Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #2401
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I haven't blogged properly in a while.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #2402
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
I think I'll check that out, Snow...

Last edited by Taylor_Writes; 04-17-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Taylor_Writes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #2403
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
I like to think of myself as matured, like a fine wine. I joined the thread as a teenager. Now I am oooold.
Hah! I was on RM, which is the even OLDER old school. We were cool before Teens Writing for Teens even EXISTED.

*puts on hipster glasses*

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #2404
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowybunny12 View Post
I was wondering- how off topic are threads allowed to go?
The normal threads should stay relatively on topic. But this is not a normal thread so we pretty much talk about everything under the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
I wouldn't derail a thread on a specific topic with pictures of kittens, but these group threads are basically little communities all by themselves. We talk about music and weather and school and whatever.
^^ What she said.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #2405
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Oh, Zoom. I do love you. You brighten my days.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #2406
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The pictures of kittens was just an example. I was trying to be amusing, which I fear is not my strength.
Parametric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #2407
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There are "hangout" threads on many sub-forums. The sci-fi forum, for one thing, has a hangout thread.

In hangout threads, we can do this!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #2408
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Yeah, Zoom's the one for funnies.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #2409
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
There are "hangout" threads on many sub-forums. The sci-fi forum, for one thing, has a hangout thread.

In hangout threads, we can do this!

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #2410
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Oh Canada.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #2411
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hahahaha.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #2412
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tally - DARN!

Ally - Thanks for the cover love!

Snow - Welcome!

LOL Zoom. Love what you posted
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

KarlaErikaCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #2413
Snowybunny12
practical experience, FTW

Snowybunny12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Writes View Post
I think I'll check that out, Snow...

Thanks!
Snowybunny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #2414
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I hate synopses. I hate them with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #2415
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love synopses.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #2416
Horserider
Ever onward

I know you do. I wish I could borrow that enthusiasm for a couple of days.

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 04-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #2417
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Synopsis are fun when you are TALKING to someone. Less fun when writing them.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #2418
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I want to watch Billy Elliot.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #2419
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horserider View Post
I know you do. I wish I could borrow that enthusiasm for a couple of days.
Quick synopsis method: Setup, one sentence. Inciting incident, one sentence. Act one climax, one sentence. Act two climax, one sentence. Black moment, one sentence. Climax, one sentence, Resolution, one sentence. Now rewrite to join up the dots. No problem.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #2420
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I think I need to connect the dots. I'm not sure.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #2421
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horserider View Post
I hate synopses. I hate them with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.
This. So this.

I'm somewhat done with the second draft of my WIP, and I really don't think I improved it at all. I probably made it worse, in fact.

Ah, well.

But Para, erm, how does one like synopses?

ETA: Following Zoom's advice, here's something funny to share.
MysteryRiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #2422
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Now you guys are making me want to write a synop lol

I might just do that!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

KarlaErikaCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #2423
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm going to bed.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #2424
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I was thirteen when I joined, don't worry! I'm almost sixteen, now. A little over a month 'till my birthday. Nice to meet you, Snow!

I write many genres... the only thing all my books have in common is that there is always a bit of murder involved.

*sheepish glance at everyone who's read MAAH* okay, a LOT of murder.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #2425
Snowybunny12
practical experience, FTW

Snowybunny12 is on a distinguished road
From the ages of nine to eleven death was plentiful in my books. I was a twisted child
Snowybunny12 is offline   Reply With Quote