Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #15876
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Also, I thank you all for the congrats. I shall take them along with me to bed, where they can warm me.

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: revising

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 06-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #15877
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
Now if only we had a good graphic for Mad Hillz Disease.

*looks to Cobra and Bos*
Lemme dig into my Big Bag of Creativity and see what I can find...

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Undead Chaos

Website, Chirps, Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 06-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #15878
Raventongue
little orphan anarchist

Raventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Holy frig, really? I missed the annual Brain Splatter Expo? No faiiiiiir.

NaNo & Camp NaNo username: Cobalt Cyborg.....

Old 06-14-2012, 03:37 AM   #15879
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post

This is the only possible answer to that question.

Coming August 19th: Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #15880
AceTachyon
Odd person

AceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Late to the party but congrats to 10. Tonight I will eat cake in your honor.

But first, I'll make sure it's free of Hillz's cranial bits. Cuz it's in the fridge at the moment...

Old 06-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #15881
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
We may need to take inventory of the Cantina fridge. Who knows what else is in there, aside from cranial bits?

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #15882
Raventongue
little orphan anarchist

Raventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*rummages around in cantina fridge* Er... I think I found where all the socks go when they vanish from the dryer.

NaNo & Camp NaNo username: Cobalt Cyborg.....

Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #15883
Midian
My sarcasm got the better of me.

Midian has a spectacular auraMidian has a spectacular aura
Ended up having a bit of a crazy day. After posting that it was the last day of school, I had to go there and do all the parties and whatnot. Aaaaaaaand then go to Urgent Care.

Sheesh, I can't seem to win.

Don't be concerned, I'm fine. I did think I was going to lose my shoulder at one point but it turns out I probably just have a bad case of tendonitis or a pinched nerve. X-ray showed nothing that could cause severe stabbing pain so I get 3 weeks of physical therapy and anti-inflammatories.

Woo hoo! Yay me!

Congrats, 10!

Cranial bits might be tasty. Socks, not so much.
I used to have a thing here that said the progress of my current WIPs. I removed them when the progress hadn't changed in two years.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #15884
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Now I can't open your utube links. What is this conspiracy?!?
Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 06-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #15885
zanzjan
get up and dance or die
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midian View Post
I probably just have a bad case of tendonitis or a pinched nerve. X-ray showed nothing that could cause severe stabbing pain so I get 3 weeks of physical therapy and anti-inflammatories.
Ouch! I hope it gets better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raventongue View Post
*rummages around in cantina fridge* Er... I think I found where all the socks go when they vanish from the dryer.
Naw, that's just the Dong Garden Inclement Weather Kit.

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #15886
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
Wouldn't we want to store those in the warming oven, rather than the refrigerator? Shrinkage.... just sayin'.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/30/14: F*ck the Bechdel Test!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #15887
zanzjan
get up and dance or die
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
Wouldn't we want to store those in the warming oven, rather than the refrigerator? Shrinkage.... just sayin'.
Bonsai?

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 06-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #15888
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
...the crisper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midian View Post
Ended up having a bit of a crazy day. After posting that it was the last day of school, I had to go there and do all the parties and whatnot. Aaaaaaaand then go to Urgent Care.
Aww. Can you at least get some R&R now that school's out?

Quote:
I. Can't. Stop. Crying.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #15889
Midian
My sarcasm got the better of me.

Midian has a spectacular auraMidian has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Ouch! I hope it gets better soon.
Thank you! Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Aww. Can you at least get some R&R now that school's out?
YESSSSSS! (can you tell how happy it makes me? )
I used to have a thing here that said the progress of my current WIPs. I removed them when the progress hadn't changed in two years.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #15890
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Theres a nekkid book at the top of AW. *sniggers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
No dice. And when I paste it in my broser I see it opens a channel rather than the regular video plus suggestions on the side. Maybe iphones hate channels? It says video unavailable. Same if I click another channel embedded video...

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #15891
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Theres a nekkid book at the top of AW. *sniggers*
Also sniggers

Morning cantinas

Have we finished clearing up the brains yet? *Looks around carefully before sitting down, slides to floor after mistaking pile of ooze for cushion*

So I got an early birthday prezzie. My relatives gave me cash and I converted it into a second hand, less than half price Bookeen ebook reader - I got the Opus version.

So I have been busy sticking books on it and twiddling around with the indexing for the past two days. If I actually had all of the books in paper versions I suspect I wouldn't be able to move around my house. On the up side at least I wouldn't need to decorate.

So now I am reading science fiction via science fiction. It's so cool, especially when you don't have to squint at six point font anymore because you can increase the font size.

All I need now is Junely's recommended reading blog for underdog literature and I'm set. I might just have to go and download a copy of interzone or something as well.

ION, the bathroom sink arrives tomorrow afternoon.

Breakfast calls.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #15892
Kricket
Still believes she's a writer

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post

I. Am. Dead. Too. Much. Laughter. Baby Kricket is looking at me funny.

Anyway good morning friends!

Parents are still in town but I think I'm about done with them. I generally love hanging out with them, but I'm not enjoying the disruption to mine and the boys day to day life. Little Kricket get sooo hyper and uncontrollable. I forget how some what calm things are here most days.

Well time to write until Baby falls back to sleep.
Flash: "I See Spot" Resting
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 6,000/50,000 words

Blog
Movie Review: Maleficent

Old 06-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #15893
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ali, have fun with the reader.

I was just looking over my half.com wishlist but I'm going to wait for cheaper prices. I've been gathering non-fiction horse books like crazy. Mostly on the dynamics of riding. I will be moving back to DE at some point and there will be boxes of books. Heavy, packed boxes.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 06-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #15894
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Timber bit me this morning after a scolding and now I don't know what to do.

I had basically made my peace with having to say goodbye in a few months. I don't want to lose him yet. But if he attacks Anyanka like this, I will lose both. But he's very contrite and submissive to me right now. I really don't know what to do, and I can't stop crying.

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: revising

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 06-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #15895
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
We may need to take inventory of the Cantina fridge. Who knows what else is in there, aside from cranial bits?
Don't disturb my science project from 8th grade. It's still growing.

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #15896
Fenika

Aw, 10s, I'm sorry. Later today, not now, you need to decide (or start to decide) at what point the worry and the risk are not worth it for the whole family's quality of life. It is an odd situation that we can elect euthanasia for our pets, but sometimes it really is better.

When I had to put my budgie down I spent Thanksgiving hanging out with her and giving her extra treats and play time. She got really tired, so I knew she was suffering too much, though she could have gone another month or two, she could have also faded fast and died suddenly. I took her to the vets the day after Thanksgiving and was there with her. She got a little stressed but then it was over and she slept and passed away. I miss her because she was so cute. She'd say 'What?' to me when I leaned my face to her cage.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #15897
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Now if only we had a good graphic for Mad Hillz Disease.

*looks to Cobra and Bos*
Moi?

I am so not graphically inclined.

At all.

Not since that infamous "crayon incident." Of which we do not speak. Ever.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 06-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #15898
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
Isn't that 'joke' 'beneath' 'you'?

Too. Many. Jokes. Am above them. Halp.
Below, above.... make up your mind.

*waits for the "both" response*

FleasTwits
Old 06-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #15899
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
I converted it into a second hand, less than half price Bookeen ebook reader - I got the Opus version.
I'm so disappointed that's got nothing to do with a bow-tied penguin with an overly-large beak.

FleasTwits
Old 06-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #15900
AceTachyon
Odd person

AceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
I'm so disappointed that's got nothing to do with a bow-tied penguin with an overly-large beak.

Well, sir, you'll feel lots better if you remind us once again of the sordid details of the crayon incident.

Closed Thread