Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #12201
swachski
PumpkinToes

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ewe.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 04-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #12202
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
***pgni***

Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #12203
CassandraW
Baby and me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Llama.

Edited to add:

What's "ew" for? I don't get this place. All I did was quote SR a coupla Johnny Cash lyrics. Then suddenly this giant hook came outta nowhere...
Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #12204
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
Now, see, this is exactly the kind of stimulating dialogue that the Arizona law I mentioned earlier would suppress.

Jaycinth. Of course I didn't mean you. You may call me whatever you like, and I'll enjoy it. I was referring to the rest of these pansies.
You know, of course, that if you bake the good nuns next door a pie, they'll loan you all the guns you need.

It's their mission.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #12205
CassandraW
Baby and me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
You know, of course, that if you bake the good nuns next door a pie, they'll loan you all the guns you need.

It's their mission.
*rolls up sleeves*

I'll get right to it. Now where's Reg when I need her?

Unless you mean liquor pie. I don't need an oven for that.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #12206
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

It's their mission.
And if you simply bake the good nuns next door, Mel will serve it for a special tomorrow.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #12207
CassandraW
Baby and me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
And if you simply bake the good nuns next door, Mel will serve it for a special tomorrow.
Ooh. And if I do that, I can drink the liquor and take the guns.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #12208
CassandraW
Baby and me

OK. I just went into the basement of my apartment building to get some laundry out of the dryer. A homeless guy was in the laundry room, stripped to his soiled skivvies, filthy clothes spread over the folding table, washing himself in the sink. He was using a towel. Thank Dawg, it wasn't mine, though I suspect it was borrowed from one of the dryers.

*pours self an especially large drink*

I went to tell the live-in super that a strange man was in the laundry room. The super came down with me, addressed the guy by name, telling him he'd have to leave as soon as he was done washing up, since "now is not a good time to be here." After the guy left, the super explained to me that the man was harmless, and he comes in to clean up and rest now and again.

*sees glass is empty; refills it*

I've lived in NYC for a while, and in general it's hard to really throw me for a loop. I admit that did so. 'Cause, like, it's scary to walk into your laundry room and see a nearly naked disheveled stranger.

It doesn't help that we've had a few recent robberies in the neighborhood (one in the building), and not long ago there were a string of rapes in Manhattan (some of which were never solved). We've got a notice in the lobby warning tenants not to let anyone in the building who doesn't belong there. The guy may well be harmless -- I don't know. But he doesn't belong in my basement, especially at night.

I have just decided that having a washer and dryer in my actual apartment will be a priority when I move.

Edited to add:

In answer to Ken's implied criticism (if I'm reading his "diagram" correctly) -- I feel bad for the homeless guy. I donate to homeless shelters, to a program that tries to get the homeless back on their feet, and to various charities. I've given food and money to people in the subway. It's not that I'm not sympathetic. I am. And if my super wants to help the guy, fine.

But the way to help him is *not* to let him into the isolated laundry room of a small apartment building (one largely filled with young women, too) and leave him alone there. It's not only that it's against building rules (it is) -- it could be downright dangerous. The super might think the guy is harmless, but he doesn't really know that. He's just seen him hanging out on the steps of the building. The guy might rob, assault, or rape someone. It would not be the first time something like that has happened in an apartment building. If the super wanted to let him clean up, he could have brought him into his own apartment instead of letting him strip down in the laundry room. I suspect he didn't do that because of his wife and kids. But he might have thought about the scare some other woman might get when she suddenly finds herself alone in the basement with a mostly naked stranger. And of the possible consequences if the guy wasn't as safe as he thought.

At the very, very least, my super could have hung out outside the laundry room to make sure the man didn't take anything or attack anyone, and to give people a heads up so they didn't jump out of their skin.

Sorry to get all serious in the cabby. It won't happen again, honest.

Last edited by CassandraW; 04-05-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #12209
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Liquor pie? How well do you know her?

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #12210
CassandraW
Baby and me

*pokes head in*

Huh. Apparently that homeless dude in my basement scared everyone here, too. Either that or yer all mad at me for not makin' him a sammich.

So. Liquor pie. Ken, I don't think you need to know someone well to serve her liquor pie. I know I always appreciate a slice.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #12211
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Are you being purposely, personally, or professionally obtuse?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #12212
CassandraW
Baby and me

I dunno.

But apparently I am obtuse. Or at least confused.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #12213
kenthepen

*hands Cass a diagram*

Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #12214
CassandraW
Baby and me

No, I'm afraid you'll have to be more explicit.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #12215
kenthepen

I don't be explicit. Not my thing, man.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #12216
kenthepen

By George, I think she's got it!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #12217
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
George?

Quick, somebody get the noob chair!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #12218
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cass should get 'B-A-R-E-H-A-N-D' tattooed across her knuckles.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #12219
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
*hands Cass a diagram*
Those things aren't foolproof, you know. Abstinence is still the only sure thing.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #12220
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

GOOOD MORNIN !!!

I Feel ... Like taking a sponge bath

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #12221
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
GOOOD MORNIN !!!

I Feel ... Like taking a sponge bath
Quote:
Those things aren't foolproof, you know. Abstinence is still the only sure thing.
This type of dialogue is the reason I leave the house every day.

But you can still click the linkie and buy a gift basket for your

beloved family members

for Easter....

Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #12222
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
Sure, now you tell me... Where were you when I was listening to all those stupid older girls in confirmation class?

I think he was at the front, wearing the habit.

Right, haggis?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #12223
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think that was his favorite sister, not that that isn`t a habit Hag would like to get into.

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 04-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #12224
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
This type of dialogue is the reason I leave the house every day.

But you can still click the linkie and buy a gift basket for your

beloved family members

for Easter....
It puts the lotion on its Easter Bunneh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
I think he was at the front, wearing the habit.

Right, haggis?

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 04-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #12225
regdog
Kreon Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
You know what they say, Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder, or real ugly people good looking. Whatever.

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Closed Thread