Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
jeffw
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

jeffw is on a distinguished road
New to Forums, Hooray!

I have been lurking for months now, and finally registered.

I have been in the writing game for a while now, mostly fantasy and horror short stories and consudting interviews with musicians and actors at a horror webzine.

Rejections come more frequently than acceptances for me. I tend to lean towards the pulp stye of fiction writing, ala Robert E. Howard and Phillip Farmer. I just finished my first novel, and am tallying up an impressive rejection count (8 so far). I am still keeping my head up though.

Hope everyone is well, and I am glad I finally registered!!
jeffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
mikewritesfic
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

mikewritesfic is on a distinguished road
Hey Jeff. Persistence is the key and it appears you have it. Glad to see you here
mikewritesfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts -- you won't believe how random this is gonna get.

I am now tweeting at @JedCullan
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
alleycat
I make my own fun.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Hi there Jeff, and welcome to the Cooler.

Nickie
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
regdog
Kreon Prowl
AW Moderator

Location: Protecting, Serving and well he's a Kreon so who knows what he's up to
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

My Blog-Updated on 7/18/14 Food Allergies

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
brainstorm77
practical experience, FTW

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the cooler.
brainstorm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:26 AM   #10
swachski
shameless bench..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the cooler Jeff. You're in good company, because we've all gotten rejection letters. We're here for you, man.
swachski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #11
Frank Kelso
practical experience, FTW

Frank Kelso is well-respected
Hey Jeff; Look at it this way - your batting average will never improve if you don't go to bat regularly. And like all great hitters, find a good batting coach.
Frank Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote