Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Games
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Telltale Games

I'm only five minutes into their The Walking Dead game and thinking it's what Mass Effect 3 needed. Nice dialogue, and the gameplay and story are actively influenced by your choices.

So much can be done with simple graphics and a nice story.
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

fov is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you're liking it! I used to work at Telltale and some good friends of mine worked on that game.

Just curious, have you played any of their other stuff? (And if so, how do you think Walking Dead compares?)
fov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just the demo of Back to the Future and now I want the full game of Walking Dead. The first episode was enough to make me care for the characters, something very few other stories manage to do.
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
J.W. Alden
Fire and Blood

J.W. Alden is a glorious beacon of lightJ.W. Alden is a glorious beacon of light
Telltale is one of my absolute favorite devs/publishers. I love them for keeping adventure games alive and kicking.

I haven't played the Walking Dead yet, because I want to read the comic and watch the show first, but I'll definitely get around to it. I usually wait until their seasons are complete before playing so I can play them all at once without waiting for the next one.

I actually still haven't gotten around to Back to the Future yet, though I have it installed and ready to go.

Read me:

"Möbius" in Nature
"The Unworthy" in Fantasy Scroll Magazine
"Child Soldier" in Daily Science Fiction
"Item Not As Described" in Unidentified Funny Objects 2
J.W. Alden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
AnnikaHTDC
figuring it all out

AnnikaHTDC is on a distinguished road
I haven't played The Walking Dead yet, but I love Telltale for bringing Monkey Island back. I really hope they do another season of it.

How To Disappear Completely - available from Amazon

Blog

Twitter

Facebook
AnnikaHTDC is offline   Reply With Quote