Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > AW Roundtable
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
gothicangel
Toughen up.

gothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsgothicangel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Stephanie Meyers Accused of Plagiarism

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090420/...t-c60bd6d.html

Anyone know anything about plaguarism law? Copyright covers the text, not ideas.

I know, I know Buffy . . .
Old 05-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
She said on her site that she's not being sued.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

Scroll down to her April 21st statement.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
BlueLucario
Blood Elves FTW

BlueLucario has earned our admirationBlueLucario has earned our admirationBlueLucario has earned our admirationBlueLucario has earned our admiration
I don't believe it for a second. Someone did that with J.K Rowling.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
ClaudiaGray
Rambaldi's Chosen One

ClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Probably it's nothing but sour grapes; even if SM did get the idea of a vampire romance from her college roommate, execution is all that matters.

I find it curious that film production was halted over it, though. That part sounds bogus to me.

My books:

Evernight

Stargazer

Hourglass
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #5
M.R.J. Le Blanc
aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan

M.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputation
Um...isn't this old news? Are we sure this just isn't someone recycling an old news story because they had nothing else to throw out? The college roommate accusing her of stealing a story thing has already been covered.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:38 AM   #6
Kathleen42
crushing on fictional characters

Kathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If my college roomate had written a best selling series, I'd have checked it out long before the movie came out.

HEMLOCK now available from Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins

Website * Twitter * Goodreads
Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 AM   #7
brainstorm77
practical experience, FTW

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It is old news and I think there is a another thread around here about it.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:57 AM   #8
Wayne K
Banned

Wayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
She stole my idea about writing a book and getting rich. I should call my attorney.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 AM   #9
brainstorm77
practical experience, FTW

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne K View Post
She stole my idea about writing a book and getting rich. I should call my attorney.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
Phaeal
Whatever I did, I didn't do it.

Phaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Steph's roommate stole her short story idea from me!!! So did Bram Stoker. Not to mention Stephen King and Ann Rice. And Joss Whedon, too, and that Charlaine Harris...

Where's my lawyer?

And so it goes.

Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Very old news. There's no halt in production. There's no lawsuit. The "professor" in question wasn't ever a prof. at BYU, but was a character on ER. (Dr. Peter Benton, I think.) They traced this back to a thread on a Twi-fan board that for some reason got picked up by the Assoc. Press. From there it snowballed.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
Cybernaught
Decker

Cybernaught has earned our admirationCybernaught has earned our admirationCybernaught has earned our admirationCybernaught has earned our admiration
"Idea infringement." Ha. That's a good one.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #13
icerose
Lost in School Work

icerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah it was debunked weeks ago. It's not real, the professor doesn't even exist, but he does make a good character on ER.

I helped write this!!!!http://www.ibnbattuta.tv/
Old 05-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #14
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Weren't her books "public property" because they were now so deeply imprinted in the mind of the public?

No, wait. That was another thread. o.O
Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #15
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Locking this. It was a hoax story. There is no lawsuit. There is no halted production. It was debunked a month ago.

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Closed Thread