Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #19326
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My bonnie lies over the ocean
She rubs on grape jam as a lotion
She's delightfully sweet
Except for her feet

The end of the world is at hand
I'll go lie on the beach and the sand
If it's all going to end
Let's go have fun, my friend,

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.” ~ Terry Pratchett
Old 06-08-2012, 04:06 AM   #19327
Pthom
practical experience, FTW

Pthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My bonnie lies over the ocean
She rubs on grape jam as a lotion
She's delightfully sweet
Except for her feet
Which sure need a magical potion.

The end of the world is at hand
I'll go lie on the beach and the sand
If it's all going to end
Let's go have fun, my friend,
So dance to apocalypse band!

When faced with an obvious two-fer
Old 06-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #19328
Zeddo
Talk to the hat

Zeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolness
You must leap back and forth like a hoofer
Old 06-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #19329
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A skip and a hop

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.” ~ Terry Pratchett
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #19330
StephanieFox
Maybull the Bulldog

StephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthood
A skip and a hop
Like the Comet Hale-Bop

Two months ago I couldn't even spell freelance writer
and now I are one.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #19331
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

A skip and a hop
Like the Comet Hale-Bop
You'll excel, not be known as a goofer.

When Lola was still in her prime

Old 06-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #19332
Sir_Nigel
aka Dylan di Vilde

Sir_Nigel is a splendid one to beholdSir_Nigel is a splendid one to beholdSir_Nigel is a splendid one to behold
It was said she’d take two at a time
Old 06-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #19333
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
But now that she's older

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Kylabelle: Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Old 06-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #19334
StephanieFox
Maybull the Bulldog

StephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthoodStephanieFox is a candidate for sainthood
But now that she's older
(Claims the hospital's folder)

and now I are one.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #19335
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

But now that she's older
(Claims the hospital's folder)
She lives on Bacardi with lime.

Sue uses seductive cologne

Old 06-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #19336
Sir_Nigel
aka Dylan di Vilde

Sir_Nigel is a splendid one to beholdSir_Nigel is a splendid one to beholdSir_Nigel is a splendid one to behold
So men and flies leave her alone
Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #19337
onestepp

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
so men and flies leave her alone
Cause it smells so bad
Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #19338
iLion
Why do I say these things?

iLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsiLion is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cause it smells so bad
Only dogs all seem glad

Old 06-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #19339
Zeddo
Talk to the hat

Zeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolness
Cause it smells so bad
Only dogs all seem glad
She smells like a long-buried bone

I used to drink rum with molasses
Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #19340
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Then someone said, "That's for badasses."

Old 06-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #19341
StephanieFox
Maybull the Bulldog

I told them, 'That's fine!"

and now I are one.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #19342
Lavern08

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I told them, 'That's fine!"
"Cause you haven't seen mine."

Quote:

Kylabelle: Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Old 06-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #19343
StephanieFox
Maybull the Bulldog

I told them, 'That's fine!
Cause you haven't seen mine.
But you would if you'd just wear your glasses."

Another week has come and gone.

and now I are one.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:24 AM   #19344
Zeddo
Talk to the hat

Another week has come and gone
And I still haven't mowed the lawn
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #19345
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Another week has come and gone
And I still haven't mowed the lawn

In each of the above lines, the beat falls on a weird syllable, thus:

Another week HAS come and gone
And I still haveN'T mowed the lawn

As we all know by now (don't we?) limerick lines are determined not by the number of syllables in a line but by where the beats fall.

So here are the two lines rewritten with proper beats. (You don't like this? Sue me. )

Another week's now come and gone
And I failed to go mow the lawn

Old 06-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #19346
StephanieFox
Maybull the Bulldog

AbsoLUTly.

and now I are one.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #19347
Lavern08

Tee-Hee. Everyone's too scared to try to tackle this now.

But not me - I ain't afraid of Nymmie's wrath:

The neighbors are cryin'

Quote:

Old 06-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #19348
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

The neighbors are cryin'
To hell with their spyin'

Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #19349
Pthom

Pthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The neighbors are cryin'
To hell with their spyin'
I ran out of what? Weed-B-Gone!

If Nymtoc was any more weird
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #19350
Zeddo
Talk to the hat

If Nymtoc was any more weird
There'd be cuckoos at play in his beard

But what if this isn't in anapestic or amphibrachic metre?
Closed Thread