Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #8701
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cemeteries of London by Coldplay.

I actually miss this album. Other Coldplay albums are meh, but this was great.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #8702
Vortex Theory
figuring it all out

Vortex Theory is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens Starburst View Post
It's also one of the few instrumental pieces I can't 'sing' along to in a 'dumdeedumdum' fashion. It would be criminal to ruin such beauty.
I've got a coworker who does that constantly, and just happens to know every note of every song that's ever been played on the radio. He thinks nobody can hear him because of all the machinery running in the background, but we can. There's frequently an exchange of pained glances and muted chuckles whenever he doo-dee-doos something particularly epic.

Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (Celldweller Remix)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #8703
BenPanced
Tonight on Mythbusters

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bring Me Edelweiss by Edelweiss
Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #8704
WillSauger

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pulsation (with Geskia!) by cokiyu

Beautiful, as always.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #8705
strawberryblondie
not quite dying

strawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to behold
"Comfortably Numb" - Pink Floyd
strawberryblondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #8706
Vortex Theory
figuring it all out

Vortex Theory is on a distinguished road
Pendulum - The Tempest

Because it's raining for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I really like these guys
Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #8707
Ellaroni
Out on the fjord

Ellaroni is well-respected
Hoppípolla by Sigur Rós.

Current project:
FB - YA LGBT contemporary - 80K - revising
P - YA multiple POV - 60K - revising

Published:
SUPERMASSIVE - LGBT YA contemporary (Harmony Ink Press, July 2014)
Get it at Amazon* Barnes and Noble* Dreamspinner Press
Ellaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #8708
Trevor Z
Learning About New Fish

Trevor Z is on a distinguished road
The Smoke by Amorphis because I just picked up their live dvd and it makes me all relaxed and happy.
Trevor Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #8709
BenPanced
Tonight on Mythbusters

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
John Wayne Is Big Leggy by Haysi Fantayzee

And this is how we rolled in the 80's.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #8710
Max Vaehling
practical experience, FTW

Max Vaehling has a spectacular aura
This kinda fits right after that Haysi Fantayzee tune:

Insane, Insane Again by the J. Geils Band
Max Vaehling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #8711
WillSauger

The Moderately Talented Yet Not So Attractive Middle Aged Man by Mark Kozelek and Sun Kil Moon

Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #8712
Reziac
Resident Alien

Reziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
God Module - "Victims Among Friends"
Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #8713
Kitty27
So Goth That I Was Born Black
AW Moderator

Kitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Centipede By Rebbie Jackson

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Novel,Coming 2014.
Vampire Writer 4 life and don't GAF.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
RC Wilcox,RIP

Kitty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #8714
strawberryblondie
not quite dying

strawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to behold
"The Passenger" - Iggy Pop
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #8715
WillSauger

The Lake Departed by O'Death

Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #8716
Kittens Starburst
practical experience, FTW

Kittens Starburst is on a distinguished road
Getting inspired for the day ahead with The Dirt & the Roots by Meursault.
Kittens Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #8717
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
A very familiar tune, but there is a mix I'm more familiar with that sounds like it came out 1991-1993. It's not the Tourist Mix or the Mad-ID remix. Hm, will have to through digging. All I know is that the refrain is used much more as opposed to the rapping.
Xelebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #8718
williemeikle
The force is strong in this one.

williemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputation
Page and Plant Unledded - Nobody's Fault But Mine
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #8719
WillSauger

I'm Losing my Edge by LCD Soundsystem.

One of the best songs in the last 10 years, let alone one of the best bands in the past 20 years. Typically, when I listen to this song, I feel the same way. But not today, I'm actually getting shit done. Odd.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #8720
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
Radiohead- Go Slowly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GkPkwkgSE
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #8721
WillSauger

Ascension by Tycho.

Still one of my favorite artists to edit to.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #8722
strawberryblondie
not quite dying

20th Century Boy - T. Rex
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #8723
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOkigFvxLrk

The lyrics and arrangement are truly sublime.
. . .you can’t run away with nothing and that’s what I got, no money ‘cause Mom don’t let me work for Mr. Concessi and nowhere to go and anyway, if I did run away I bet that cop could find me easy. All he had to do was hang up a flyer at the precinct. No, he’d put one of them APB things out on me: Be on the lookout for a stupid kid with no money and no brains.
/my blog/
kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #8724
WillSauger

Vaka by Sigur Ros off of the Heim EP.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #8725
WillSauger

Been a while...

The Dead Flag Blues (Intro) by GY!BE