Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Rejection and Dejection
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #2426
Calla Lily
Formerly known as callalily61
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay, Erin!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #2427
Mr Flibble
They've been very bad, Mr Flibble

Location: We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the mess?
Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Book two launched into the wild! Well, okay, to my editor I think my brain may actually have melted. I may take a couple of days off to recharge.

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #2428
Anne Lyle
Fantastic historian

Location: Cambridge, UK. Or 1590s London. Some days it's hard to tell.
Anne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputation
My editor just sent me some draft cover art for The Merchant of Dreams - and it's exactly as I described in my suggestions to him back in January.

I my editor, he spoils me rotten

Anne Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #2429
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can't wait to see it, Anne!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #2430
Anne Lyle
Fantastic historian

Anne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputationAnne Lyle has a double-platinum reputation
It'll probably be a little while yet, sadly - but I'm meeting him tomorrow to talk about edits, and we'll decide on which version to go with (it's another character portrait, and this time there are three different poses to choose from).

Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #2431
Irysangel
She of Many Names

Irysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm jealous! Still waiting to see a cover for one of my October books.

I have a book launching next week under a new pen name (see my user icon). I am waffling between the usual abject terror and honey badger.

www.jessica-sims.com
www.jillmyles.com
http://jessica-clare.com
Irysangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #2432
Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by callalily61 View Post
Can't wait to see it, Anne!

Me too. Will it match up to the first? Hope so. Mal looks cool.

Editor sent me a mail saying she's enjoying book 2. Relief! Now just book 3 to go....am having trouble getting back into super-cynical protag mode. I may have to read some politics or something, just to get my blood pressure up

Quote:
I have a book launching next week under a new pen name (see my user icon).
Got everything crossed for you!

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #2433
Anne Lyle
Fantastic historian

@IrysAngel - good luck with the launch! I'm sure it'll be fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotsRUs View Post
Me too. Will it match up to the first? Hope so. Mal looks cool.
I think it's extremely cool, and definitely holds up well against the first. Can't wait to share it!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #2434
OL
Still a beach bum...

OL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irysangel View Post
I have a book launching next week under a new pen name (see my user icon). I am waffling between the usual abject terror and honey badger.
Hahah! Word.

The UK version of RPT just launched -- today here. I did some videos for the H@rper fiction folks posted here.

And my second book launches in the State on...Tuesday. I'm leaning towards abject terror.

Annnddd...I turned in the draft of Book #3 (already sold) to my agent yesterday. I feel pretty good about that one.

Except now I really have to think of Book #4. I have...not exactly NO clue, but close to it.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #2435
Irysangel
She of Many Names

Irysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIrysangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It will hit you when you least expect it.

www.jessica-sims.com
www.jillmyles.com
http://jessica-clare.com
Irysangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #2436
OL
Still a beach bum...

OL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just need that central caper/mission/issue, and then I think I'm good to go.

I have so much going on right now that I think my brain is melting.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #2437
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

And we have a sighting in the wild!

Specifically, the Mystery Lovers Bookshop in Oakmont, PA.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #2438
Tasmin21
Coming January 21st!

Tasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woohoo OL!
JJD4: 72,030/80,000
Tasmin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #2439
OL
Still a beach bum...

Oooooh, Lily! Thanks for finding and opting that!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #2440
Anne Lyle
Fantastic historian

I just got permission to show off my new cover art!

http://www.annelyle.com/blog/news-ab...inished-cover/

Old 05-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #2441
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Anne, your covers are luscious. Can you send him over to my house, please?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #2442
Tasmin21
Coming January 21st!

Tasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How cool, Anne!
JJD4: 72,030/80,000
Tasmin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #2443
Anne Lyle
Fantastic historian

Quote:
Anne, your covers are luscious. Can you send him over to my house, please?
Him? That's a her - admittedly disguised as a boy

Old 05-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #2444
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Drat.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #2445
Anne Lyle
Fantastic historian

I should have got Larry to Photoshop the model's jawline to make her even more masculine - and put a fake bulge in her codpiece

Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #2446
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Nothing is more disappointing than finding out a bulge is fake.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #2447
Mr Flibble

Quote:
Nothing is more disappointing than finding out a bulge is fake.
Is that the voice of experience?

Nice cover, Anne

Twitter
Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #2448
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Let me tell you about this guy in college...
Old 05-06-2012, 03:37 AM   #2449
Mr Flibble

Quote:
Let me tell you about this guy in college...
Carry on...

And editor(s - I have a UK one and a not UK one) like book two. Phew! Ofc his means I'll be doing copy/proof edits on book one at same time as content edits on book two AND trying to get book 3 written...but hey, challenge is what I live for. Right? RIGHT?

Twitter
Old 05-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #2450
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

*prepares the specialized masseuse for your brain*