books, stop by for a chance to win and read the interview I did.
SRHowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #5674
carlstevenswriter
A would-be bard in the digital age

carlstevenswriter is on a distinguished road
Four Lines A Day

http://carlstevenswriter.com/blog.html

THE CANTERBURY TALES IN NEVERLAND

THE TIME TRAVELER'S FOOL

THE CHARGING BULL OF TERRY COUNTY

THEY CALL ME MERLIN SHERLOCK

amazon.com
carlstevenswriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #5675
JeanneTGC
I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
WPR Dominatrix

JeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A Slice of Yap: http://ginikoch.blogspot.com/

Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
Coming May 5, 2015, Alien Separation -- Preorder NOW!

--Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!

JeanneTGC is offline   Reply With Quote