Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #14601
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

If this sounds familiar, let our trained professionals give you the help you need. Just call us at 1-800-Starbucks

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 05-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #14602
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning gang.

Whut up?

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #14603
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Another round of agent queries going out. God, I freaking HATE this part of the process.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #14604
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I may have just been talked into fostering kittens.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #14605
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
At least it's not festering kittens.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #14606
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My assistant just brought me chocolate-covered strawberries that he made himself. This office is MAGIC.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #14607
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning, all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
I might be having some good writing news soon. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me? *makes hopeful face*
*crosses fingers and toes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
*feels self be pulled into another non-posting 'spree'*

*tries to resist*
Noooo!!!! *insert crotch-grabbing pic*

Don't make us lock you in the freezer with Ed and the Winchesters. Wait a second, this is a trick to get you locked in with them, isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
I'm going to jinx my self when I say this but I believe the baby might sleep for me tonight.
*crosses more fingers and toes for you*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
My assistant just brought me chocolate-covered strawberries that he made himself. This office is MAGIC.
That is *very* magical.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #14608
amergina
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I wish I had magic chocolate covered strawberries.... But tomorrow, I'll be getting beer from the local brewery.

And next week, kittens. I'm curious as to how my brother and the cats will react, even though the kittens will not be in the main part of the house.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #14609
slcboston

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
I wish I had magic chocolate covered strawberries.... But tomorrow, I'll be getting beer from the local brewery.
I'd rather have the beer.

But that has to wait 3 1/2 hours.

FleasTwits
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #14610
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
This.

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #14611
slcboston

Quote:
Which kind of magic?

This kind?

FleasTwits
Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #14612
amergina
AW Moderator

Hey, beer, chocolate, and strawberries? Why pick just one?

Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #14613
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
That is *very* magical.
Right? At my last job, someone brought me a jar of homemade kahlua, but I was pretty sure it had botulism in it.

Quote:
Mmmm. Beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
But...it's not an either/or.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
This.

*Please don't poop on my magic yummy times.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #14614
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I don't have any full garden pictures, but my One Dollar roses are blooming. They're roses I got for a dollar at a fundraiser at one of the assisted living places my grandmom was at before she needed more care.

They turned out to be very nice roses! I posted them to Facebook in a public album.

(Also, feel free to friend me on the FB, but say who you are so I know. )
Kewl, except I try to stay off FB.

Quote:
Yay for pretty roses! And I sent you a friend request, but it didn't let me to add text. The fishie avie should be familiar

Score! Another handy use for the Word of the Day! I swear it fills a niche. And yay for you for standing up to this guy, and your boss for backing you!
Cheers.

Quote:
I might be having some good writing news soon. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me? *makes hopeful face*
I can cross other people's fingers for you too. Just let me know how many you need crossed and I'll start collecting them.

Quote:

*tries to resist*

Quote:
I may have just been talked into fostering kittens.
Also requires pics!

Quote:
But it's funnier when you're surrounded by stupid.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #14615
Raventongue
little orphan anarchist

Raventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hey, beer, chocolate, and strawberries? Why pick just one?
I like the way you think.

NaNo & Camp NaNo username: Cobalt Cyborg.....

Old 05-25-2012, 03:20 AM   #14616
Andelana
Secret Stick-Figure Superhero

Andelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
Then there's this guy. No, I could not make this up; truth really is stranger than fiction.
I don't know whether to giggle or be embarrassed that that shop is on a road called the same as my surname... It is kinda funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
Dude is that... It is, isn't it? Noel Edmonds? Whoa, young and long-haired!

Quote:

*tries to resist*
*ties large weather balloons comfortably to 10s to hold her in place* No leaving!

Quote:
Nice! A student whose laptop I fixed the other day brought me some home made onion marmalade. It was SO good! Usually people bring me wine or chocolate. It was nice to get something I actually eat. (I keep trying to like wine and failing and I'm allergic to some, but not all, chocolate... Never figured out which sort, so I avoid most of it.)

Hope everyone's week is better now that Friday is almost here! I'm just listening to my cats trill as they chase some sort of bug. Hopefully it's the little barstid that scared the bejeebus out of me a few minutes ago when it landed on my ear and then flopped down onto my bed. *shudder*
Old 05-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #14617
Shoeless

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
Another round of agent queries going out. God, I freaking HATE this part of the process.
This is probably the worst part of the entire writing experience to me personally. So yeah, I can relate.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #14618
zanzjan
99k and still going
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for all the finger-crossing, everyone. You may desist now, story sold.

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 AM   #14619
amergina
AW Moderator

Quote:
Huzzah!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 AM   #14620
Raventongue
little orphan anarchist

Raventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRaventongue is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Congrats!

NaNo & Camp NaNo username: Cobalt Cyborg.....

Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #14621
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Congratulations!!!

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 05-25-2012, 04:39 AM   #14622
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
*uncrosses fingers with much popping of bones*

Oh that got stiff.

Congratulations!

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 05-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #14623
Shoeless

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Yup, that's braggable. Congratulations.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #14624
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Well done!!! That's wonderful news!

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #14625
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Congrats!

Er, is there a market for dismembered lucky fingers?

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Closed Thread