Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #101
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm in no mood to speculate, but it will stop now.

Closing for the weekend.
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #102
Stephen B. Pearl
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Stephen B. Pearl is on a distinguished road
Draumr Writer

Hi all,

Iím an author who is published by Draumr. Stephen B. Pearl with the novel Tinkerís Plague, a post-apocalyptic, science fiction, action adventure. My female lead is slender and classically pretty, the book is defiantly SF, and overall Iím very happy with how Iíve been treated. By the by, no one put me up to this. I saw the discussion and thought Iíd give my first had experience.

Publishers reject books for all kinds of reasons. Often I think it can be a frivolous as, ďIím having a bad day, so Iím going to clear my desk and knock off early.Ē Tinkerís Plague was rejected by a load of publishers before I found Draumr. The trick is not to take it as sour grapes and just keep plugging.

Rida and Robert have been consistently decent with me and very prompt in getting me copies to sell at cons and the like. It did take them a while to get me into the Chapters, Indigo, Coles chain of stores, but they managed it. The contract is fairly standard, and yes I have read about a half dozen sample contracts from various publishers. The Draumr contract is about on par with my two other publishers, Club Lighthouse Publishing and Dark Dragon Publishing. No great leaps ahead or back from either of these.

I will say this. If people are so concerned, Iím surprised I havenít received any e-mails asking about my experience with them. Iím not hard to find.
So thatís my first hand experience.

Stephen B. Pearl.
Stephen B. Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #103
LindaJeanne
On a small world west of wonder

LindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen B. Pearl View Post
Publishers reject books for all kinds of reasons.
(BTW, the past couple of pages where one person was complaining about his rejection letter -- while others were saying, it's just a rejection, move on -- were from two years ago. And the profile of the person complaining indicates that he hasn't logged onto AW in a year and a half.)

The rest of the thread is from even farther back.

Regardless, I'm glad your experiences have been positive.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #104
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Per homepage:
Quote:
Thank you for your patronage over the ten years we were in business. Unfortunately, we have decided to close our virtual doors as of September 12, 2013.
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote