Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #51
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Shara is a glorious beacon of lightShara is a glorious beacon of light
dg, I have emailed you my post! Please let me know if you haven't received it!

Shara

MY BOOKS:

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #52
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A Women in Horror guest post, from AW's Foinah, is up my blog. Linkie
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #53
dgrintalis
'Tis true, she is a monstergirl

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Shara, yes, I got your post. Did you get my email reply? I am going to run your post tomorrow.

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

A tattoo can be a work of art…or a curse.

Out now in trade paperback and ebook from Samhain Horror.

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.
dgrintalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #54
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just posted a linkage update on mine here: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/12243.html

Nothing special, just tidying up a bit.

DG: I got your email address, thanks! I'm working on a guest post for your journal like I mentioned before. May or may not be done before February's out--we'll see. I'll try to write fast!

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #55
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Shara is a glorious beacon of lightShara is a glorious beacon of light
Third and final part of my Women in Horror homage is posted here.

I should now have given a shout-out to the other six bloggers who have been posting WiH stuff on their blogs. I do hope I haven't forgotten anyone...

MY BOOKS:

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #56
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My final post for Women in Horror Month. Interview with the multi-talented Rachel Grubb, AKA AW's Celia Cyanide.
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #57
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just heard about this new market: http://www.deepcuts111.com/

An all women horror anthology that is aimed at coming out *next* Feb. Just in time for Women in Horror Month 2013.

Think ahead now, because their deadline for submission is Aug. 31
Pays 5 cents a word and a royalty split. Plus, they accept reprints.

What I really like about this, is you have to submit a 150 word shout-out to another female horror writer along with your submission. Read the details on their blog, but I think that's really neat.

soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #58
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ah... very interesting and well worth looking into, thanks Soapy for posting that.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 AM   #59
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
I wonder how they define horror women writer types. I think it's fantastic, mind you. I fully intend to try and make something worth submitting. Thanks for sharing!

BriMaresh is offline   Reply With Quote