Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #8426
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
*Sends Bettie some homemade baked penne pasta*

*and chocolate chip cookies*

Editing works for me. I just need somebody to metaphorically sit beside me and keep me motivated by their participation.
ok, I'm in the thick of it.

*tilts head and says in Barbie voice* "Edits are hard!"

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #8427
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm making progress, myself. Not terrific progress -- I hate working without an outline -- but I should make my word count.

Just keep going, Bettie. Keep pace with me, so I won't be doing this alone.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 9/15/14: Fiction: "Cat Like Tread"
Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #8428
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
3236 edited so far

Not feeling so very good about this. I hate second guessing everything.

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #8429
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Me too with the second guessing.

Night folks.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #8430
bettielee

I have to keep editing... I've made too much coffee to stop now...

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #8431
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Did my first revision pass on a story I finished last night, still only 4k which is kind of miraculous for me.

Not quite happy with it yet, but time for some laziness and TV-watchin' before tomorrow's tinkering resumes.

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 03-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #8432
bettielee

ok - You Can't Touch This just came on my ipod.

Stop!

Hammertime!

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #8433
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My favorite song in the whole world just came on Spotify: "Pure Imagination." I just love that song.

Almost done. Another 300 or so words, and I'm totally there!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #8434
bettielee

and I just came to a spot where I switched from first to third.

Dayum.

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #8435
bettielee

ok, chapter 12 is done! 2297 edited, so a total of 5533 edited for the day.

I mentally shake hands with you, Junely, and now, I go to enjoy some period Drama. and the rest of the coffee.

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #8436
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

And I'm done! At least for tonight.

Whoo hoo! time for some Supernatural! Nothing like some pretty, pretty boys to give me sweet dreams.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #8437
bettielee

ah, glad I'm done, too, as the beast has risen and demands more kibble in the dish....

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #8438
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*waves at cantina*

Went to the Home & Garden Show. Left show with three bottles of wine. Got home with two. In between, there was a sudden stop. And now my car smells like chocolate wine.

*sigh*

Got lots of brochures for things. And now I want to get outside and work on the yard.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #8439
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Y'all have been productive today. Sorry about the wine...and the car...but mostly the wine, Amergina.

I'm eating pickled jalapenos and trying to learn Scrivener. It's so...complicated.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #8440
amergina
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Y'all have been productive today. Sorry about the wine...and the car...but mostly the wine, Amergina.

I'm eating pickled jalapenos and trying to learn Scrivener. It's so...complicated.
I feel bad about the wine, too. Luckily, it's from the winery that's close-ish, so I can get another bottle.

I want to use Scrivener, but it does seem so complicated. And organized. And stuff. The pantser in me gets really anxious when I see corkboards with notecards.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #8441
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
I feel bad about the wine, too. Luckily, it's from the winery that's close-ish, so I can get another bottle.

I want to use Scrivener, but it does seem so complicated. And organized. And stuff. The pantser in me gets really anxious when I see corkboards with notecards.

That's good, at least. What winery is it? I've not really enjoyed the chocolate wines I've tried to date. I like my wine a little...challenging.

I don't think it's that complicated. The instructions are just long-winded and I don't want to screw anything up. This story is non-chronological but I'm writing the scenes in chronological order to keep track of things. Then I have to splice it. I think this will organize it better than working in a single word doc or, like, 40 of them.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #8442
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just remember that each notecard is a scene, you don't have to get much more complicated than that unless you want to. It took me a while to start learning about some of the cooler features of Scrivener.

Dudes! I can make a chain now! *is trying to learn to crochet for some reason*

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #8443
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
Just remember that each notecard is a scene, you don't have to get much more complicated than that unless you want to. It took me a while to start learning about some of the cooler features of Scrivener.

Dudes! I can make a chain now! *is trying to learn to crochet for some reason*
Yeah, it'll be fine. I think I need about four features. Just skimming the instructions to make sure I don't feck up my files by not paying attention to other things.

Are you learning to crochet so that you can make yourself one of these?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #8444
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Also, let's all pretend that MrBugz didn't have to figure out this chain thing from the diagrams and then show me how to to it (repeatedly).

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #8445
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Quote:
Yeah, it'll be fine. I think I need about four features. Just skimming the instructions to make sure I don't feck up my files by not paying attention to other things.
Ah cool, I was paranoid when I first started using it, so I would compile a word doc every night as a reassuring backup. Just an idea. lol

Quote:
I AM NOW.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #8446
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

He all about chain things today, isn't he?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #8447
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post

I AM NOW.
Cause nothing says "this will be awesome wet" like lavender yarn!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #8448
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Why??

No, never mind. I don't want to know why.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #8449
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Quote:
He all about chain things today, isn't he?
Rawr!~ Oh. Yeah. That.

Quote:
Cause nothing says "this will be awesome wet" like lavender yarn!
With one little bit of yarn to connect the important bits. I foresee great danger.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #8450
amergina
AW Moderator

Quote:
That's good, at least. What winery is it? I've not really enjoyed the chocolate wines I've tried to date. I like my wine a little...challenging.

I don't think it's that complicated. The instructions are just long-winded and I don't want to screw anything up. This story is non-chronological but I'm writing the scenes in chronological order to keep track of things. Then I have to splice it. I think this will organize it better than working in a single word doc or, like, 40 of them.
http://www.volantmillwinery.com/

It was a bottle of cocoa vino.

Pennsylvania has a bunch of little wineries everywhere.

I really do need to learn to use Scrivener. Especially since I have a back-burner project that's going to require a bit of research and a mixing of three POVs. And planning. I think I actually have to plan this one out.

Closed Thread