Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #27126
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Taylor wants to hear more about Sherlockettes.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #27127
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Wellllllllllllllll... Veronika and Sophie's first case starts at a Halloween party.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #27128
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horserider View Post
I like Charming in the book but not in the real world. His personality is really annoying.
YES. I understand that he was in a coma for awhile, but I don't see why that had to turn him into someone so unlikeable.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #27129
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Well, that's always interesting, Tally.

I went to see Journey 2 the Mysterious Island today... It wasn't as good as the first, but it made me realize that 1) Josh Hutcherson is just beautiful and 2) I now am extremely jealous of Vanessa Hudgens.

It also made me regret not getting a THG bookmark with Josh on it.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #27130
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
And I don't want to tell you too much, because you said you wanted to read it!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #27131
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

True enough.

HURRY UP AND WRITE IT.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #27132
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Kyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admirationKyla Laufreyson has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Writes View Post
HURRY UP AND WRITE IT.
I constantly tell her the same thing about the MAAH sequels.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #27133
Thalia

I'm plotting!

ETA: Ari, I'm also super excited to write those, but I want to get an agent first... or self-publish... or whichever I'm going to do.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #27134
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Yeah, I knoooooow. That doesn't make it any easier to wait for them.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #27135
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Well, I think I'm going to go to bed. Fingers crossed for a snowday tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #27136
Thalia

Off With Her Head, from what I've plotted so far, is going to be AMAZING. The characters are keeping more secrets than Gossip Girl and people are dying left and right and there's kissing and partying and blood and pain and secret passageways and SO MUCH CHARACTER INTERACTION.

LIKE SERIOUSLY.

EMIL HAS TO DO SO MUCH SOCIALIZING THE POOR CHILD.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #27137
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

Awwww, poor Emil. Is it the kind of kissing I'll enjoy reading? (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.)
Old 03-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #27138
Thalia

UM...

Well, no.

There's another main character introduced in this novel Emil kisses A LOT.

She's a pretty central character, she kind of acts like Luna Lovegood on crack, and she's the Cheshire Cat. She's my FAVORITE so so so much.

It's like, I don't even know how these books are going to end anymore. SERIOUSLY.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #27139
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

...Well damn.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #27140
Thalia

BUT CHECK YOUR REPS I MEAN COME ON.

You will either LOVE this character or HATE her.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #27141
Kyla Laufreyson
My Protagonists Hate Me

We shall see eventually.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #27142
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Hello peeps.

And then I leave about two seconds later...

Tally, that book does sound interesting!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #27143
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning team. I have so many clients. Clients clients clients. All the clients!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #27144
Thalia

Yay, Para!

ugh... school today...

Old 03-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #27145
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Snow day for me...

Going to the vet soon with the pups she's definitely getting better quicker than we all thought, and she's loving the attention.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #27146
Thalia

Huge thunderstorm this morning, but no snow day... sucks about living in the tropics.

gonna plot the hell out of Sherlockettes today, I want to be ready to start writing this week (though I may not ACTUALLY start 'till the next, thanks to Hairspray rehearsals...)

Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #27147
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just got back from Will's brothers, after the three hour drive this morning. Kind of tired but the two monster Java have me pretty damn awake right now. SO what does that mean? I'm going to try and write, although that probably means I'll procrastinate till class starts.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #27148
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Ally! Welcome back.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #27149
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Para hows it going?

Yeah its good to be back, just got out of a 40 minute shower! something i wanted to do soooo badly after rock climbing but i didnt have time before dinner then passed out right after dinner.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #27150
Thalia

Coming up with my bad guy's motive...

Closed Thread