Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Mary K. Norris
Eat. Write. Sleep. Repeat.

Mary K. Norris is on a distinguished road
Newbie!

Hello! Just joined and can't wait to explore everything this website has to offer. This is my first time joining any type of forum and I am very excited!
Mary K. Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Mary K. Norris

I'm a huge kettle corn fan!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
Tepelus

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
Ari Meermans
MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi, Mary. Welcome to AW.
Ari Meermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
Sirion
practical experience, FTW

Sirion is a splendid one to beholdSirion is a splendid one to beholdSirion is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the Cooler! ^_^
Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the forums, Mary.
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome aboard

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
Leanna
figuring it all out

Location: Colorado, India, or with my MC battling ferocious monsters
Leanna is on a distinguished road
Welcome, Mary! This is a great place to learn all the things you never dreamed you failed to learn surfing the net for info on writing and publishing! At least that's how it's been for me.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
BookFormatterJen

Welcome Mary! :-)
Old 02-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Nita
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Nita is on a distinguished road
Welcome my friend.
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
randi.lee
More cowbell!

randi.lee is a shiny, shiny jewelrandi.lee is a shiny, shiny jewel
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay

Please try not to take me too seriously. What I've posted above is most likely in jest.

Snap! A Quite Quick Collection now available on Amazon.
randi.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
FlyBird
figuring it all out

FlyBird is on a distinguished road
Hi Mary, Greetings from a fellow newbie from the same area. I hope you enjoyed the almost 80 degree weather yesterday. I actually went to the pool. Looks like it's going to be cooler for the weekend.
FlyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #15
Mary K. Norris

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
FlyBird, I am enjoying the warm weather but I have prepaid tickets to Mt. Baldy and there's no snow! So I'm hoping for a little rain so I can go out on the slopes.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MaryK_Norris

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryKNorris

"Rejection is not only a stepping stone toward accomplishing your dream; it is evidence that you are a real writer."
-Christie Craig & Faye Hughes
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
xXVampyrePrincessXx
likes a colorful font

xXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxXVampyrePrincessXx is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome Mary

~Amber~

{Vampyre Princess}
xXVampyrePrincessXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

Bienvenuuuuuuu!

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
kenthepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
Silver-Midnight
"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Welcome.
Silver-Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #20
Mark G
5 novels written, 0 published

Mark G is a shiny, shiny jewelMark G is a shiny, shiny jewel
Welcome to Absolute Write!

This is a great place to network with writers! Check out The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write for more info on the site.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
scottprotege
figuring it all out

scottprotege is on a distinguished road
Oh hi there.

scottprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
FlyBird
figuring it all out

FlyBird is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K. Norris View Post
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
FlyBird, I am enjoying the warm weather but I have prepaid tickets to Mt. Baldy and there's no snow! So I'm hoping for a little rain so I can go out on the slopes.
Hey you got your wish. Hope there is enough snow from the rain. It's still drizzling right now so there may be some more.
FlyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
Xirana
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Xirana is on a distinguished road
Hi Mary!
Xirana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #24
Mary K. Norris

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes! And FlyBird I sure hope so, though when I checked the Baldy website they said only 2-4 inches! That makes me so sad.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MaryK_Norris

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryKNorris

"Rejection is not only a stepping stone toward accomplishing your dream; it is evidence that you are a real writer."
-Christie Craig & Faye Hughes