Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #251
WordCount
You don't have coffee? Go away.

WordCount is a shiny, shiny jewelWordCount is a shiny, shiny jewel
Oh, there's more to come, Wonder. After watching Scre4m, I have even more inspiration and even more muse.

I'm setting today's goal at 5,000. A little high (I've never achieved that much before), but I think I can make it.

I'll report back later with my findings.
WordCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #252
knightrunnermat
practical experience, FTW

knightrunnermat is well-respected
1,407 for yesterday. Pretty pleased with this considering I didn't have a lot of time to write for myself. It's moving weekend, so I was packing and transporting things to our new house.

http://matthewgyoung.wordpress.com/
knightrunnermat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #253
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Shara is a glorious beacon of lightShara is a glorious beacon of light
Yesterday I managed 1,090 words. Better than I was expecting.

MY BOOKS:

Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #254
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Way to go WordCount!

Managed 475 words fleshing out another 3 scenes. Guess I really should get to writing the buggers, huh?
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #255
DocBrown
Hopes to one day write for food.

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
Wow! And I've been feeling good of late for my word count. Most of you are blowing me away!

Good for all of you!
In an impactful way
While knowing they impact nothing!

My Obligatory Blog: http://trickbrown.com
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #256
WordCount

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

I've hit 600 today, but I'm afraid that's all I can muster. I'll be away from the homestead tonight, and won't be able to get much more.

Sad, too.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #257
Logan!

Logan! is on a distinguished road
1,200 today. Some of it's good, some of it's okay. But they're all words on the page, so they're all fine by me.
Logan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #258
WordCount

700 words for today. :/ Was hoping for more.

About 60-words are about to come under massive scrutiny. I really don't like the idea of a 60-word sentence.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #259
Marya
In search of distractions

Marya is a shiny, shiny jewelMarya is a shiny, shiny jewel
Word Count, you inspire me.

Hiccup in writing schedule because this is a long holiday weekend here and I am perfecting Yotam Ottoleghi's Middle Eastern tabbouli and a baked endives with lemon sauce dish, roasted carrot and fennel salad etc, great distraction from writing, but sat down at the kitchen table and rewrote the end of the last chapter and then some dialogue, 1 250 words in all.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #260
Logan!

Logan! is on a distinguished road
2,600 today, although about 1,000 words came from a monologue I carried over from my outline. Still, pretty solid numbers. And my ending is finally coming together.
Logan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #261
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You lot are amazing! If it was up to you, there'd be no trees left...

I'm moving up to 2 x 2hr writing blocks per day today, to see if I can kick this one along a little. It's all building up quite nicely in my head and I'm getting that excitement thing again.

I was so sad to hear of Wendy's death. Best hopes for peace to her family - she gave wonderful cyberhugs.
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #262
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Got about 100 words on the 2nd WIP yesterday.
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #263
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
I feel guilty and so am gonna come clean. I did zilch in France. Took my notes, mini laptop, everything, and still did nothing. Because I was dressed like a cartoon character and having far too much silly fun. So not even a decent excuse!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #264
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
I feel guilty and so am gonna come clean. I did zilch in France. Took my notes, mini laptop, everything, and still did nothing. Because I was dressed like a cartoon character and having far too much silly fun. So not even a decent excuse!
France is its own excuse, Zelenka
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #265
wonderactivist

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
I haven't France to blame, but only logged
A mere four hundred words on this, the last
Iambic day of tribute to the Bard.

(Whew! I learned, but it was getting tedious. Now I look forward to my state writers' conference on Thursday!)

Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #266
Namatu
Lost in mental space.

Namatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have no words. They've apparently gone on vacation. I hope it's somewhere nice. With palm trees.

Namatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #267
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They're with mine, on the beach, lounging. Probably drinking drinks with little umbrellas in them.

::not jealous AT ALL::
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #268
Namatu
Lost in mental space.

Namatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Let's go get them. I've got my sword. You grab the guns. These words are going to start behaving - or at least taking us with them on vacation.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #269
DocBrown
Hopes to one day write for food.

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
Hit 1106 for the last day in April.

Ended with an adequate month at 13,354 words, but I know I can do better.

On to May...
In an impactful way
While knowing they impact nothing!

My Obligatory Blog: http://trickbrown.com
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #270
Marya

The first of May here, autumnal Sanhain not frothy spring May, 650 words written in a frenzy of morning writing.

Very taken still with Word Count's phrase 'massive scrutiny' and hoping to amass enough to scrutinise by the end of the week. It is all very 'first drafty' and as if written by a gobsmacked teenager who can't get rid of the gerund.

Off to the frenchified Cape village of Franschhoek (settled by French Huguenots) which has brilliant Mediterranean restaurants, so I shall be eating bouillabaisse or poached salmon under oak trees surrounded by vineyards, the perfect excuse for not writing. When in doubt, do as the French do
Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #271
Namatu
Lost in mental space.

Ended April with a page of paragraphs. Ha! I tracked them down on their little vacation and I made them come back.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #272
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

I hope you gave mine a good talking-to if you saw them. Maybe they're packing up and headed home now...
Old 05-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #273
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
Pictures. Pictures!

After a day or so of no words, I managed 1208 last night.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #274
Marya

Yesterday I did 1 700 words, getting over an obstacle I had foreseen, gaping plot hole, that kind of thing.

Another 900 words so far today and hopefully I will get another 500 or so words done before I start making a slow-roast pork belly with steamed baby fennel for tonight's supper. Tangible rewards for increased word count.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #275
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

MARYA!!!.... come to the Dark Side. Um, I mean, May! Come to May...

(good word counts, too!)