Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2005, 07:09 AM   #51
Galoot
I am a pretty pretty flower

Galoot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by reph
Galoot, that link took me to a page where I could do nothing but type access codes, in endless cycles, much like Purgatory. I can pretty well guess who Eric Siegel is, though.
Ain't that a rotter!

Well, I'd save you the trouble and just post the private information of Eric Siegel from Atlanta, Georgia to this public forum, but that would probably be wrong. I respect Eric Siegel's right to privacy as much as he respects yours.

Besides, I don't have to. You can get it here or by typing "zabasearch.com" into the form at Network Solutions.

My conscience is clear.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #52
Fractured_Chaos
Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!

Fractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished road
OKay, call me stupid but...Who is Eric Siegal?
Old 04-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #53
Fractured_Chaos
Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!

Fractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished roadFractured_Chaos is on a distinguished road
Nevermind...I googled the name.

How....ironic.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #54
Galoot
I am a pretty pretty flower

Galoot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for PresidentGaloot should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
OKay, call me stupid but...Who is Eric Siegal?
Eric Siegel is the name listed as the administrative contact for Zabasearch. His name, address, phone number and email address all reside behind those links up there.

Hey, it's out there, why not share it with anyone who's curious? I just hope someone who's angry about Zabasearch doesn't run across that personal contact information. Just like I'm sure he hopes nobody's stalker uses Zabasearch to look up their victim.

And call me stupid, but why do you call yourself "dragonliver?"
Old 04-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #55
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Why because she's such a rare and unique ingredient, Galoot...

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:25 AM   #56
Fractured_Chaos
Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galoot
And call me stupid, but why do you call yourself "dragonliver?"
It's dragonlover

And It was the on-line nick I picked many, many moons ago when I was in an IRC channel connected with Elfwood. I also collect the silly darn things.

I also collect swords, btw. *EG*

Last edited by Fractured_Chaos; 04-02-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Fractured_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #57
Fractured_Chaos
Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAllister
Why because she's such a rare and unique ingredient, Galoot...
Awwwww!
Old 04-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #58
Greenwolf103
I'm a grrrl dog, yo

Greenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputation
Well it has me listed with an old address but it says I was born in a different month AND in 1944. :Smack:

....Works for me....

Blogs:

On writing

On revision

Personal stuff

Pictures

Facebook profile

Twitter: @dawncolclasure

365 TIPS FOR WRITERS is now available as an Ebook!
http://filbertbooks.com/365.html

Love is Like a Rainbow: Poems of Love and Devotion

Songs of the Dead, dark and horror poems
Greenwolf103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:42 PM   #59
scullars
Writer/Bibliophile

scullars is a shiny, shiny jewelscullars is a shiny, shiny jewel
Wonder if this will be effective. Sent an email with the link to a gossip columnist at EOnline letting them know that stars unpublished information is being given away freely. He seems good at answering his emails, so maybe once he plugs in a name or two, he'll pass the word on to his cronies and acquaintances. A few disgruntled stars demanding the site's cessation might be more effective than just notifying the attys general. We'll see.
scullars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #60
Greenwolf103
I'm a grrrl dog, yo

Greenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputationGreenwolf103 has a golden reputation
Dang, George Clooney's not on there!

Blogs:

On writing

On revision

Personal stuff

Pictures

Facebook profile

Twitter: @dawncolclasure

365 TIPS FOR WRITERS is now available as an Ebook!
http://filbertbooks.com/365.html

Love is Like a Rainbow: Poems of Love and Devotion

Songs of the Dead, dark and horror poems
Greenwolf103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #61
scullars
Writer/Bibliophile

scullars is a shiny, shiny jewelscullars is a shiny, shiny jewel
Aaahhh George Clooney's over... Jude Law is the one (let me go check). But wait...does he even live on these shores? I don't think this site has gone int'l yet.
scullars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #62
Torin
Wandering vaguely

Torin has a spectacular auraTorin has a spectacular aura
And it's now saying the beta version will be up until April 30. So much for the March 31 deadline. I'm in Canada, and not listed. Yet. Man, this is bad.

http://www.cebarrett.com for excerpts from "Angels Among Us" and more. What if you were a closet heterosexual? What would you do when you met the woman of your dreams?
Torin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #63
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's one of the things I tried, too, typing in the names of celebrities. They're among the at-risk group for major invasion of privacy by those who could harm them, don't you think?

(Must be a bummer having the name of a celebrity--and there's a lot of them. Also a surprising number of Bilbo Baggins listings!)

I also typed in the name of the attorney general in my state No address, but I got a phone number that not a government office prefix and could be his home.

Hmm, who to phone first, Keanu, Brad, Johnny...
Maryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:51 AM   #64
KellyS.

KellyS. has earned our admirationKellyS. has earned our admirationKellyS. has earned our admirationKellyS. has earned our admiration
Thanks. It had my address and my birth month and year, but no phone number. I have been on a site where you look up a street name. It will tell you every street number and who lives at each. That was freaky too. I'll have to try to find that one again.

What's weird about that link is that it has my middle initial as well. The only place that ended up was when I applied for my copyright and then stupid PA put it on their site and on the idiotic papers they send to the addresses you supply. May mean nothing, but I still don't like it.

KellyS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:04 AM   #65
Richard White
Writer Beware's Faithful Igor

Richard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for President
Luckily, there I've got too common a name for them to easily find me and I'll be damned if I'll fill in all the blanks for them.

There's no way to tell if by filling in the first page if you're adding yourself to a cold fusion driven database.

I'll pass, thank you.
Richard White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #66
Tish Davidson
practical experience, FTW

Tish Davidson is a splendid one to beholdTish Davidson is a splendid one to beholdTish Davidson is a splendid one to behold
You have to wonder where they got the info. I'm not listed at all, my husband is listed with an incorrect middle initial (actually he doesn't have one) , my older child is not listed at all, and the birthdate is wrong on the younger, although the address is right. My one childs significant other is listed only at an old address. I would say that the listings cannot be from the phone book, because I'm in the white pages, but not listed here, and my husband's name is correctly listed in the phone book, but incorrect here. Also on all legal documents, he uses his correct name which is just first-last (no middle initial) so I question whether the source really is publically available legal docs.
Tish Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #67
Chacounne
practical experience, FTW

Chacounne has earned our admirationChacounne has earned our admirationChacounne has earned our admirationChacounne has earned our admiration
Weirdness

My husband is listed under a 15 year old address, his son is listed with just a phone number, his daughter is listed with current contact info but the wrong birthdate. The info isn't from SSI or DSHS because his info would be current. Hmm, time to write the Attorney General, Congress, and media.

Not happy in the least,
Chacounne
Chacounne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #68
Mac H.
Board Visitor

Mac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputationMac H. has a double-platinum reputation
Now that 'publicly available information' is a whole lot more accessible, it IS becoming a concern.

In my country (Australia) it is even more bizarre. The database of criminal records which is publicly funded is not available to the public - only to the police, courts etc. (Schools do a criminal record check for paedophiles etc, but they don't have access to the database - they have special permission to query the police who simply say 'yes' or 'no')

But the fact that an individual has gone to court, and had a certain outcome - that is public information. So a PRIVATE database has been set up to collect that information, and for $20 will give you the criminal record of anyone you want.

So the PUBLICLY funded database is PRIVATE, and the PRIVATELY funded database is PUBLIC...

Mac.
Mac H. is offline   Reply With Quote