Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Outwitting Writer's Block
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #26
sunandshadow
Impractical Fantasy Animal

sunandshadow should run for Presidentsunandshadow should run for Presidentsunandshadow should run for Presidentsunandshadow should run for Presidentsunandshadow should run for Presidentsunandshadow should run for President
I'm not sure writer's block has a cure, but I think being a regular participant at this forum has helped me stress less about it.
sunandshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
Maxie16
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Maxie16 is on a distinguished road
I won't say it's helped with writer's block, and I suppose it has caused some distraction, but I like above all the sense that I don't feel so alone. Friends ask me about my writing, and I appreciate their support and interest, but I sound like I'm whining if I complain that agents are slow to get back to me or that, despite mostly liking what I have, I know I have to rewrite two chapters. Forum people have those same hassles, and it's a big help to be reminded of that every time I log in.
Maxie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #28
REMLIG
practical experience, FTW

REMLIG is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

This forum has helped me a lot. It keeps me focused and when I need help with some direction I can post a tread or find an answer reading posts.
REMLIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #29
Sunflowerrei

Sunflowerrei has a spectacular auraSunflowerrei has a spectacular aura
I don't remember the last time I had a true problem with writer's block. It was more like lack of motivation and laziness. I've done NaNoWriMo twice and the forums are amazing and they sort of die down when it's not November. It's a community. I think writing can be isolating and we all need a community. It's why I joined, anyway.

Percolating Idea: Gilded Age. Victoria expects to marry her cousin Conrad, except he marries an American heiress.

Blog: The Sunflower's Scribbles

Twitter

Goodreads
Sunflowerrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #30
cmtruesd

cmtruesd is on a distinguished road
This forum has helped because I see tons of other writers who are having the same problems as me. So, when writers block hits I am able to say to myself "Okay, this doesn't mean I'm a horrible writer and am not meant to write another word for the rest of my life, it's normal." Then I'm able to get over myself and keep going

Current WIP: YA fantasy-- 25,100 out of 95,000 words completed (first draft)

The Armorium Key: YA fantasy 96k-- Taking a breather

You can never get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." -- C.S. Lewis
cmtruesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #31
CRogers

I joined today for this very reason - not block so much as daily-life exhaustion that makes it difficult to be motivated. Hopefully, it'll help.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #32
Sirion

Sirion is a splendid one to beholdSirion is a splendid one to beholdSirion is a splendid one to behold
Browsing AW does tend to cure my writer's block.

On the other hand, the hundreds of hours I've spent on these forums over the years has probably cost me more writing time than writer's block ever has.

Oh well.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #33
Shaded
figuring it all out

Shaded is on a distinguished road
I actually feel the same. It's great to talk about writing, and hearing other peoples ideas makes me relate to my own and can definitely help. I've been getting a ton of inspiration here, it's great.
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
Shaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #34
amblack
Stop, drop, and revolt!

amblack is on a distinguished road
It has offered me writing variety and insight. It also keeps me focused on being a business, a brand, and a career path instead of just a hobby. There is absolutely nothing wrong with writing being a hobby, but my own personal goal is for it to be a career.
amblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
rwm4768

rwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputation
I think it has helped. Seeing what other people are writing has given me a lot of ideas. The more ideas I know, the more I can mix and match them to come up with something new.

WIP:
Empire of Chains (Epic Fantasy): 158K Revising
Lightweaver (Epic Fantasy): 105K Revising
rwm4768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #36
CatharsisChild
Banned

CatharsisChild is well-respected
I feel that when I chat with another writer, I actually have a voice. I feel that like an astronaut greeting an extraterrestrial.
CatharsisChild is offline   Reply With Quote