Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #1876
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm about to reach 500 words. Hehe it's not a lot but it's the most I've written this week. I'm attempting to write high fantasy so this should be interesting.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #1877
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love high fantasy. It is my first love.
Parametric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #1878
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I really haven't read a lot of high fantasy but I think there should be more in YA.

UNFAIR
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #1879
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
It's not a guy thing. I don't know what or who BCBG is either.
Same...
Quote:
I'm good thanks. Aiming to crack 60k tonight. This book needs finishing.
FINISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
Drinking coffee and still reading rather than writing. Sigh. I need a kick in the arse, clearly.
*KICK*
Quote:
You should come Nano with me. I wrote 15k during the first week of April.
That's really good! And you say i have insane wordcounts, that's right up there with mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutwords13 View Post
Well, hello. It's been a while ^_^ How is everyone?
Hello! How are you

And if you guys need any more competition, I'll play for fun!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
amlptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #1880
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I am back. Hoping to finish this scene before my programme starts.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #1881
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Easter by the way everyone!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #1882
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Decided to take tomorrow off from coursework -- it's a bank holiday.

ETA: I've just realised I've got to edit my Christmas short story for uni... or sub it as it is, and hope for the best. I dunno what the hell to do.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #1883
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Can't be bothered to quote, but Para - my WIP is about a boy who becomes best friends with a mad scientist.

And I am always happy to fangirl your writing. You come up with ridiculously amazing plots and delightfully cruel ideas!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #1884
amlptj

That sounds cool Margo. I love made scientists!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #1885
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I don't think my laptop likes me playing games.

If it switches itself off while I'm watching TV, I may just leave it for a while.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #1886
Allaboutwords13
You Snooze, You Lose!

Allaboutwords13 is well-respected
Ally, alls good over here. I've been writing quite a lot. So far I'm up to 35k on my current WIP.

"You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny."
Allaboutwords13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #1887
amlptj

I just stopped at one of those DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN moments in my book! hehehehehehehe!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #1888
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutwords13 View Post
Ally, alls good over here. I've been writing quite a lot. So far I'm up to 35k on my current WIP.
That's awesome! Way to go!!!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #1889
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Has anyone else's device done something like that when they're doing certain things. I'm thinking it has a mind of its own.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #1890
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Ally! I fear my 15k in a week will never rival your 15k a day, but I'll keep trudging on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
I don't think my laptop likes me playing games.

If it switches itself off while I'm watching TV, I may just leave it for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
Has anyone else's device done something like that when they're doing certain things. I'm thinking it has a mind of its own.
Pretty sure it's overheating. When you first turn it on, it's still cold, so no problem. But it starts to get hotter as you use it longer, and if you play something like a game or a movie, the core gets dangerously hot and the laptop shuts down automatically to protect itself.

Download and run Core Temp. Look at the temperature of the laptop while you're not running any programs, then run a game or a tv episode and look at the temperature again. If you can get a look at the temperature right before the laptop shuts down, all the better. Report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoWest View Post
Can't be bothered to quote, but Para - my WIP is about a boy who becomes best friends with a mad scientist.

And I am always happy to fangirl your writing. You come up with ridiculously amazing plots and delightfully cruel ideas!
Mad scientists are awesome! And thank you! I still have an awful lot to learn about writing (sigh) but my crit partner seems to like the YA UF, so hopefully I'm doing something right.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #1891
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Downloading it. Which temp. box am I supposed to be looking at?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #1892
Parametric
phoenix blazing

The program will be a little grey box. The bottom half is subtitled Processor #0: Temperature Readings and beneath that it lists the core processors, so Core #0 and possibly Core #1 depending on how many you have. The temperature reading is directly to the right of the Core #.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #1893
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

46C - 63C as far as I can see.

That's with the internet browser, (not online games) iTunes, MSN and Word open. I shall check it with games on later or tomorrow...

ETA: Playing games does seem to affect it.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 04-09-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #1894
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Sherlockettes is going nicely.

The playlist is basically every song Sophie and Danielle and Veronika (well... not so much Veronika) would have on their iPods and jam to. Or songs I just like in general.

So, I already have friends shipping SophiexVeronika... which means I can never release the entire thing, without giving them heart attacks.

THE FANGIRLS, I SAY. THE FANGIRLS.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #1895
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I want details of the playlist

/musicjunkiemoment.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #1896
Elysium
believe

I just reached 1k!

UNFAIR
Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #1897
Parametric
phoenix blazing

That temperature sounds pretty high for a laptop at rest. If it's getting up toward 80C when a game is running, that's definitely not good.

Way to go, Ely! I'm up to 800 words and trudging along. Just another 1600 words before we hit 60k.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #1898
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Well, if we're talking WC, I have 4.5K.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-09-2012, 02:17 AM   #1899
Elysium
believe

That's great lisa!

And thanks Para. This friendly competition is really helping. I just have to keep reminding myself not to look over anything I write and to just keep going.

UNFAIR
Old 04-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #1900
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

And currently on 31 pages. Need to hit 32 to be on track. This scene is slow going.

Also, I WANT FANGIRLS!!

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr