Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Sports and Fitness
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #26
Nakhlasmoke
yes

Nakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Paton View Post

Yeah kimibot. He does crack me up. Mr Monotone and his press conferences - somehow I don't see a stellar career in sales for him after his driving days are over.

On the other hand, who could forget his "I was having a shit" interview. hehehehe.

I'm a Coulthard fan too, he really seems to have been shafted recently. Every year is Coulthard's year ....and that doesn't happen. Him and Webber.

House of Sand and Secrets

Mother, Crone, Maiden - a Tor short story set just before When the Sea is Rising Red.

blog and twitter

Last edited by Nakhlasmoke; 03-24-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Nakhlasmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #27
Phil DeBlanque
figuring it all out

Phil DeBlanque is on a distinguished road
Talking

So, Formula One is living to the "if you want to win, get a finn" saying.

Massa, man, Massa, what happened? That mistake probably will cost his title chances.

One thing I miss in Formula One is old Nelson Piquet. I remember prost was giving an interview about some milestone on his career, when nelson got close and started, behind the frenchman, to make fun of his nose. The journalists went wild!

And this is classic:

Interviewer, before a race: "So, Piquet, would you like to win today?"
Nelson Piquet: "No, today I'd like to be the 16th!"
Old 03-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #28
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil DeBlanque View Post
Massa, man, Massa, what happened? That mistake probably will cost his title chances.
I like little Felipe, but I think he's too volatile to be world champion. He's a very good driver, but he'd have to have an entire season where nothing wound him up. Either that or have lobotomy.
Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #29
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

jst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Easy McLaren fans. One race and the hubris in here is deafening.

And for race 2 ... oh ... look! w00t!

Quote:
After the nightmare that was Australia, world champions Ferrari were very much in command in Malaysia. One-two on the grid and what should have been one-two in the race. Only a costly error from Felipe Massa prevented him following Kimi Raikkonen home for a perfect result.

The consolation was that arch rivals McLaren were unable to take full advantage, thanks largely to their qualifying grid penalties. The worry for both squads was BMW Sauber, who claimed second place and the fastest lap. We take a team-by-team look at the Sepang outcome…

Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen, P1/1m 35.405s
Felipe Massa, retired, spin/1m 35.914s
No problems at all for Kimi Raikkonen, in a race that he dominated. And none for Felipe Massa, until an expensive mistake spun him out and cost the team eight crucial championship points. Ferrari had a torrid time in Australia, but Malaysia proved conclusively that they are back, and will be formidable opposition to McLaren from now on.
http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2008/3/7553.html
jst5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #30
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'd like to see Williams as a threat, but I don't think that's really going to happen this year. What was practically mind-bending was that both Red Bulls finished a race! When did that last happen?

Since I'm relatively new to F1 (three seasons in and a good bit of studying-up) I have to say that David Coulthard seems like an excuse machine and also one very quick to point a finger. That said, I love his rants and last week threatening, on camera no less, to 'kick three colors of shit out of the little bastard' (referring to Massa) was hilarious. (Too bad I can't get the ITV coverage here - had to wait for it to pop up on Google videos.) I need to see him on the podium again to scrub the picture of him trying to look triumphant in a Superman cape (Monaco '06 -how embarrassing must that have been?) Poor dear. No wonder he's grumpy.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #31
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

jst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perks View Post
I'd like to see Williams as a threat, but I don't think that's really going to happen this year. What was practically mind-bending was that both Red Bulls finished a race! When did that last happen?
The last race, when they were left in the tailgate cooler unopened.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #32
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Quote:
Interviewer, before a race: "So, Piquet, would you like to win today?"
Nelson Piquet: "No, today I'd like to be the 16th!"
They do seem to quickly run dry of anything like an interesting question some days. Lots of head-scratching there.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #33
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst5150 View Post
The last race, when they were left in the tailgate cooler unopened.
For sure. I can't drink that stuff. I tried once and never had felt so polluted in all my life.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #34
Sarita
PBS Mind/MTV World

Sarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
So, Formula One is living to the "if you want to win, get a finn" saying.
I have a Finn* but The Button still can't manage to finish. That car is going to kill us this year!

*So, apparently adoroable Toddler Finn's don't count in the saying.

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.~ Hugo
Sarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #35
Nakhlasmoke
yes

Nakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Am I no longer the only girl in this thread? Awesome.

Mother, Crone, Maiden - a Tor short story set just before When the Sea is Rising Red.

blog and twitter

Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #36
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakhlasmoke View Post
Am I no longer the only girl in this thread? Awesome.
Ahem. You never were.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #37
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritams8 View Post
but The Button still can't manage to finish. That car is going to kill us this year!
He finished! He got 10th. Not great, but better than mostly he did all last year. And at least he's not whizzing by in a blur of grass clippings and riesling-bottle glass.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #38
Nakhlasmoke
yes

Quote:
Ahem. You never were.
Oh the lulz. *hands you chocolate*

See, internettish assumption strikes again.

blog and twitter

Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #39
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

It's okay. I ran the opening post through the gender guesser and it came up 76.24% Male.

Amusingly, I'm 'MALE' in the 'informal' analysis, but on the 'formal' side, I received a 57.96% and was identified as a 'WEAK MALE' with this note as a qualifier:

Quote:
Weak emphasis could indicate European.
Lol! That's just rude.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #40
Nakhlasmoke
yes

Hahaha, I ran some of my stuff through it now too - i am also a weak European male *snerk* , both formal and informal. That's just odd.

blog and twitter

Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #41
Sarita
PBS Mind/MTV World

Sarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
He finished! He got 10th. Not great, but better than mostly he did all last year. And at least he's not whizzing by in a blur of grass clippings and riesling-bottle glass.
Yeah, Malaysia. I was still thinking about Australia...

Silly me. I missed a race this weekend with all the family type people floating around. Besides, I'm in the clutches of March Madness.

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.~ Hugo
Sarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #42
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Yeah, I think they need another run in the wet. It'll be very interesting to see what happens then. Jenson's win in Hungary wasn't a fluke. It was just that a whole lot of people need to crash so he can show us how good he is.

That's kinda sad, but at least he isn't a fraud.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #43
Wrathman
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Wrathman is on a distinguished road
The only interesting thing about Coulthard over the last couple of seasons is trying to guess which lap he would crash on. Maybe we should have a contest here to try and pick that lap in Bahrain.

It's a 7am start for Bahrain where I live. So much for sleeping in on the weekend.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #44
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

I love Bahrain. It looks like they're racing on the moon.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #45
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

Quote:
I love Bahrain. It looks like they're racing on the moon.
I stopped in once. The moon has more charm.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #46
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

I didn't know you were an astronaut! That's so neat. But, yeah, don't know much anything about Bahrain except that they make their own islands and stuff.

I just meant the Bahrain Formula1 event. The scenery is so interesting.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #47
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

Quote:
I didn't know you were an astronaut! That's so neat. But, yeah, don't know much anything about Bahrain except that they make their own islands and stuff.
That's United Arab Emirates. Bahrain is where Michael Jackson lives.

Quote:
I just meant the Bahrain Formula1 event. The scenery is so interesting.
It's because it's a brand new course. We're in the honeymoon phase with it. I feel the same about the China course. Did you see all the sand surrounding that course. That must play hell on the teams, the engines, and all that spandex and bikini work the girls are dishing.