Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #1201
dfwtinman
Benefactor Member

dfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Scorched earth
blisters my feet
keeps me from laying down
as shimmering heat waves look like
water

Marcel Proust
dfwtinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #1202
dfwtinman
Benefactor Member

dfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Note to Corney Gault: I picked up where you left off, but I note that your entry did not start with the last line of the preceding entry as the game requires. I'm just saying...

Marcel Proust
dfwtinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #1203
Cornelius Gault
New writer since 07/2012.

Cornelius Gault is well-respected
I thought I did it correctly, but I don't know what happened.
#1: Murder-Mystery Elements (142K words) from 01/2013-PRESENT (on-going)
#2. Detective 12 Parallel Novel (48K words) from 02/2013-PRESENT (rebooting).
#3: The Gault Legacy (10K words) (shelved).
#4: Story Elements (31K words) (shelved).

--- as of 01/16/2014 ---
Cornelius Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #1204
B.D. Eyeslie
practical experience, FTW

B.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolness
You take the last line from the cinquain before yours and use it as your starting point. For example: the next one should begin with the word "Water."
B.D. Eyeslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #1205
kdnxdr
One of the most important people in the world

kdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
water,
the Gift of Life,
where do you hide, outside?
are you not my very fabric,
my world?

Here is our new website for culinary classes and tours:

http://www.rolandparny.com

Blog: Food For Thought http://www.rolandparny.com/food-for-thought.html
kdnxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #1206
CDSinex
Imagine something clever here.

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My world
is frozen now—
so little is stirring.
Even song birds wait, in silence,
for spring.

Last edited by CDSinex; 01-23-2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: added commas in L3
CDSinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #1207
kdnxdr
One of the most important people in the world

kdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
for Spring,
dirt will be dug
catalogs will open,
preparations for nature's show;
start now!

Here is our new website for culinary classes and tours:

http://www.rolandparny.com

Blog: Food For Thought http://www.rolandparny.com/food-for-thought.html
kdnxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #1208
onestepp

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
Start now
bleed, draw, write, run
hastiliy, speedily
lightning outdone thunder's wings
started
onestepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #1209
B.D. Eyeslie

B.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolness
started
quickly finished
paradoxically
start to bleed from the outside—in
strange case

Last edited by B.D. Eyeslie; 01-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #1210
CDSinex

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Strange case—
this yard sale find,
passed over by many.
A small dark box, unadorned, made
of teak.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #1211
B.D. Eyeslie

Of teak
the boat was made.
In waves the vessel sank.
By the beach, my body buried
in sand.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #1212
onestepp

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
In sand
waves, runs, jumps, plays
soft powdery whiteness
bedazzles in the bright sun's rays
sea shells
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #1213
CDSinex

Sea shells
sit on the beach,
untouched except by rain.
Waiting for summer when children
return.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #1214
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Return
all you've taken,
everything of value,
even my heart. Especially,
I think.
“What’s no fair?”
“I don’t want no stupid kid in this house.”
I remember she looks at me kind of like she’s sad and happy at the same time. She goes, “Besides you, you mean?”
I don’t say nothing to that one.
My little blog: /excerpt-from-cherry/

Last edited by kkbe; 02-09-2013 at 03:45 AM. Reason: why not? :-)
kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #1215
onestepp

I think
hop, skip, jump, think
slowly, surely, sweetly
undivided attention turned
do think
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #1216
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Do think.
Time for action
will come soon enough, love.
Ramifications ignored are
Folly.
“What’s no fair?”
“I don’t want no stupid kid in this house.”
I remember she looks at me kind of like she’s sad and happy at the same time. She goes, “Besides you, you mean?”
I don’t say nothing to that one.
My little blog: /excerpt-from-cherry/
kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #1217
onestepp

Folly
absurd antics
preposterous, silly
followed foolishness, craziness
nonsense
Old 03-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #1218
CDSinex

Nonsense!
A late spring snow
dusting newly green grass
like dandelions gone to seed—
surreal.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #1219
onestepp

Surreal
observe, express
illusion, fantasy
subconsciously writing story
sequence
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #1220
CDSinex

Sequence
of the seasons.
Knowing spring will soon come,
I scan dirty snow for the first
crocus.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #1221
B.D. Eyeslie

Crocus,
today's first thought,
plows through drifts of slumber.
She calls it crocus, and she is
the snow.

Last edited by B.D. Eyeslie; 03-18-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #1222
onestepp

the snow
cold, chilled, freezing
fluffy, pearly, frosty
mounds pounded into round person
snowman
Old 04-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #1223
CDSinex

Snowman,
disembodied,
does your soul summer on
some glacier scanning valleys for
fresh snow?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #1224
onestepp

Fresh snow?
white puffy flakes
swirling twirling
crystalline facets overflowed
flowers
Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #1225
B.D. Eyeslie

Flowers:
bright, colorful,
pretty as a picture,
swaying, dipping, undulating
thorny.

Yuck!