Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #9776
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
DETROIT TIGERS
Xelebes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #9777
woozy
I'm the nude girl; not the creature

woozy has a spectacular aurawoozy has a spectacular aura
... and he scores! Detroit Tigers it is!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #9778
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry for the delay.

TOBENY PRIZE

1. Three Great Fires, one indirectly so.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #9779
woozy

BREEZY PINTO
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #9780
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Nice commentary, but you are only very close.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #9781
woozy

BRONZE PIETY?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #9782
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Suddenly went cold. You're first guess had the first word right.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #9783
woozy

BREEZY POINT?? If so, I don't understand it.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #9784
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince524 View Post
1. 9/11 - 57 of the residents of Breezy Point died then.
2. Queens Plane Crash landed right in the community a month or two after 9/11.
3. Hurricane Sandy.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #9785
woozy

GO HIDE A PIKNIKTABLE / MOLLEC RRR
Old 11-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #9786
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD / HARPER LEE
Old 11-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #9787
woozy

Well, that was fast.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #9788
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

YARN BY CLEAN MUGGLE / DAMN GOOF OENEMUSTER

Clue: Yours was American Canon, time for Canadian Canon.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #9789
woozy

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES / LUCY MAUD MONTGOMERY

as long as we're doing Canada

TEAPOTS-OVER / DTESTOSMT BRINES
Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #9790
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Literary, Musical, Geography, Political, Current Event?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #9791
woozy

1) Canadian Canon
2) Novel / Author
Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #9792
woozy

1) Canadian Canon
2) Novel / Author
3) Brush up on your Shakespeare
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #9793
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

TEMPEST-TOST / ROBERTSON DAVIES
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #9794
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

I INK WEST

Clue: the scrambled word is not spaced so.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #9795
poetinahat
Bumpkin
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
TWINKIES

See how careful review of others' works can give you insight into your own!

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #9796
poetinahat
Bumpkin
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
HORNIN' IN TRT TRIO / ZIPGUN CATTLE / VIBE

- song / writer-composer / singer
- song and singer both incorporate words with food-name connotations
- this song has been recorded many times, and the singer mentioned here - pretty much a one-hit wonder - released it over sixty years after the original

Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #9797
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ / IRVING BERLIN / TACO

One of Izzy's best!

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett
Nymtoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #9798
poetinahat
Bumpkin
SuperModerator

Yes! Nymtoc shows his class yet again!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #9799
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CHA MILCH REB / EVEN NORM /AMA JINNA

1. Song / Composer-lyricist / Cover artist(s)
2. It's another song about something edible.
3. The composer-lyricist recorded it in 1953, but that cut was not released until 1969.
4. The song has been covered more than once. The cover in the scramble is from the '80s.
5. Even if you like the cover--as indeed you might--nothing comes close to the original, IMHO.

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett
Nymtoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #9800
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

BIN CHACH JAM / EVEN NORM / ARE MILNA