Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Dreity
practical experience, FTW

Dreity is a glorious beacon of lightDreity is a glorious beacon of lightDreity is a glorious beacon of light
Hey, guys, guess what? I finished my novel!

It's my first one. Most of it doesn't deserve the space it's taking up on my computer, but there are a few flickers of genius in there...somewhere. I'm so excited to start my second draft and put all of this lovely new knowledge I've gained to use.

All of you folks at AW were both a huge help and an incredible hindrance. Procrastination is my eternal nemesis. ^_^

My Blog. Longer stuff, but still trying to cut down.
Dreity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
meowzbark

meowzbark is a glorious beacon of lightmeowzbark is a glorious beacon of lightmeowzbark is a glorious beacon of light
A huge congrats to you!
meowzbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Dreity

Dreity is a glorious beacon of lightDreity is a glorious beacon of lightDreity is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you, thank you! The sense of completion is very nice, and my husband told me he was proud of me.

Except now I don't know what to do today!! I'm think I'm going to look over some old short stories and see what can be done.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
scmitchell
figuring it all out

scmitchell is on a distinguished road
It's a big accomplishment.
Congratulations!
Facebook Author Page

scmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That feels great, I know. Enjoy! And congratulations!
Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
strawberryblondie
not quite dying

strawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!
strawberryblondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #7
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Congrats! Take a deep breath. Wait a day or three. And jump into the revisions.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
LJD

LJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolnessLJD leaves trails of profuse coolness
Congrats! Lots of people say they want to write a novel, but never do. You are not one of them.
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #9
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
cmi0616

cmi0616 is a shiny, shiny jewelcmi0616 is a shiny, shiny jewel
Congrats!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
MyFirstMystery
Having Fun with Words

MyFirstMystery is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Go celebrate.
MyFirstMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
Dreity

Thank you muchly! ^_^ And yes, LJD, that's a huge thing for me. I start things all the time, but finishing is a bit more difficult. This is actually one of the first times in my life I've stuck to a self-imposed deadline, and I just feel so capable now. She can be taught!

I mostly just relaxed, played some games with the hubby - he missed me. I'm trying really hard not to think about the book, but I ended up jotting a few notes down about two hours after I finished it.

I will not touch it, I will not touch it, I will not touch it...

Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations! How many times did you have to press the backspace key?

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
kenthepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
Phaeal
Whatever I did, I didn't do it.

Phaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CGs and good luck with Draft Two! And, what the hell, bananas!

And so it goes.

Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

Phaeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
WackAMole
WTF?!?!

WackAMole leaves trails of profuse coolnessWackAMole leaves trails of profuse coolnessWackAMole leaves trails of profuse coolnessWackAMole leaves trails of profuse coolnessWackAMole leaves trails of profuse coolness
Grats! That's a great feeling. You think it's going to end with that first one, like it's magic. But then, you finish the second one and realize that it feels just as cool to finish that one as it did the first!

There is no sense of accomplishment like writing a novel IMO.

Even with my 'complete' manuscripts however, I always, always think 'Hmmm, I've gained so much knowledge now! I could go back and make that even better.' I have to fight that.

Grats and best of luck to you!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #16
ohthatmomagain
writing, working, weeping, winning

ohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations That's a great feeling I'm so glad your husband has been supportative.

Out Now SAINT SLOAN
...every saint as a past...

Twitter: @martieKay

ohthatmomagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
MKrys
Quietly obsessing

MKrys is a shiny, shiny jewelMKrys is a shiny, shiny jewel
Awesome! Huge congrats to you

Blog

Twitter

Facebook

Website

Goodreads
MKrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #18
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Tifferbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #19
folkchick
Not a new kid

folkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputation
Congrats! That's a great accomplishment!

blog & twitter

folkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #20
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
good goin' Dreity, calls for s
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #21
Ginger Writer
Writing like a madwoman

Ginger Writer is on a distinguished road
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #22
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay! It's so great to have a finished novel! Now you have editing to look forward to (I actually like editing), but even more than that... wait, 'til you read the full thing for the first time. *bounces up and down and claps her hands*

Love Sucks - Musa Publishing, B&N, Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance: Revising

Hero/Villain: Tweaking needed
Super/Human: First draft done!
Master/Puppet: 832/65,000

My Countdown to 2015 (Not-Exactly-)Flash Fiction Challenge thread (password: flashed)
Come play!

This week, I'm in: San Diego!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #23
Dreity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
CGs and good luck with Draft Two! And, what the hell, bananas!

I agree. Bananas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackAMole View Post
Grats! That's a great feeling. You think it's going to end with that first one, like it's magic. But then, you finish the second one and realize that it feels just as cool to finish that one as it did the first!

There is no sense of accomplishment like writing a novel IMO.

Even with my 'complete' manuscripts however, I always, always think 'Hmmm, I've gained so much knowledge now! I could go back and make that even better.' I have to fight that.

Grats and best of luck to you!
Gosh, you're making me even more excited for book two! I'm doing Camp NaNo this June, so I imagine that's when I will start it. Two...whole...months from now. x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthatmomagain View Post
Congratulations That's a great feeling I'm so glad your husband has been supportative.
He really is wonderful. It helps that the story is something that was in his head for about six years, then we developed it together and it became ours. We make a pretty good team, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
good goin' Dreity, calls for s
Ooh, I was not told there would be cake. I love surprises! Come to think of it, I do have a box of brownie mix in the cupboard... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Yay! It's so great to have a finished novel! Now you have editing to look forward to (I actually like editing), but even more than that... wait, 'til you read the full thing for the first time. *bounces up and down and claps her hands*
It really is a bounce and clap sort of occasion. I LOVE editing! In fact, this morning I had such a craving for it, I dusted off a short story I wrote about 2 years ago. I sat down with my highlighter and red pen and went to TOWN on that bad boy. I think there are about five sentences that will be kept in their original form.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #24
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats on your achievement! Best wishes for you in the next phase and beyond!

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Tarnished Gold, a historical mystery

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
alpaca
figuring it all out

alpaca is on a distinguished road
Congrats! That is a HUGE achievement!