Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #5001
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
I teased a moderator in the Cabaret. Apparently they think I'm too snotty for a newbie. But when I was nice, they electrocuted me. I can't win over there.
Yet another reason I don't hang there.

They tend to be a sensitive lot with anyone but their own.

You should be able to change back tomorrow

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #5002
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey i got the 1st and last post of page #200!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #5003
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Live for the little joys, Vince, live for the little joys.

And that was meant sincerely, not sarcastically from me.

For a change.

FleasTwits
Old 03-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #5004
Don Evan Scott
I have a pet snake named Sparky :)

Don Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey everyone, how's Saturday?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #5005
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Was mostly quiet and peaceful here, Don.

But honestly, that's mostly good enough for me anymore.

FleasTwits
Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #5006
Don Evan Scott

Don Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nice day here too
Old 03-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #5007
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hi guys.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #5008
Don Evan Scott

hi girl
Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #5009
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Goodreads

Old 03-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #5010
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
* pokes nose in

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
Old 03-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #5011
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

hi Del

Goodreads

Old 03-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #5012
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
* figures that PD's smart and has gone to bed by now

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #5013
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning peeps!!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #5014
swachski
PumpkinToes

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. — Mark Twain
Old 03-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #5015
CassandraW
undead ax baby

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning! Just had some waffles and bacon, and thought I'd check in and say hello.

Ahem. I don't know if you noticed, but I now leave trails of profuse coolness. Also, I am a demon hamster.

Last edited by CassandraW; 03-04-2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: I'm the typo queen today! Hurray for me!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #5016
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

This was how I answered questions in High School. It might explain how I had such bad grades.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...11555431_n.jpg

Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #5017
CassandraW
undead ax baby

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince524 View Post
This was how I answered questions in High School. It might explain how I had such bad grades.

That's OK, Vince. The important thing is, you're loved.

Quote:
It occurs to me that we don't take the time to really tell people how much they mean to us. How often do we tell our friends how important they are to us. How important they are in our lives.

Everyone who can read this is someone I consider to be a friend, so I wanted to take this opportunity to give you all the chance to tell me how much I mean to you.

Go on, don't be shy.
Have I told you recently how much you mean to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Yet another reason I don't hang there.

They tend to be a sensitive lot with anyone but their own.

You should be able to change back tomorrow

Oh, I'm keeping it for a bit. I need to scamper up to Query Hell and surprise them. They're used to squirrels, but demon hamsters...

Cool! I can multiquote, just like the big kids!

Last edited by CassandraW; 03-04-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: I'm all typo-y today.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #5018
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleyanLee View Post
* figures that PD's smart and has gone to bed by now

Yes, yes I did.

Quote:
Good morning peeps!!
Morning Vince

Quote:
Ahem. I don't know if you noticed, but I now leave trails of profuse coolness. Also, I am a demon hampster.
Nope didn't notice. Nuh-uh.

Quote:
Cool! I can multiquote, just like the big kids!

Nice.

Goodreads

Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #5019
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Kind of sick and funny all at the same time.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...69710256_n.jpg

Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #5020
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:

I hate to mention this, but Napoleon died in exile, not in battle.

Though speaking of, I have to get back in the academic groove. Work resumes tomorrow and mid-term grades are due. And I am not allowed to just fail them all.

FleasTwits
Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #5021
Neurotic
Militant apathist

Neurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeurotic is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well that's not fair. What if they all deserved to fail?

Rhinovirus: The leading cause of rhinos.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #5022
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear there.

I meant I'm not allowed to arbitrarily fail them all just because I don't want to be bothered resuming grading today.

I can fail them all if they earn it, of course.

*still hasn't checked uni email - avoiding the little whingers as long as I can*

FleasTwits
Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #5023
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow, seven pages to catch up on since Friday? Dang, you guys are fast. My head is spinning. And a new member! I love new members....to tease. Heh.

Sweet.

Also, this dial up is seriously irking me. I did the multi-quote thing so that I could reply to multiple posts at the same time in this post but none of them show up when I was ready to post, probably due to the stupid slow speed of the dial up. Grrr.

Sigh. I had so many witty replies to so many posts lined up and now it's all going to waste. I am sad. Well, not really, but a little.

My brother was supposed to upgrade to DSL, but as usual The Evil Empire, er... I mean At&T goofed up his order again and now he has to get that straightened out...again.
Grrr...again.

I hope everyone had a decent weekend so far. I saw Act of Valor with some friends on Saturday. It was a little predictable but it was ok and the ending was sadder and more intense then we thought it would be. Decent war movie, if you're into war movies.

Last edited by BeatrixKiddo; 03-05-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #5024
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Ever consider smoke signals, BK?

Might be faster.

FleasTwits
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #5025
CassandraW
undead ax baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear there.

I meant I'm not allowed to arbitrarily fail them all just because I don't want to be bothered resuming grading today.

I can fail them all if they earn it, of course.

*still hasn't checked uni email - avoiding the little whingers as long as I can*
I'm sure they've earned it. I wouldn't even bother to check.

Hi Beatrix! Thanks for the rep points!
Closed Thread