Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #6201
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<3
Old 05-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #6202
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Hegel View Post
<3
Where is that? And has it been digitally cleaned up, or is the area really that cool? *sigh* I want a road trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #6203
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Looks like Arizona. You'd like Arizona, Gary. It has a very strange beauty to it with all the cacti and rocks.

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #6204
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
G'morning all

Hey has anyone noticed how sentimental we are?

Only ask cause, dang!
We gots 'a lots 'o stickies!

Like a phobia or summin, we don't let go easy.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #6205
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
DEBBIE! I missed you last night.

*tackle hugs Debbie*

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #6206
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Arizona sounds awesome.

And no, we don't let go easy. I would hesitate to use the word sentimental - which is more pining for what is gone. No AWer is ever truly gone. Traces linger for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #6207
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You didn't miss, I's ri'here.

Hey, gotta take my spawn to school.

I'll Be Right Back...Muahahahaa!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #6208
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
Arizona sounds awesome.

And no, we don't let go easy. I would hesitate to use the word sentimental - which is more pining for what is gone. No AWer is ever truly gone. Traces linger for a long time.

You're right, Big.

(gonna erase that soon, might want to put that in your pocket now.)

Last edited by Debbie; 05-01-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: wth? in your now??? damn gremlins
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #6209
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The picture didn't say, but that looks like Arizona to me, too. And yes the Arizona desert is beautiful.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #6210
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning Hounds

I am locked in a desperate battle of wills with the papers I need to grade....

And losing.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #6211
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
You're right, Big.

(gonna erase that soon, might want to put that in your now.)
There, quoted it for him.

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #6212
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
Arizona sounds awesome.

Very true, Big.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #6213
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

Evil Sheep.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #6214
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Quote:

You just have to stick your wool into everything dontchoo.

DL
Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #6215
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've survived contact with the outside world.

Granted, I did have to take one of those horribly expensive migraine stoppers for the second day in a row, but I survived.

Boy Skwirrel has been started on a path to better allergy/asthma control. Moving would also solve the problem but I don't see that happening right now.

Girl Skwirrel has been signed up for the gifted program for next year - with a point score nearly twice the minimum for acceptance. The counselor assures me Ms. Girl will consistently be challenged enough to actually do the work in this program.

I suppose I should stop by the progress thread. I mean, I'd be able to put off this urology op report staring me in the face if I do.

My brain feels like pureed squash.

Ugh.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #6216
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Evil Sheep.
Darn skippy.

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #6217
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
I suppose I should stop by the progress thread. I mean, I'd be able to put off this urology op report staring me in the face if I do.
Sounds like a plan to me

*eyes on-line assignments in need of grading*

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #6218
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll trade you.

Fairly simple, right? If it can be read and it's interesting, it's an A. If I can read it, but it's boring it's a B. Barely legible and intelligible = C. Barely legible and headdesk worthy, D. Illegible/unintelligible = F. Yeah?

You can type about ureters and things being where they have no business being.

If you're lucky, the doc will start talking to the person behind him and instead of hearing about anatomy and stuff, you can listen to him order lunch.

Come on, a deal like this doesn't come your way often.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #6219
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Fairly simple, right? If it can be read and it's interesting, it's an A. If I can read it, but it's boring it's a B. Barely legible and intelligible = C. Barely legible and headdesk worthy, D. Illegible/unintelligible = F. Yeah?
Well, mostly, yes, since these are the end of term papers and I am not doing LBL stuff to hand back to them. But there's a lot of them, including ten term papers of 4000 words each.

Quote:
Come on, a deal like this doesn't come your way often.
It's tempting, actually, but I don't think you know what you're getting into.

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #6220
Debbie
conducting hijinks

As much as i'd like to sit here and procrastinate w/all you awesome possum Hounds...I cannot

must

resist

*back later when Netflix movie The Reeds arrive.

bye bye
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #6221
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:
It's tempting, actually, but I don't think you know what you're getting into.

Oh I know you have no idea what you're getting into. Consider it a favor then. You know a pay-it-forward thing. Or if you want, I can add you to my critter list when Spirit is ready and we'll call it a deal.

*Blinks innocently*
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #6222
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Laurie feel better.

Congrats! The bright girl squirrel sounds like she needs a challenge and way to keep her out of squirrel mischief! The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
You just have to stick your wool into everything dontchoo.

DL
Deb.

Quote:
Darn skippy.

I try to warn everyone, but they never believe me.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #6223
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Thanks Tiger Lady.

Skwirrel girl is one sharp nut. Her mother looks like a spoon by comparison.

Which is a good thing.

Less likely to cut myself with a spoon.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #6224
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Or if you want, I can add you to my critter list when Spirit is ready and we'll call it a deal.

*Blinks innocently*
Well, I could use the extra income.... but this would be reward in an of itself.

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #6225
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
I try to warn everyone, but they never believe me.
Too much smiling sweetly.

FleasTwits
Closed Thread