Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #51
Mac H.
Board Visitor

Mac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputation
Hi Kimberly,

As a lawyer who is also a supporter of writersout.com, can you answer a few questions:

1. Do you have concerns over the company's ethics when they appear to be making false statements?

eg: "Writers Out is the first ever professional networking and eBook distribution service for writers of all kinds, published or non- published" Ref: http://www.writersout.com/node/2376

As you should be well aware ,there are several 'professional networking and eBook distribution services for writers of all kinds, published or non-published'. That is why sites like this are called YADS.

There is no shame in trying this business model again - but surely you would have ethical problems with them making false statements about it - like claiming that it is a first?

2. You've been asked several times to confirm that you don't have a connection with them beyond what you claim. Can you please confirm this? I can't find your name on the list of authors - which seems odd. (I'm assuming that your name is Kim Star - someone using that name has given Writers Out a good review with the same explanation (just joined etc).

I hope you have better success with the service than their best seller - which only about $20 in sales.

Mac

Last edited by Mac H.; 08-04-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Mac H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #52
fireluxlou
practical experience, FTW

fireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputation
I don't think she's coming back somehow. I believe she was planted to promote the website.
fireluxlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #53
Nexus
Evolute

Nexus has a spectacular aura
I agree with much of the points made here. I have tried sites like inkspot.com and authonomy and there is really no point to them. The benefits are VERY few and far between, but the negative possiblities that result have a much higher probablility.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:51 AM   #54
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Three years later ... the "best-selling" book is at 24 downloads for a free item. The "best-seller" overall is a free magazine with 56 downloads.
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote