Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Tech Help
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Java or flash problem I think

I need a little help, again, please.

I've noticed that several website appear as a nice solid color with a small white box with a red x in in the upper left corner. When I click on the x I usually get something about Adobe flash.

Now I do have Jave platform two, it installs itself from time to time, the virus scan removes it, but I've been watching to keep it from removing it. (Yes, I was wrong about that.)

I've tried to put the Adobe flash in but with dial up it takes 10 hours to download and the computer keeps turning itself off during the download. You can't do anything else while this is happening and I get distracted.

Is there a way to make the download faster while still having dial up? Do I need to take it to Staples and get it hooked up to satilite and download it there?

I'm missing several agents' websites, all of NBC news and most of the cool stuff from CNN and NSBN ( I didn't get to the see the red and blue map.)

I appreciate the help in the past and thank you in advance for this time.

Stlight
Stlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Do you know anyone with a faster connection? Cajole them into downloading the player onto a thumb drive for you and try loading from that.
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #3
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was thinking of taking the hard drive to Staples. What's a thumb drive? I'm not only technologically challenged, but under funded.

Hey, aren't you the one who sent me over here???

Very clever of you. I need to work on indexing. ;-)

Yippers, almost forgot. Appropo of nothing that I could remember doing Adobe flash sent a message square that an update was available - install no or remeind me later. It claimed it would only take a couple fo minutes. I clicked install now. It tried and failed. I clicked retry. Tried and failed. I clicked retry. Tried and failed. So I gave up. Any thoughts?

S

Last edited by Stlight; 11-06-2008 at 07:06 AM. Reason: forgot something
Stlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Matera the Mad
And God said, "Let there be Linux!"

Matera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thumb drive = USB flash drive = one of those little "sticks" that people carry around on their keychains

It shouldn't take that long to download the Flash player. I only have dialup, and I don't have to "borrow" a connection for that.
Go to:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
or
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/