Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #301
SaraP
Showing my love to others. <3
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #302
JMC2009
Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
AW Moderator

JMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandashell View Post
Bloody hell!
This and

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody> <tr title="Post 7237148" valign="top"><td class="alt1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

<zanzjan> JMC is made of awesome

*preens*

Quote:
AbbielleRose: Everyone, do welcome our new queen,

QUEEN JMC!

SLCBoston: Um, who??

Have you chatted lately? Come join the fun! http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=178738
JMC2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #303
Mr Flibble
They've been very bad, Mr Flibble

Location: We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the mess?
Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll fourthg (?) that bloody hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
Technically (and this is going to sound idiotic, but bear with me), the level of rain doesn't really matter - it is usable water which is the issue, not the water falling in the wrong place. It can rain up a storm, but if it doesn't land in the reservoirs and lakes which are used to supply water to residences and businesses the rain is not helpful to sustaining resources. It's more complicated than that, but it would bore everyone senseless...
The trouble is, that when they built the reservoirs (in Victorian times) they though the North would be more populated because that's where all the industry was...

They were wrong.

Maybe if Scotland devolves, they can make money shipping us water. But for the moment, the hosepipe ban seems to have invoked the rain god in some sort of ironic magic. Flood warnings everywhere (the Environment Agency lists 132 alerts (possibles), plus 32 warnings - that is flooding expected, take action - the South West is looking like it could be particularly bad) and I can't remember what the sun looks like. I'm quite glad I live on a hill...

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #304
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotsRUs View Post
Maybe if Scotland devolves, they can make money shipping us water. But for the moment, the hosepipe ban seems to have invoked the rain god in some sort of ironic magic.
Oh gods, the devolution thing... That actually deserves to be on the "Disaster in my region" thread. I'm sure there is some optimism about it, but the negatives are going to be discovered VERY quickly when people see exactly what it entails. One more reason I want out of here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #305
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just watched the local News.

Only in Britain could we have flood warnings and drought warnings in the same place......

My Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/UmptyOriginals
Goths available now, Geeks and Princesses very soon!
mirandashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #306
Libbie
Worst song played on ugliest guitar

Libbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLibbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have managed to remain unaffected by the riots in downtown Seattle. Hooray!
Libbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #307
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
riots? yikes. the very idea terrifies me. what kind of precautions do you take for riots? be safe.--s6
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #308
mirandashell

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Riots? What about?

My Etsy shop!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #309
benbradley
It's a doggy dog world

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Were these the May Day occupiers? There was supposed to be something May 1st, everyone not go to work or something.
benbradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #310
mirandashell

Ah. So that worked then! LOL!

My Etsy shop!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #311
Billtrumpet25
Gaze upon my shih-tzu powers!

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey all,

We have a brush fire (pretty decent size) 40 miles or so north west of where I live with south eastern winds. We also have a 2nd fire in Tonto National Forest. I hope everyone is doing all right, and I urge those in the area of the fire to (if they have not done so already) get some fire preparedness plans in place.

Stay safe, everyone.

War of the Wizard (Book 1): undergoing editing

The Wizard's Curse (Book 2): 60% complete

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...45&trk=tab_pro

https://twitter.com/BillFitzgibbons
Billtrumpet25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #312
mirandashell

How's things now, Bill?

My Etsy shop!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #313
Billtrumpet25

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
How's things now, Bill?
Both fires have gotten bigger. Thankfully, the fire closest to me is blowing away from civilization, but the winds changed again, so it's anyone's guess as to what will happen next.

Gladiator Fire: 1700 acres and growing
Sunflower Fire: 3000 acres or so with 5-10% containment

Sufficed to say, there are fire departments from NYC out here...I'm not kidding. They say they're trying to pay us back for helping with 9/11.

Thank you for checking in. It might be worth trying to contact some of the other AZ members and see in they're in the path of the fire(s).

CORRECTION: Gladiator fire at 2,000 acres and one mile from homes. Full evacuation of area in place.

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

Last edited by Billtrumpet25; 05-17-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #314
MaryMumsy
the original blond bombshell

MaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We have a fair representation of AZ peeps here, but most seem to be in Phoenix metro or Tucson areas. I think PortableHal is in the White Mountains, GeorgieB says they are in Pine, and I seem to remember a Flagstaff. But I don't think any one is in immediate proximity to the current fires. By next week, who knows. I know we had a tense week last year with the Wallow Fire, wondering about my Dad's summer home.

MM

That is Mae West, not me.
MaryMumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #315
Billtrumpet25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMumsy View Post
We have a fair representation of AZ peeps here, but most seem to be in Phoenix metro or Tucson areas. I think PortableHal is in the White Mountains, GeorgieB says they are in Pine, and I seem to remember a Flagstaff. But I don't think any one is in immediate proximity to the current fires. By next week, who knows. I know we had a tense week last year with the Wallow Fire, wondering about my Dad's summer home.

MM
I do remember the Wallow fire from last year. Very sad. Thank you for the update. The fires have nearly tripled in size in the last few hours, the largest near Payson burning around 12,000+ acres. Glad to hear everyone is safe.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #316
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, goodness. Wishing the best for everyone.
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #317
mirandashell

Bloody hell. They are big fires. Is it mostly uninhabited ground?

My Etsy shop!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #318
Billtrumpet25

Quote:
Bloody hell. They are big fires. Is it mostly uninhabited ground?
Yes, but the Gladiator fire is less than a mile from Crown King. The firefighters are even thinking of retreating if it gets too close.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #319
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Prayers sent for the safety of anyone in the path of the fires!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 06-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #320
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Praying for everyone evacuated from Colorado Springs, and everyone else in the wake of the fires in the Rocky Mountain states.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #321
Beachgirl
Misbehaving and stuff

Beachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolnessBeachgirl leaves trails of profuse coolness
Checking in from flooded Northeast Florida. Tropical Storm Debby (Or "Downpour Debby", as we've named her here) has exited our coastline almost right over my house. This is being called a 100-year flood event. Sinkholes, roads completely gone, homes flooded, snakes everywhere, alligators in the streets, and floating mats of fire ants.

We've already used up the D name and it's not even July yet. It's gonna be a long hurricane season.

BookStrand Amazon Blog Twitter AW Library

WIPs by Scarlet Day:
Shifter Sanctuary 2: Reclaimed

WIPs by as-yet-to-be-determined name(s):
Flip Flops Optional (Contemporary Romantic Comedy)
Saltwater Insanity (Satirical Crime Fiction)
Beachgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #322
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
my sister went through a flood in texas. she has horror stories about the floating balls of fire ants but alligators on the loose? holy crap! --s6
Old 06-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #323
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Praying for flood victims too!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 07-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #324
Puma
Retired and loving it!

Puma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ohio Storm - 6/29/2012

We had a very violent thunderstorm go through central Ohio last night with straight line winds clocked at over 80 mph. The rain when it came blew by in sheets. Before the storm even arrived, the power went out. We've just been restored after almost exactly 24 hours but there are others who are going to be out for days. And we've been experiencing a heat wave with temps into the mid 90's for the last several days. It's kind of rough in quite a few places in the midwest. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Puma
Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #325
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

I have grandkids and a great grand daughter in Columbus. They are getting a new roof on their apartment building. --s6