Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Freelance Writing
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
Coco82
practical experience, FTW

Coco82 is on a distinguished road
Writing in specific topics

I have an education in political science and int'l relations/military studies and am wondering is there any markets or magazines that would be good for that? Normally a person would move to where the work is but I have medical issues and can't move. I enjoy writing and have had it complimented by both teachers in grad school and local campaigns I've worked on so I do have some references. I just would like to find a way to use my skills while I maybe work on a nonfiction book or whatnot.

A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
Coco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
Debbie V
Mentoring Myself and Others

Debbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolness
Any newsmagazine that accepts work might be a good option. There are also magazines that cater to a military audience or enthusiasts. Google them. I'd bet you could Google int'l relations plus magazine too. Carus publishing has mags for kids and teens on these topics. So does Scholastic, including one in conjunction with the NY Times. Good luck.
Debbie V is offline   Reply With Quote