A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|03-06-2009, 03:16 AM||#1|
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Join Date: Sep 2008
Poetry Contest $300 Prize, No Fee
Announces Its Fourteenth Biannual Poetry Card Contest
Deadline: June 30th, 2009
1st prize: $300 * 2nd prize: $150 * 3rd prize: $50
In addition, the winning poems will be displayed on our website sps.com.
POETRY CONTEST GUIDELINES:
1. Poems can be rhyming or non-rhyming, although we find that non-rhyming poetry reads better.
2. We suggest that you write about real emotions and feelings and that you have some special person or occasion in mind as you write.
3. Poems are judged on the basis of originality and uniqueness.
4. English-language entries only, please.
5. Enter as often as you like!
POETRY CONTEST RULES
All entries must be the original creation of the submitting author. All rights to the entries must be owned by the author and shall remain the property of the author. The author gives permission to SPS Studios, Inc. to publish and display the entry on the Web (in electronic form only) if the entry is selected as a winner or finalist. Winners will be contacted within 45 days of the deadline date. Contest is open to everyone except employees of SPS Studios and their families. Void where prohibited.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Go to http://www.sps.com/poetry/index.html to complete the contest form, or if you prefer, you may send your submission via snail mail* to:
SPS Studios Poetry Card Contest,
P.O. Box 1007, Dept. E,
Boulder, CO 80306.
Last edited by snagel; 03-06-2009 at 03:21 AM.
If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.