Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #11926
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning, all, and happy last day, Hillz!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelana View Post
OMG. That is the cutest thing ever! I want one, now. Don't worry little critter, I won't let you become extinct!
Right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
Good Morning Friends!
This is cool and I want one. Although, it might eat my dog...
Good luck with the doctor! And well...maybe your dog is tougher than he looks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
*le sigh*

Overly Helpful Co-Worked is wearing the hell out of the carpet by our cubicles. I've counted 10 trips to and fro in the past hour.

Eff dude, go home or get to work. Some of us don't need or want the distraction...
Errr sick? That sounds like no fun at all for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
Good morning, Cantinaroos!!

So, permanent position at company I temp for has come up (in another area). It's a part time type of gig. I was mildly interested in it, but surprisingly both of my parents have said it sounds like it might be a good opportunity for me and would allow me to pursue my writing and other interests.

It felt very odd for some of the things I want to do to be taken seriously. Especially since my dad was all Permanent Job!!! And Benefits!!! before. Of course, he did comment on how much happier I seemed after I knew I was leaving old job.
Oh that's great! Good luck!

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #11927
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon!

Hillz! Soon you will be Freeeeeeeeeeee!

One of the things I really like about the group I'm in at work is that our weekly meetings are called therapy.

Today, we contemplated putting in a wet bar in our office.

Humor: my group has it.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #11928
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Snowballz: Howdy. Welcome to the Cantina.

Hillz: I may have to try the tripwire. Or claymores. Or punji sticks.

'Bugz: Yep, he's still sick. Went to D1isnyPlanet for a week to spread his plague, then came back to ensure he didn't miss infecting someone here.

So, I may or may not have done a little G00gleFu into drag queens. CobraMrsFit doesn't believe it is research for the current WIP.

Also, my Friday gift to you all, courtesy of the Sister Unit. (#13 is me fav)

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #11929
amergina
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Snowball!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #11930
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
Good luck with the doctor! And well...maybe your dog is tougher than he looks?
Doctor was good, making progress and all that. Of course Chibi Kricket seems content to stay right where he is.

And my dog only weighs about 10lbs. Of course that doesn't stop him from picking on the blind pit bull that lives upstairs.

Quote:
Daaawwww! That just made my day. Thanks for sharing!
Flash: "I See Spot" Resting
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 7188 words

On The Blog This Week
Outlining Is My Friend
Old 04-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #11931
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
Good morning, all, and happy last day, Hillz!~
THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
Hillz! Soon you will be Freeeeeeeeeeee!
How soon is now?

Quote:
Why not all three, I say.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #11932
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No sheep?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #11933
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
One of the things I really like about the group I'm in at work is that our weekly meetings are called therapy.

Today, we contemplated putting in a wet bar in our office.
This is the kind of therapy I can happily embrace.

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #11934
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
How soon is now?

Free at last!

too much?

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #11935
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hehehehe, I liked #26 myself, even if I don't buy beer at all.

And huzzes and ahhs for Hillz!

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #11936
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Taste the freedom, Hillz!!

Quote:
Snowballz: Howdy. Welcome to the Cantina.

'Bugz: Yep, he's still sick. Went to D1isnyPlanet for a week to spread his plague, then came back to ensure he didn't miss infecting someone here.

So, I may or may not have done a little G00gleFu into drag queens. CobraMrsFit doesn't believe it is research for the current WIP.

The toad was creepy. The corgi was creepier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
No sheep?

Get a self photo and share your disapointment.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #11937
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Get a self photo and share your disapointment.
There are enough sheep photos posted around here.

Most of them come off more creepy than disappointing. Like that chair.

You have seen the chair, right?

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #11938
Midian
My sarcasm got the better of me.

Midian has a spectacular auraMidian has a spectacular aura
First time posting here! *waves frantically* Thought I'd go ahead and say hi so I can jump it at a good spot.
I used to have a thing here that said the progress of my current WIPs. I removed them when the progress hadn't changed in two years.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #11939
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay! For Hillz, and Owee! for that creepy chair. It looks like it should be in an Edgar Allen Poe story.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #11940
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Two new people in one day. Cool. And just when we're serving alcohol too *Obviously, we're always serving alcohol, but you know what I mean.*

Hi Snowball and Midian, have some strange cake

My Art Shop

My Art Blog

Last edited by aliwood; 04-14-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Missing Asterisk - Wonders about Oberisk
Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #11941
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midian View Post
First time posting here! *waves frantically* Thought I'd go ahead and say hi so I can jump it at a good spot.
Over by the bar is a good spot.

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #11942
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*waves the newbsters*

Welcome to the Cantina.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #11943
Midian

Well aren't you guys just a friendly lot! Thanks for the welcome! I like cake. I like bars. Works out well.
I used to have a thing here that said the progress of my current WIPs. I removed them when the progress hadn't changed in two years.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #11944
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'm wishing I hadn't seen it. That's just creepy. Why would someone want a chair like that?
Flash: "I See Spot" Resting
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 7188 words

On The Blog This Week
Outlining Is My Friend
Old 04-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #11945
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
too much?

You're actually exponentially more excited about this than I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
And huzzes and ahhs for Hillz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Taste the freedom, Hillz!!
Tastes like durian ice cream. That can't be right.

Hi, Midian. It's always cake and vodka time in the Cantina. Except when we're at war. Then it's war and cake and vodka time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
Yay! For Hillz, and Owee!
Thankee Thankee!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #11946
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

So awesome. I love the last one.

Quote:
There are enough sheep photos posted around here.

Most of them come off more creepy than disappointing. Like that chair.

You have seen the chair, right?
Soooo creepy.

Quote:
Well aren't you guys just a friendly lot! Thanks for the welcome! I like cake. I like bars. Works out well.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #11947
Midian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Except when we're at war. Then it's war and cake and vodka time.
I like war, too. *nods approvingly*
Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #11948
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2695 View Post
You know what I hate?
History class.
The teacher's voice makes me fall asleep.
Welcome to the Cantina, since no one has warned you yet, when feeding the Kraken, watch your fingers, watch out for the 'raptor, she's wandering loose again and tends to leave body parts strewn around. It's a pain to clean up.

Oh, I'll let others tell you about the garden and the freezer. I don't know you well enough and don't want to get slapped.

Quote:
I don't think any of us will either. Come on, even though we are writers and doing research all the time, this is too big an opportunity to pass up.

BTW, you need to QuoteBook this. How many times have you QuoteBooked yourself?

Quote:
Quote:
I like war, too. *nods approvingly*
You'll fit in well then. Notice the recent conversation on use and deployment of siege engines.

Welcome to the cantina.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #11949
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Oh, just in case anyone needs it....

I officially declare it to be Saturday!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:03 AM   #11950
amergina
AW Moderator

And Midian!

I'm ready for war. And cake. But I think I'll hit the wine rather than the vodka.

Unless it's the whip creamed flavored vodka...

Closed Thread