Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #7426
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
watched the first half of extended version of Two Towers last night. *sighs a happy dreamy sigh*

wish I could have watched it all in one shot, but I had to wake up too early this morning to get my kids ready for school and then do some writing, so I had to make a very VERY hard sacrifice to stop watching after the first CD Good thing I've already seen the movie a bajillion times

WIP: YA Psychological Thriller--ForNever--Being queried! Please pass the vomit bucket.

Find me on Twitter!: melksan
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #7427
David Poellot
practical experience, FTW

David Poellot is well-respected
Went to see The Raven tonight. In my personal opinion, they wrote this story very well. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. You have to put up with some gore, so if you have a weak stomach, you may have to avoid, but I felt it was done very well.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #7428
KRHolbrook
is not a My Little Pony

KRHolbrook is on a distinguished road
Watched Eurotrip.
KRHolbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #7429
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Magnificent Seven.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #7430
Flowerfairy
Lady Entropia

Flowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthood
Hunger Games.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #7431
mellymel

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRHolbrook View Post
Watched Eurotrip.
!!!!!!!!!!

love this movie. so. much.

WIP: YA Psychological Thriller--ForNever--Being queried! Please pass the vomit bucket.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #7432
mellymel

Watched the second half of Two Towers. I am a happy girl this morning

Old 04-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #7433
KRHolbrook
is not a My Little Pony

KRHolbrook is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymel View Post
!!!!!!!!!!

love this movie. so. much.
Still have the song "Scotty doesn't know" in my head, haha. Most awesome song ever. As well as his robot moves.

Check out my Facebook page.
KRHolbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #7434
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Chalet Girl

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
AbielleRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #7435
Richard Alan Phipps
figuring it all out

Richard Alan Phipps is on a distinguished road
Big Lebowski

"Over the line!"
Richard Alan Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #7436
NewKidOldKid
diplomat

NewKidOldKid has a spectacular aura
The Avengers, which is already out in movie theaters in Asia (I'm in Thailand). Fun, fun, fun.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #7437
Flowerfairy
Lady Entropia

Flowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthoodFlowerfairy is a candidate for sainthood
The Avengers for me has a cliche storyline. Very cliche. The idea of bringing super heroes to do what? Save the world? That's too boring for me.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #7438
NewKidOldKid
diplomat

NewKidOldKid has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerfairy View Post
The Avengers for me has a cliche storyline. Very cliche. The idea of bringing super heroes to do what? Save the world? That's too boring for me.
All the superhero movies are cliche. Every single one of them. They're not supposed to be smart movies with a clever twist. They're supposed to be action-packed and fun. That's it.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #7439
mellymel

Unstoppable. Really enjoyed it. Very entertaining. (okay, okay, I'll admit it. I could watch Chris Pine and Denzel Washington doing dishes for 2 hours and I'd be entertained ).

Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #7440
mellymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRHolbrook View Post
Still have the song "Scotty doesn't know" in my head, haha. Most awesome song ever. As well as his robot moves.
Err...*might have the song Scotty Doesn't Know dowloaded on my MP3 player* *is not embarrassed* *will proudly blast it with the windows down*

How awesome was Matt Damon in that cameo? SO. AWESOME.

ETA: bwahahaha...the robot scene was HILARIOUS. And the train scene. And the "twin" scene, and the red light district scene and the, "We're the Manchester United fan club...from Ohio." scene. OMG, the whole movie is one ginormous crack up.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #7441
Flowerfairy
Lady Entropia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKidOldKid View Post
All the superhero movies are cliche. Every single one of them. They're not supposed to be smart movies with a clever twist. They're supposed to be action-packed and fun. That's it.
What do you have to say to a movie like X-men, for instance? Is it all about the action? I really don't think so. It has a clever twist to it, nice story line.

IMO, Avenger was just a continuation of Thor, poorly disguised.

Last edited by Flowerfairy; 04-29-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Flowerfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #7442
Once!
Still confused by shoelaces

Once! has earned our admirationOnce! has earned our admirationOnce! has earned our admirationOnce! has earned our admiration
Witness. Harrison Ford has never looked so tough and sensitive at the same time. And what scripting! Very lean and spare, with almost no dialogue that doesn't have to be there. Leaves the viewer to fill in the unexplained gaps.
Once! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #7443
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies.

The MST3K version. Sooooo bad! So funny!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #7444
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Midnight in Paris, which was not the typical Woody Allen movie I expected. I recommend it.

Maryn, who almost never goes to the theater any more
Old 04-30-2012, 03:03 AM   #7445
MVK
figuring it all out

MVK is on a distinguished road
Megamind. Which was really much more entertaining than I'd expected.

Next one will probably be Avengers, I've been hearing great things about it.

Currently reading: Magic and Showmanship by Henning Nelms
Books Read Recently: Agatha H. and the Airship City by Phil and Kaja Foglio
The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling
MVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #7446
fredXgeorge
I heart sexy elves and wizards.

fredXgeorge is a shiny, shiny jewelfredXgeorge is a shiny, shiny jewel
Anonymous.

'Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.'
- J.K. Rowling
fredXgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #7447
Todd Young
practical experience, FTW

Todd Young is well-respected
I watched a French movie yesterday called "The Class" which was very unusual, really quite good, in a French way.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #7448
DavidBrett
Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas

DavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admiration
Hard Boiled - Still my favourite action movie of all time.

Authors warn me writing children's books is a lot of work - signings, school events, literary festivals, a blog, etc. I always reply "I WANT THAT!"

I don't claim to be a professional (yet). I just try and help others when and where I can.

Follow me @symplesymon
DavidBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #7449
me-a-monsteR
Bites upon request

me-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Lion king. *sniggers* On video cassette, yeah! Yesterday, hell yeah! *shimmies for a while, then skulks off embarrassed*
Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #7450
bearilou
DenturePunk writer

bearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Chicago. My mother discovered I had a netflix account and has been taking advantage of it to watch all the movies she's not seen when they came out in the theater.

Not much of a hardship for me. And last night was Chicago which is a favorite of mine.
The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
1) Write like your face is on fire.
I tweet. Not often, maybe not interestingly, but I tweet.
My sort-of-not-really blog.

AW's Erotic Underground Anthology is here!
bearilou is offline   Reply With Quote