Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #851
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Now you tell me.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #852
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hoots, mon!

I thought that was common knowledge!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #853
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was drinking at the time. A good single malt.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #854
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't believe I've drunk a good single malt in my whole entire life.

And by that, I mean I've liderally never tried one.

Bah! Humbug!

ROAR
Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #855
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

By the way, are there many dams in England? If there is, I don't remember hearing much about them.

I'm watching a documentary on TV at the moment about the building of the Grand Coulee Dam out west. We have some pretty big dams around here. If you remember the dam scenes in The Fugitive, that dam was one in NC on the Little Tennessee River. It's a big dam, but nothing compared to the Grand Coulee.

But, perhaps you don't give a damn about dams.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #856
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
The did ask to see my caber.

It's the sporran I'm wondering about. That was a sporran, wasn't it?

BTW, AC, the offer I made in my reppie message still stands. Let me know, k?

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #857
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
It's the sporran I'm wondering about. That was a sporran, wasn't it?
A gentleman never talks about his sporran. However, I'll chat all day about mine.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #858
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
to y'all. Hope you have a great day! s (prelicked 'n non, but I'm not telling which are which.)
Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #859
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Susie. One bite and we'll know which ones are pre-licked.

Stick around. AC's going to talk about his sporran.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #860
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cabers and sporrans...

*thumbs through recipe book*
Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #861
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
By the way, are there many dams in England? If there is, I don't remember hearing much about them.

I'm watching a documentary on TV at the moment about the building of the Grand Coulee Dam out west. We have some pretty big dams around here. If you remember the dam scenes in The Fugitive, that dam was one in NC on the Little Tennessee River. It's a big dam, but nothing compared to the Grand Coulee.

But, perhaps you don't give a damn about dams.
Dam it!

I think we have the odd one or two, but we're not a massive dam-building nation, as a general rule.

On the other hand, we had to have a few so James Bond could practice running down them.

*007 jazz hands*
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #862
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Does anyone have a sporran? My husband still has his from his teenage years when having to go to formal occasions. He hasn't used it since he was 18.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #863
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Is your husband scottish, Rosie?

If so, are you making sure he behaves?

ROAR
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #864
Purple Rose

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yup, Scottish and always behavin'. Well brought up Scotsman, I must say.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #865
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ACH! Wee sporrans, bah!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that the Hoover Dam is pretty impressive.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #866
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Especially in a sporran!

*capers*
Old 04-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #867
Purple Rose

Singapore is too small for dams. Our rivers are too short and narrow anyway. We do have about 6 or 7 reservoirs, though.

We have lots of Scotsmen, though. There is a strong following for Burns night and they also celebrate St Andrew's Day. My very Scottish husband has never bothered to attend any of them. I think it is his way of avoiding wearing his skirt and sporran.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #868
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey, all! Just curious, Rosie, does Mr. Rosie wear kilts? s 4 y'all!

to Syd 'n everyone! Youz smart, Gail. That is so true!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #869
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I agree.

Sean Connery was the the best 007 evah!!!

DANG!

He was hawt.

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S. Wiggins View Post
<Wiggins loves Lavern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
---
WRONG! I don't Lavern everything...just most things.

Last edited by Lavern08; 04-05-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: * Wonders if Suze ever pre-licked him? *
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #870
Purple Rose

He hasn't worn one in the last thirty years, since I've known him. He did wear them quite a lot as a child (I've seen pictures and that boy from the fifties and early sixties is definitely him!). In his teens he wore a kilt only for formal occasions and then after eighteen, I think he gave his kilt to Oxfam.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #871
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Sean Connery was the best, I agree.

But don't tell nobody.

*stealth hands*
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #872
shyne
At your service

shyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshyne is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This post will self destruct in five seconds

*duh bomb hands*
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #873
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

What post?

Fark!

It worked!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #874
Purple Rose

Off to bed. Hopefully Sean Connery will creep into my dreams. Not the Sean Connery today, the one from the days/years of James Bond.

Dream, dream, dream...

Good night everyone!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #875
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

No, I think it will be Rowan Atkinson!

Have fun!

ROAR
Closed Thread