Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #8176
Blarg
Banned

Blarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputation
Keep perspective loose --
in the foreground are monsters
of inattention
Blarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #8177
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Of inattention
I have many good stories.
I teach teenage kids.

Last edited by Debio; 04-16-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: oops, left off a word
Debio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #8178
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I teach teenage kids
With garden hose, spray nozzle,
Respect for my lawn.

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
zanzjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #8179
Blarg
Banned

Blarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputation
Respect for my lawn
is non-negotiable, kids --
shotgun with rock salt!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #8180
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Shotguns with rock salt,
the best way to spend the day
watching young ones flee
Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #8181
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Watching young ones flee,
I pick out all the grannies
And bite off their heads.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #8182
Debio
Joining the insect army.

"And bite off their heads,"
the Elder God said to me.
I can't disobey.

Last edited by Debio; 04-21-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #8183
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

I can't disobey
the mandate of the old oaks:
acorn, leaf, bright knife.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #8184
B.D. Eyeslie
practical experience, FTW

B.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolness
Acorn, leaf, bright knife—
survival of the fittest
quickly forgotten.

Last edited by B.D. Eyeslie; 04-23-2012 at 08:03 PM.
B.D. Eyeslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #8185
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

Quickly forgotten,
empty melodies of youth;
bitter notes sustain.

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 04-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #8186
Blarg
Banned

Bitter notes sustain
melody's rise to sweetness
and keep its tone fresh.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #8187
Poppy
Me, myself and I don't know

Poppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"...and keep its tone fresh"
said the pen to the poet
writing new poems.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #8188
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

Writing new poems
to a deadline, while at work,
makes for poor choices.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #8189
onestepp

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
Makes for poor choices
computers, cell phones, TV's
googlized nation
onestepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #8190
ErstwhileA
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

ErstwhileA is on a distinguished road
Googlized nation:
goggle-eyed rancor rookies
hashing up old news.
ErstwhileA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #8191
Poppy

Poppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPoppy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hashing up old news?
Then I will do no tweeting
here in my haiku.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #8192
Ralyks
Untold stories inside

Ralyks is a glorious beacon of lightRalyks is a glorious beacon of light
here in my haiku
breath rises for a moment,
stills, and then exhales

https://www.facebook.com/romanceauthor
Ralyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #8193
B.D. Eyeslie

B.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolness
Stills, and then exhales--
a deathbed scene for a king,
a lions last gasp.
B.D. Eyeslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #8194
ErstwhileA
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

ErstwhileA is on a distinguished road
A lion's last gasp.
Cadence-heavy summer sun
drums on cracked, red earth.
ErstwhileA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #8195
Blarg
Banned

Drums on cracked, red earth
executioner's footsteps
each further apart
Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #8196
Poppy

Each further apart,
the only one who will come
between us is time.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #8197
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Laughing girl, listen:
Dewy droplets, one-by-one.
Plink plink, sweet pea.
“The deal is, your friend refuses to cooperate, which means he’s screwing with me or wanted for something or he’s an idiot—no offense, kid.”
I heard Steve say, “Huh?” My own response was equally articulate: “No, no, he’s not . . . look, the kid’s not—”
“What are you trying to tell me, Mr. Brandt?”

Last edited by kkbe; 04-28-2012 at 12:27 AM.
kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #8198
Ganesha
con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist

Ganesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for President
between us is time
around all of us is space
no space to waste time
Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #8199
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

No space to waste time,
no poems to give for free
except to you, friend.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #8200
Blarg
Banned

Except to you, friend,
worlds tumble end over end.
Come give me your hand.