Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #126
Briony-zisaya
Punctuation and I don't get along

Briony-zisaya has a spectacular auraBriony-zisaya has a spectacular aura
Ok, no new word count progress on current book (until I finish here then I WILL WRITE!) but I've done 2 (or 3) blog posts and a TON of research.

Ok, off I go. Please refrain from sending flaming cats and dogs in my direction while I'm writing
The Dark Hand: just sitting there
Why say it in 10 words when I can say it in 50? Oh, wait...
"That's a nice way to put it. Almost makes me forget I've been running from a monster hell bent on my destruction for over a hundred years."
Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #127
theelfchild
Thinking up something clever

theelfchild is a glorious beacon of lighttheelfchild is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briony-zisaya View Post
Ok, off I go. Please refrain from sending flaming cats and dogs in my direction while I'm writing
Well, there goes my evening plans...
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #128
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Ok, no new word count progress on current book (until I finish here then I WILL WRITE!) but I've done 2 (or 3) blog posts and a TON of research.

2 blog posts

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 01-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #129
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just want to remind everyone you can include the word count for blog posts in your total. Blog posts are writing too.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #130
theelfchild

theelfchild is a glorious beacon of lighttheelfchild is a glorious beacon of light
I actually completely forgot that I did a blog post last week... XP
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #131
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelfchild View Post
I actually completely forgot that I did a blog post last week... XP
Blog post

Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #132
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Time For This Week's Awards For Awesomeness

Nanner-LilliCray

Word Count-Yeshanu 5,796

Words Edited-theelfchild 16,528

Blog Posts-bettielee 3

Chapeau of Shame-Briony-zisaya

Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #133
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

to the original WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC

Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #134
theelfchild

Happy Birthday JeanneTGC!!

22114 words edited!
And 1 blog post, 679 words.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #135
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelfchild View Post
Happy Birthday JeanneTGC!!

22114 words edited!
And 1 blog post, 679 words.

Nanner Time

679 words

22,114 words edited

1 blog post

Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #136
Saoirse
practical experience, FTW

Saoirse is a glorious beacon of lightSaoirse is a glorious beacon of light
Dang it. Wasn't quick enough to snag the nanner. Better luck next week, I guess.

5,451 words written, broke 110k.

WIP
Grave Touched - science fantasy, rewriting
Awaken Me - erotica and shifters, writing now (but shh, don't tell Grave Touched!)

In Flames - flash anthology, available now! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/349458
Fey Touched, a science fantasy, now available from http://www.turtleduckpress.com
Old 01-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #137
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Blog post 838 words.

Taxes prep is sucking up my time.

On Amazon.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #138
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
Dang it. Wasn't quick enough to snag the nanner. Better luck next week, I guess.

5,451 words written, broke 110k.
5,451 words

You have to get up pretty early around here to snag the nanner.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #139
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorySleuth View Post
Blog post 838 words.

Taxes prep is sucking up my time.
838 words

1 blog post

Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #140
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This week was a slog. Here's hoping my efforts are less painful next week.

Words: 5441

blog posts: 5

Poems written 6 - I know it's silly to mention poems written. But I'm doing a challenge to write a poem every day for 2013, and it is a word exercise, so it does feel like it's something that is furthering my writing, so I will go ahead and mention it.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #141
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Edit rewrite = 4,700 words

Words written (articles) = 1,940

tri
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #142
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
This week was a slog. Here's hoping my efforts are less painful next week.

Words: 5441

blog posts: 5

Poems written 6 - I know it's silly to mention poems written. But I'm doing a challenge to write a poem every day for 2013, and it is a word exercise, so it does feel like it's something that is furthering my writing, so I will go ahead and mention it.

words 5441

blog posts 5

poems 6

Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #143
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
Edit rewrite = 4,700 words

Words written (articles) = 1,940

tri
words 1,940

words edited 4,700

Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #144
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Call me the 'Sweetie of Deletie'.

I need a new name for the first book of what used to be 'Source's Code', so maybe I'll call it 'Once Upon a Time in the Mustard Jar' until something else pops into my mind.

I wrote 640 words in this new thing that Brian inspired. I don't know if it will turn out to be a novel or just nothing. The biggest thing is that it is fiction but not a press release.

Oh...and the new lappie is all high tech with Windows 8 and it is really better for surfing than writing and accounting so I'm going to learn to love the desktop, and Brian is going to learn Photoshop.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #145
Yeshanu
Elf Queen

Yeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
A poem every day for a year? Ack! Definitely worth reporting. Maybe in February I'll take up the challenge and try a poem every... week! For just the month of February, mind you.

As for me, not so great a week:

Tuesday: Optometrist appointment, no words
Wednesday: Dentist appointment, no words
Thursday: Allergist appointment, drive Ally to Oakville, about 6 pages hand written
Friday: Appointment with Registered Nurse Practitioner, no words written
Sunday: Stayed home from church and did all the housework and stuff I didn't do during the week, about 650 words written

This week: Working at the church three days, and hopefully getting more written than last week.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #146
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
words 5441

blog posts 5

poems 6
I haz a fairies! Thanks my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshanu View Post
A poem every day for a year? Ack! Definitely worth reporting. Maybe in February I'll take up the challenge and try a poem every... week! For just the month of February, mind you.

As for me, not so great a week:

Tuesday: Optometrist appointment, no words
Wednesday: Dentist appointment, no words
Thursday: Allergist appointment, drive Ally to Oakville, about 6 pages hand written
Friday: Appointment with Registered Nurse Practitioner, no words written
Sunday: Stayed home from church and did all the housework and stuff I didn't do during the week, about 650 words written

This week: Working at the church three days, and hopefully getting more written than last week.
Yep. A poem every day. I missed a couple days. But I'm trying hard to treat it like something I do for myself. It's not like I have to impress anyone, it's just words and rhythm, and most of it is stream of consciousness.

Good luck with getting more time to write - I think it's great you fought to get what you got.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #147
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
Call me the 'Sweetie of Deletie'.

I need a new name for the first book of what used to be 'Source's Code', so maybe I'll call it 'Once Upon a Time in the Mustard Jar' until something else pops into my mind.

I wrote 640 words in this new thing that Brian inspired. I don't know if it will turn out to be a novel or just nothing. The biggest thing is that it is fiction but not a press release.

Oh...and the new lappie is all high tech with Windows 8 and it is really better for surfing than writing and accounting so I'm going to learn to love the desktop, and Brian is going to learn Photoshop.

640 words

Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #148
Briony-zisaya
Punctuation and I don't get along

Briony-zisaya has a spectacular auraBriony-zisaya has a spectacular aura
Finally got a replacement for lappy so back to writing as often as I'd like without cramping my poor hand!
The Dark Hand: just sitting there
Why say it in 10 words when I can say it in 50? Oh, wait...
"That's a nice way to put it. Almost makes me forget I've been running from a monster hell bent on my destruction for over a hundred years."
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #149
regdog
Kreon Sideswipe
AW Moderator

Quote:
Finally got a replacement for lappy so back to writing as often as I'd like without cramping my poor hand!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #150
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Between an article for our historian's quarterly Historical Wyoming and a blog post 3,110 words

I came in third place in the AW Poetry Resurrection Contest for my poem Plum Rum (poems & winners here password citrus) plus got the special mention for originality and application of form.

Downloaded Sigil & Calibre and learned how to convert files to kindle etc including pictures (which I needed but was worried about coming out right.) Now I can do the mobi dance!

Nannerize me!
It's Friday already.

On Amazon.

Last edited by HistorySleuth; 02-01-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread