Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #3101
Etola
Looking at Stars

Etola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
I'm trying to figure out how I missed this the first time.

*Adds to CM stalkerbook..er scrapbook.
I have a feeling I missed something here...
And know the place for the first time.
-T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

Salamander's Shadow
1st draft: 85,126/100k
Adventures of Mae Fortune On the Agent Hunt!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #3102
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
It's 48 degrees in our office. We can't use the bathroom or the sinks because the pipes are frozen. Heating contractor just showed up and said "well, here's your problem. the entire heating unit should have been replaced in the late '80s".

Have I mentioned how much I like working here?

*resumes typing with gloved Muppet-hands*
Wow. Just... wow.

Our office has somewhat tempermental heating - it's either too hot or too cold. There's nothing as sophisticated as "climate control" or even as sophisticated as "a thermostat". There's some heaters, two small windows that open, and some fans. You play with a combination of these three things until the temperature reaches a bearable level. Then you pray it remains constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etola View Post
I expect nothing less from a person with Pinkie Pie as their avatar
You shall be rewarded, oh good and faithful servant and believer in my epic silliness.

Twitter|Blog

I drew a map of the Cantina once. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

WIPS:

SF Novella: 36,000 words, query in QLH
Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #3103
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They said it could not be done.

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone actually said it. But no one, to my knowledge, has tried to do the epic thing that I have just done.

Last night, whilst in a silly mood, I felt like drawing something. And it occurred to me that since the move the Cantina has been a little... larger than before. A lot more spacious.

One could almost get lost in it.

Unless... unless one had.... A MAP.

Ladies and gentlemen, monsters and smibbles, I have drawn for your amusement and delight, THE AW CANTINA FLOORPLAN OF DOOM.

This lives here: http://fatihahiman.files.wordpress.c...icture-005.jpg

Enjoy people. And if anyone would like to map the attics and basements, feel free

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #3104
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
It's 48 degrees in our office. We can't use the bathroom or the sinks because the pipes are frozen. Heating contractor just showed up and said "well, here's your problem. the entire heating unit should have been replaced in the late '80s".

Have I mentioned how much I like working here?

*resumes typing with gloved Muppet-hands*
Yesterday you needed to punch people. Today, they freeze the office. I believe your coworkers may be on to you, and hope your gloves soften the blows.

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #3105
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomacologist View Post

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone actually said it. But no one, to my knowledge, has tried to do the epic thing that I have just done.

Last night, whilst in a silly mood, I felt like drawing something. And it occurred to me that since the move the Cantina has been a little... larger than before. A lot more spacious.

Ladies and gentlemen, monsters and smibbles, I have drawn for your amusement and delight, THE AW CANTINA FLOORPLAN OF DOOM.

<SNIP>

Enjoy people. And if anyone would like to map the attics and basements, feel free

Holy carp.

That. Is. EIPC!!

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #3106
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
OMG that's just awesome. Just awesome!

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 01-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #3107
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
:-D

D-:
*tilts head*

*tilts other way*

*falls down*

I think I'll rest here. Anyone got smibbles?

Quote:
Oh noes! Take all the drugs! *kermit arms*
I told you people I was off the horse tranq!

Quote:
FIGHT THE FUTURE!

ETOLA!!! How goes the battle?

Me, too.

Apologies in advance for dragging my pimpin' ways into the Cantina, but if any of you are inclined, I'd love to see you stop by my guest blog at the mother ship or this fun one about heartbreak and cannibalism.

I approve of cannibal questions.
Pimp it!

And what happens when a cannibal eats a pimp?!?

Now to finish backreading...

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #3108
Etola
Looking at Stars

Etola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudge
*jaw drops*

That is a full serving of Epic coated with a hearty layer of Epic Level 11 Awesomesauce.

1 million points to House Psycho!!

Salamander's Shadow
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #3109
Etola
Looking at Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
*tilts head*

*tilts other way*

*falls down*

I think I'll rest here. Anyone got smibbles?
*fluffs up some smibbles for Fen to lay on*

Salamander's Shadow
Old 01-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #3110
CobraMisfit

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My favorite part of the map is the iWench 2.0.

SOMEONE should put that in a book.

*glares at someone*

Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #3111
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
Hey Green!

Long clock, no visual.

Glad to have ya' back!
Quote:
Is it a puppy? Or money? Or a puppy covered in money?!?!

Hi Et! Stretched Eon, Negative Viewing.
Quote:
I have a feeling I missed something here...
He keeps doing these awesome geek things for long time, no see and I love it.

It makes me laugh and I need all the laughs I can get.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 01-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #3112
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

I love that there is an attack pinata array. Love that.

Also, pretty handwriting.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 01-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #3113
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
Noooo! *hands Fen chicken curry soup*
Mmm, cheers. Luckily I have curry chicken that was marinating since yesterday. About to throw it in the oven for an early dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
oh! And how cool! You know how Carina puts out random tweets about authors? ONE OF THOSE AUTHORS IS A CANTINA-ITE! How cool is that??

I retweeted.
Link or quote!

Quote:

<SNIP of the EPIC AWESOME AMAZING IMG>

Oh my Elder God! This is beyond epic! I found the steps and worked my way up and saw the Dong Garden had already come into existence and 'ed! Literally burst out laughing. The rest is so awesome, though I didn't see the choco fountains? I guess they are at the bar

One day, when the epicness of your image has become a fond memory, I shall draw my own depiction of the Cantina. I consider the lake a little to the left, down a broad hill, and in a large meadow

Quote:
*fluffs up some smibbles for Fen to lay on*
Cheers. *snuggles* *sneezes from the curry* Maybe we should slaughter a few, wrap in foil, and toss them in the smibble fire pit

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #3114
Fenika

Also: That map looks so epic on my screen. I could see it in it's full glory.

Does the tree play hilarious videos? Can we screen some pixar?

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #3115
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Quote:
Holy carp.

That. Is. EIPC!!
Quote:
OMG that's just awesome. Just awesome!
Quote:
*jaw drops*

That is a full serving of Epic coated with a hearty layer of Epic Level 11 Awesomesauce.

1 million points to House Psycho!!
Thank you, thank you all *basks in awesomeness*

*trips over own inflated ego*

*faceplants*

I'm so glad I have you guys so that when I do something goofy there's people around to appreciate it and not just look at me funny...

Quote:
My favorite part of the map is the iWench 2.0.

SOMEONE should put that in a book.

*glares at someone*
You know, I probably will...

Quote:
Also, pretty handwriting.
Thank you

Evening gang. Whut up?

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #3116
CobraMisfit

Quote:
Oh my Elder God! This is beyond epic! I found the steps and worked my way up and saw the Dong Garden had already come into existence been erected and 'ed!
Fix'd it fer ya'.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #3117
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Quote:
The rest is so awesome, though I didn't see the choco fountains? I guess they are at the bar
Yeah I should've added chocolate fountains and a chocolate pool. They might be on one of the upper levels. Or in the basement. The rest of the Cantina is still uncharted territory...

Quote:
One day, when the epicness of your image has become a fond memory, I shall draw my own depiction of the Cantina. I consider the lake a little to the left, down a broad hill, and in a large meadow
I think I would've drawn it further away if the paper had been bigger. Oh well.

Quote:
Also: That map looks so epic on my screen. I could see it in it's full glory.

Does the tree play hilarious videos? Can we screen some pixar?
I'd sort of imagined funny videos growing on it like fruit.

Yeah I have a weird imagination.

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #3118
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*takes up window seat closest to Ed*

Psycho, I love you. So much.

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: "writing" a "query"

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #3119
Fenika

Oh, so maybe it will produce and direct new videos and we can have exclusive releases

And signature change. bwah ha ha.

(must resist acknowledging erected pun. How did I miss that? Dire. And I did note how nice and erect they were...)

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #3120
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
*takes up window seat closest to Ed*

Psycho, I love you. So much.
I love you too. I put Ed in just for you!

Okay, for you and all the rest of the pervs in here...

Quote:

And signature change. bwah ha ha.

(must resist acknowledging erected pun. How did I miss that? Dire. And I did note how nice and erect they were...)
Well of course they're erect. They're dongs. Duh :P

And yaaaaayyy I have been immortalised in sig form! *dances happy dance*

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #3121
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: "writing" a "query"

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #3122
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

I'm thinking of linking to it on my FB. Not that real life people will understand, mind you. I just think it will be funny as hell.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #3123
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

You guys can link/tweet it as much as you want, btw. I drew it for all of us.

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #3124
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I am in Awe. Awe, I say.

But where is the chocolate fountain for all those chocolate-covered celebrities?

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #3125
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

I'm guessing the fountain might be on the endless buffet.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Closed Thread